NP - JP An Early Reflection

TijuanaTim

Well, first of all I feel less frustrated and have an easier mind with Jan rather than Burley.

Have to say, still grateful for the job that Nigel Pearson did. A seemingly unemotional man that steadied the ship enough to just about navigate us out of some scary waters. He is also exceeding expectations at Filbert Street (or whatever it's called these days). Decent bloke that did a decent job, so best of luck.

JP is a rookie like his players, he has experience, but none of the rollercoaster that is English soccer. He has even more admirable characteristics than his predesessor. He wants us to play the right way, he believes in young talented athletes. His naivety is his biggest drawback...however, he's learning.

After the underwhelming events of the past few seasons it is easy for us to become negative and disillusioned, let's try not too. Just imagine our young lions with a year more experience and a competent football-minded coach with creative strategy in the CCC. If you can visualise it it may happen.

I bet when we start to do well, a lot of fans will say "I told you so"

Tim, how can say you are enthautisatic and positive on the radio!

Optimist mate, life's too short to constantly predict doom. Not so much wishing and hoping but more trying visual what benefits are occurring. As a race we are fairly 'doom and gloom' in general, wouldn't you say? Yet almost every year something happens to make life better.

What is being said is that 'we could now be a low as we are going' or was that last May? So let's collect the good stuff and use it as impetus as situations improve and we grow.

Edited by TijuanaTim

Optomist mate, life's too short to constantly predict doom. Not so much wishing and hoping but more trying visual what benefits are occurring. As a race we are fairly 'doom and gloom' in general, wouldn't you say? Yet almost every year something happens to make life better.

Love you to bits fella, but think you have to be over here in the city to really appreciate just how people are feeling.

I came back off hoilday ready to be surprised (particularly after the Derby game), but have now seen one performance of any real promise.

I also don't think people are being pessimistic, just honest and realistic. I still hope that for every game we can kickstart our season, so I'm definitely an optimist some times.

Life is indeed too short, I have accepted we're in the shy7e, and have done for a while now. So off into town in a minute to have a few beers and perve from a distance (i'm way too old to be on the pull!!!).

Admire your optimism, but just think you have to see how bad it is to get an all round perspective.

NP unemotional, you are kidding. He kicked every ball, or the water bottles. I think he wore his heart on his sleeve. I suspect he was also too outspoken and honest for Herr Lowe.

That's how I saw him too; totally passionate and committed with every fibre of his being. It was afterwards when he gave the post match interviews that he came across as somebody calm and collected, reasoned and intelligent.

I grow more wistful for the loss of him from managing us with every match we play without him.

I'm sure you're right that he wasn't the yes man that Lowelife would have tolerated and anyway he was Crouch's man, also intolerable for the ego that is Lowe.