I am so happy

offix

I am so happy that Ru**rt and the Quisling ousted the likes of a passionate fan and chairman like Leon Crouch, fired a hard nosed manager like NP, and dismissed an experienced football man like Lawry McMenemy.

Things are so much better now I can hardly stand it.:rolleyes:

I am so happy that Ru**rt and the Quisling ousted the likes of a passionate fan and chairman like Leon Crouch,

Don't get too carried away mate. Crouch was a spendaholic who let the wage bill go up by some 30-odd% while the parachute money stopped and attendance fell. Crouch was no better last season that the T055ER Lowe is now.

But as for sacking Nigel Pearson, I'm with you on that one. I will never do an incumbent manager down - and Jaan PF has my thumbs up while he has the job - but Nigel was our man when we was in a bind and we should have stuck with him.

Edited by 1976_Child

Could it be that the dismissal/mutual parting of NP was purely down to money.

Pearson's dismissal was nothing to do with money and nothing to do with Pearson not wanting the job enough.

It was solely down to Lowe wanting to appoint his own man and a revolutionary coaching set up that he could oversee (and influence).

Pearson's dismissal was nothing to do with money and nothing to do with Pearson not wanting the job enough.

It was solely down to Lowe wanting to appoint his own man and a revolutionary coaching set up that he could oversee (and influence).

For influence read control?

Could it be that the dismissal/mutual parting of NP was purely down to money. If he had really wanted the job, he would have accepted the reduced salary of 2 men...IMHO (conjecture, no source!) :cool:

I don't think you'll find many on here who do think NP's departure was purely down to money .

We are long on opinions and short on facts when it comes to Boardroom matters but from what we do know Rupert Lowe certainly first contacted Jan Poortvliet years ago - some say George Burley's appointment in 2005 was forced on RL when he really wanted JP at that time . It seems quite clear to me that RL never had the slightest intention of retaining Nigel Pearson's services as manager this season as Poortvliet was always his intended appointment . This of course rode roughshod over the expressed opinion of the vast majority of Saints fans or indeed any decent judge of British football . The sheer folly of this Double Dutch total football :rolleyes: experiment becomes ever more apparent with every passing match - I regard this as self evident .

IMO the alleged wages issue was a smokescreen intended to justify the current management arrangements . I do not accept then or now that Nigel Pearson did not want the job . I do not accept that a reasonable wage package could not have been negotiated had Lowe offered one . I do consider it unlikely that Nigel Pearson would have tolerated the level of interference with the squad that JP has had to endure so maybe NP's better off out of it . Jan Poortvleit on the other hand will be back in Holland before very long and Southampton Football Club need a footballing miracle to avoid both relegation and administration in 2009 .

I don't think you'll find many on here who do think NP's departure was purely down to money .

We are long on opinions and short on facts when it comes to Boardroom matters but from what we do know Rupert Lowe certainly first contacted Jan Poortvliet years ago - some say George Burley's appointment in 2005 was forced on RL when he really wanted JP at that time . It seems quite clear to me that RL never had the slightest intention of retaining Nigel Pearson's services as manager this season as Poortvliet was always his intended appointment . This of course rode roughshod over the expressed opinion of the vast majority of Saints fans or indeed any decent judge of British football . The sheer folly of this Double Dutch total football :rolleyes: experiment becomes ever more apparent with every passing match - I regard this as self evident .

IMO the alleged wages issue was a smokescreen intended to justify the current management arrangements . I do not accept then or now that Nigel Pearson did not want the job . I do not accept that a reasonable wage package could not have been negotiated had Lowe offered one . I do consider it unlikely that Nigel Pearson would have tolerated the level of interference with the squad that JP has had to endure so maybe NP's better off out of it . Jan Poortvleit on the other hand will be back in Holland before very long and Southampton Football Club need a footballing miracle to avoid both relegation and administration in 2009 .

Enlightened. Thanks. C.

What makes you say that ???? ..... That would mean Lowe sacking him ..... and if he did that, it would mean that HIS Brainchild had gone Pear Shaped .....

Can you forsee Lowe admitting he was wrong ....... now THAT would be a first !!!!!!!!!

Absolutely spot on!!!

Not another one of these threads. Can't we just say that the last 5 years have been an unmitigated disaster and a salutary lesson to any football club how not to do things, and then leave it at that..? Perhaps this should be the new chant in the Northam:

We haven't done a Leeds..!

Not another one of these threads. Can't we just say that the last 5 years have been an unmitigated disaster and a salutary lesson to any football club how not to do things, and then leave it at that..? Perhaps this should be the new chant in the Northam:

We haven't done a Leeds..!

No, don't let it rest my friend ......... Disaster it might have been, but the tragedy is ... it is STILL a disaster, and getting bigger by the day

We are but humble Supporters, no, sorry "Customers" ......... and until we can rid OUR Football Club of the Vermin that purport to run it for their own Personnal ends, then things will never get any better.

Getting Lowelife and his Quisling Puppet out would just be the start

What makes you say that ???? ..... That would mean Lowe sacking him ..... and if he did that, it would mean that HIS Brainchild had gone Pear Shaped .....

Can you forsee Lowe admitting he was wrong ....... now THAT would be a first !!!!!!!!!

Well he has got 'form' for sacking managers when results force him into it - reference that other genius appointment of his Steve Wigley , but it will probably be too late . :(

BTW there are some on here who owe you an apology when you so accurately predicted the clubs current sorry state of affairs last summer and received nothing but abuse in return - but I shouldn't hold me breath waiting for it if I were you .

BTW there are some on here who owe you an apology when you so accurately predicted the clubs current sorry state of affairs last summer and received nothing but abuse in return - but I shouldn't hold me breath waiting for it if I were you .

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. It is easy to predict failure and too often on here people spend their time saying "oh this is ****, that is ****" etc. without offering alternatives. i.e. Lowe out, then what.

Say what you like about Lowe and Wilde and whether they want what's best for them or the club. The fact is that we are in such a dire position that what is good for the club is good for them as well. It suits no one to go down, it suits no one to be in administration.

The difference between Lowe and everyone else is he has to make the decisions and be judged by them. If we had kept Pearson and results had been broadly the same, there would be an equal number on here criticising Lowe for not taking decisive action in the summer. The chairman is damned either way.

The sooner the fans quit concentrating on boardroom and support whoever is there then the quicker Saints will heal.

The sooner the fans quit concentrating on boardroom and support whoever is there then the quicker Saints will heal.

Although edited to this part agree with what you say AP, this last part is the most important, improved gates would have allowed us to keep last seasons top goal scorer and prevent the fire sale in January, but keep blaming Lowe if it makes you feel better

No, don't let it rest my friend ......... Disaster it might have been, but the tragedy is ... it is STILL a disaster, and getting bigger by the day

We are but humble Supporters, no, sorry "Customers" ......... and until we can rid OUR Football Club of the Vermin that purport to run it for their own Personnal ends, then things will never get any better.

Getting Lowelife and his Quisling Puppet out would just be the start

Sorry. You are right. I read through the posts that prompted my message, and almost as soon as I posted it, I was regretting it. At the time I wasn't able to change it, as I was called away. Now it's up there. We all get tired of reading the same old things, and 5 years of seeing what you love just dying on its feet gets too much at times.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the innocents here are the staff, JP and the coaches, and the squad of players. I believe Jan Poortvliet is a very capable coach, but his hands are being tied behind him. He is doing all he can with a young bunch of players who have had a huge responsibility thrust on their shoulders by people who should think less of their own investment, and start making SFC properly attractive to people who would like to come in. Over the last few seasons, we've heard the twaddle that suggests the club are looking for investment, but just can't find any. Well if that is the case, why is it that other similarly unattractive clubs can do it..? Perhaps they are actually trying without overly considering the money they can make out of the deal..? Perhaps our lot ought to consider that they themselves are the barrier to new money..? Perhaps our lot ought to consider their future elsewhere..?

Edited by St Landrew

Although edited to this part agree with what you say AP, this last part is the most important, improved gates would have allowed us to keep last seasons top goal scorer and prevent the fire sale in January, but keep blaming Lowe if it makes you feel better

Disagree completely. Why should we support what is currently there. It is a disaster having Lowe and the lap dog running this Club. I support Saints and go as often as I have done before, but don't tell me to support this lunatic or Lowe. The only way to "heal" this club is for all three of the main shareholders to be ousted, that may take a long long time (or it may happen soon when we enter administration) but until that time this Club is going down hill fast. Personally I would prefer Crouch to remain as a shareholder, sadly because of people's misconceptions he attracts similar bile to Lowe and the other one, so in the interests of moving forward I think Leon needs to go as well.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. It is easy to predict failure and too often on here people spend their time saying "oh this is ****, that is ****" etc. without offering alternatives. i.e. Lowe out, then what.

Say what you like about Lowe and Wilde and whether they want what's best for them or the club. The fact is that we are in such a dire position that what is good for the club is good for them as well. It suits no one to go down, it suits no one to be in administration.

The difference between Lowe and everyone else is he has to make the decisions and be judged by them. If we had kept Pearson and results had been broadly the same, there would be an equal number on here criticising Lowe for not taking decisive action in the summer. The chairman is damned either way.

If you really want the club to 'heal' then a good place to start would be to remove the cankerous sore eating away at the fanbase .

Until last summer I was not especially interested in the composition of the Boardroom , I just came to SMS to watch a football match . But you have to accept that rightly or wrongly a great many Saints fans just can't tolerate Rupert Lowe and this is playing a significant part in the clubs all to obvious decline . Yes we have no money but RL's mismanagement of the club this year has multiplying our problems to a serious degree . Rupert Lowe is in charge and it is he who must accept the lions share of the responsibility for SFC's current perilous state .

As for your 'decisive action' I just don't agree that this at all necessary in Nigel Pearson's case - we had a good manager , we should have kept him instead of embarking on this ill-advised experiment with 'total football' .

But our troubles are boardroom related. Cure our boardroom ills and we will move forward.