was stern sacrificed?

lordswoodsaints

so that we could afford to play skacel.

people have been calling for skacel to be played since the start of the season but it has been obvious from the start that he is one of the 'high earners' and perhaps that has halted his first team chances.

perhaps we could only afford to play him if another high earner was removed from the wage bill in the form of stern john.

be careful what you wish for and all that.....

personally i would rather we had kept stern,rudi is a luxury we cant afford imo.

people have been calling for skacel to be played since the start of the season but it has been obvious from the start that he is one of the 'high earners' and perhaps that has halted his first team chances.

perhaps we could only afford to play him if another high earner was removed from the wage bill in the form of stern john.

personally i would rather we had kept stern,rudi is a luxury we cant afford imo.

Come on fella, let's not try and pass the blame on to the fans on this one.

Even if the scenario was as you painted (which I very much doubt BTW), then it's still up to those in charge to make the best decision as they see fit.

Yes, after all we've got decent defenders queued up round the block, havent we ??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick, you heard the same as me then off to another CC club on loan (Watford?), Euell is also off on loan.

Come on make my day ,BWP as well????

Useless tosser, I blame the fans for that.

If we hadn't won 250K towards a player (trades description act?) in some Coca contest perhaps we'd never have bought the waste of space.

And you just carry on gloating about it. Your crusade against Rudi has been every bit as pathetic as that you accuse the likes of me of against Lowe.

Gloating about it!!!! Passing forward a bit of info is now gloating.

I will be at SMS tomorrow noght as worried as any other fan about the result, but as always i will be unable to have any control over the squad or team selection, all I can do is support who is put onto the pitch.

Wednesday morning it will you be gloating that 'you told us it would be rubbish' if we lose or others talking about a good result.

Come on make my day ,BWP as well????

Useless tosser, I blame the fans for that.

If we hadn't won 250K towards a player (trades description act?) in some Coca contest perhaps we'd never have bought the waste of space.

If Burley had been a bit quicker off the mark, we may have got Chopra instead.

Come on fella, let's not try and pass the blame on to the fans on this one.

Even if the scenario was as you painted (which I very much doubt BTW), then it's still up to those in charge to make the best decision as they see fit.

aint you got any homework to mark steve lol?

im not trying to lay the blame at the fans door but it is obvious that jan didnt have a say in the transfer.i dont know who makes the decisions anymore but i am pretty certain that it is a purely financial one,after all how many so called 'high earners' actually play in the team at the same time? possibly no more than 2 at any one time.

all i am saying is now that stern has left skacel's oppurtunitys for a first team place(or any one of the other high earners chances) have now increased if that is the way that things are being managed.

Both Stern and Rudi have clearly been played recently to show the rest of the league that they can still do a job so we can ship them out in my opinion. We have DMG anyway so who needs the man who scored the goals that kept us up last year. DMG is a world beater with an extremely professional attitude and will score at least 30 goals this season.

I'm almost past caring but I can't quite cut myself off from it. Depressed

well you are more reliable than me, maybe its Euell thats going to Watford, why do we let all our players go to rival clubs.

probably because the championship is about their standard,prem clubs dont want them and the lower divs cant afford them so we have no choice if we want them off of the wage bill,unless of course we want to blow a shed load on paying them off.

Both Stern and Rudi have clearly been played recently to show the rest of the league that they can still do a job so we can ship them out in my opinion. We have DMG anyway so who needs the man who scored the goals that kept us up last year. DMG is a world beater with an extremely professional attitude and will score at least 30 goals this season.

I'm almost past caring but I can't quite cut myself off from it. Depressed

Oh noes!!!1!!!

well you are more reliable than me, maybe its Euell thats going to Watford, why do we let all our players go to rival clubs.

Euell and BWP should be shipped out to any club likely to be in competiton with us for a relegation place. Without the proviso that they don't play against us.

Will be like playing against 10 men.

Euell and BWP should be shipped out to any club likely to be in competiton with us for a relegation place. Without the proviso that they don't play against us.

Will be like playing against 10 men.

WC I think you are being unfair and we will be glad of them as the season progresses.

Thanks i didnt realise.

I like him and if he could be part of the squad his combative skills and his experience up front could be a godsend.

I doubt that his qualities outweigh his salary though.

If Crouch was against it ,well then it must be firkin ginormous.

He's been out up till now, 3 months of the season, that's probably cost us in the region of 120K, for absolutely fook all.

Imagine the right back that we could have got on a free and a reasonable CCC

salary for that.It's just that we couldn't get rid of Euell in time.

You've to weigh up cost against contribution, why even Chelsea do it .

im not trying to lay the blame at the fans door but it is obvious that jan didnt have a say in the transfer.i dont know who makes the decisions anymore but i am pretty certain that it is a purely financial one,after all how many so called 'high earners' actually play in the team at the same time? possibly no more than 2 at any one time.

all i am saying is now that stern has left skacel's oppurtunitys for a first team place(or any one of the other high earners chances) have now increased if that is the way that things are being managed.

Thats a different spin from your original post. Lowe probably doesn't want to play all the high earners, and the one that left first was probably the one that was bought first, ie they are all up for sale and no one has come in for Rudi, yet. Not because the fans were calling for him alone to be played.

Look on the bright side peeps.

At least the seats at SMS are bolted to the floor so they probably won't be sold off yet (simply becasue we don't have enough money to pay a couple of labourers to do it)

Everything is pointing to the fact that we're dead men walking, if it ain't bolted down and we can get 50 quid for it it'll be gone. High earners on loan and probably we'll pay some of the wages to help.

Surprised half the reserves haven't been loaned out yet, I hear it could be that bad.

May not need to worry about boycotts soon.

Morph & Co, Leon, it's very close to that time to pick up the phone, don't leave it too long there'll be nowhere left to sit down on matchdays

Not from yours I'm not!!!!!!!!

I have no doubt it's financial and any latitude we probably had was used up bringing in 9 odd new faces over the summer.

Decisions have been made this summer and we will have to sit back and see if they are the right ones, but as we stand here today, I'm starting to think too many of them were false economies and we didn't prioritise correctly.

We're still very weak and the back and toothless up front.