Drinking games

Crouchie's Lawyer

A thread dedicated to sharing the knowledge that is drinking games.

A few of my favourites are:

*Spoof - each participent has three coins (doesnt matter what value, however the smaller the coin, the better 1p or better still 5p are the recommended) if there are 5 players, you go around the circle guessing how many coins will be in the middle (by in the middle I mean each player holds his/her chosen amount of coins in a clenched fist in the middle so nobody can see how many coins he/she has).

No two players are allowed the same guess. If each player has three coins, there are 4 possible amounts he can put into the middle so with 5 players, the maximum coinage in the middle will be 15 (if all 5 players put 3 in) and the minimum would be 0 coins (if nobody puts a coin in). Once the rounds of guessing have been done, the players then overturn their clenched fists to reveal how many coins they have in their hands. If someone guesses spot on how many coins are in the middle, they are out. The game then resumes with 4 players and so on, (with the person to the left of the person which guessed first, now guessing first themselves) until the last person is left, and they have to then drink a designated drink in the middle.

*Ciggarette pack game. Each player sits with a pint glass infront of him/her and when its their turn, they flip the pack over the pint glass onto the table. If the pack lands on its back or front (the two biggest surface area's of the pack) then they accumulate no fingers of drink. If there are fingers of drink accumulated before its their go, they must down the total. If the pack lands on one of its two sides (the second biggest surface area) they accumulate 2 fingers of drink and pass the pack on to the next person. If they manage to land the pack so its standing up on either end, then its 4 fingers of drink and the pack is passed on. If the next person then lands it in one of the scoring positions, the fingers of drink is added up until someone doesnt land it and then they must consume all which is added up.

As the game goes on, and people become better at it, rules are then added, such as, if you throw it and it lands in your pint, you must down your whole drink. If you 'accept' the pack of ciggies from another player, you must take 2 fingers of your drink (ie, the way to avoid this is to make sure the pack is on the table when its your go, and you pick it up yourself, if it is handed to you, you pay the penalty). The 'acceptance' rule is a good one as the more drunk people get the more then tend to accept the pack and therefore have to drink.

There is also a die hard rule, very rarely played, however, if you go for a ceiling shot (where you throw the pack up toward the ceiling (it doesnt have to hit the ceiling, but get close to it) and it lands. Everyone must down their drinks. If it doesnt land, you must down everyones drinks.

I have a few others, but ill let others contribute now! :D

You all throw your keys in the middle of the room......

You have to be well bladdered to play that one IMO

Ah you dirter! :D

Another one is 'one frog'

Its very hard to play the drunker you get.

There are 4 phrases you must remember:

'One frog - 'Jumped in' - 'A pond' - 'Splosh'

You go around the circle saying each one of these in order so person a starts with 'one frog' the next person says 'jumps in' etc etc. When you get to 'splosh' the next person then up's the number of frogs, so it then becomes 'two frogs' because there are now two frogs, everything is repeated twice so it would go...

'Two frogs - 'Two frogs' - 'Jumped in' - 'Jumped in' - 'A pond' - 'A pond' - 'Splosh' - 'Splosh'.

The numbers increase each time and if you get it wrong, you must do 2 fingers of your drink and it starts again.

Very good game.

Having not heard of this before, im guessing its just making a t!t out of yourself by dancing?

No, no it isn't. All you need to play is a vast quantity of beer inside you, then get a piece of newspaper, rolled up and clench one end in the cheeks of your arse. Then they all get lit at the same time and you have to see who can last the longest. Some say running about will stop the paper burning as fast, others prefer to move less.

I have never won a game as I feel the heat all too soon.

No, no it isn't. All you need to play is a vast quantity of beer inside you, then get a piece of newspaper, rolled up and clench one end in the cheeks of your arse. Then they all get lit at the same time and you have to see who can last the longest. Some say running about will stop the paper burning as fast, others prefer to move less.

I have never won a game as I feel the heat all too soon.

Ah, not a game for in pubs then (unless you are very friendly with the landlord) sounds funny though.

The centurion is one I like too.

100 shots of beer in 100 minutes (a shot ever minute!) Doesnt seem a lot, but to do it so quick and in 'shot' fashion means it is.

Possibly one for you Scotty if you favour just the drinking.

I'm just leaving now to go play smoke weed drink beer and bleach at the same time non stop for 1 hour, should be at the game for 7:30pm, I know some of you aren't bothering you uptight somethings. If it was Tiddlywinks, then it would be different huh, meerkats!

If I had a ticket I would go, however I need money to get a ticket and having just been advised I have to use our 'wedding fund' to purchase a water proof back lobby, I cannot really spend money on anything else at the moment :(

Ah, not a game for in pubs then (unless you are very friendly with the landlord) sounds funny though.

The centurion is one I like too.

100 shots of beer in 100 minutes (a shot ever minute!) Doesnt seem a lot, but to do it so quick and in 'shot' fashion means it is.

Possibly one for you Scotty if you favour just the drinking.

It is best to not know the landlord, or the other customers and have a bloke with you getting married. This tends to allow you to get away with more.

"Chinny chinny nosey nosey"

I'm sure most must know it. Goes something like a load of you sat round a table. First person says chinny chinny tapping their chin. Next person has to say whatever the first person + what they what to say, eg. chinny chinny nosey nosey. This continues around the table.

Each person that forgets what to say has a punishment. In my case of playing its always a mouthful of whatever you're drinking. I've also had black chalk written on my face. Also some games i've played of it you have to pick the glass up with your little finger sticking up.

I could be wrong on a few details as the only time i've ever played i've naturally been hammered, but i think im pretty close.

*Dirty pint*- When ya mate leaves the room you rim his pint

Mate of mine had a good one...he would wipe his finger on his arse so it smelt and then say "does this pint smell funny to you" and hold it out for you to smell with the finger near the top of the glass...

Mercifully he never got me with it...but is funny when it's someone else...

Mate of mine had a good one...he would wipe his finger on his arse so it smelt and then say "does this pint smell funny to you" and hold it out for you to smell with the finger near the top of the glass...

I just have to do that!!

Ah Spoof....

You know what? After years of hoofing the ball up in the air in Salsibury & District League Div 7, going fishing instead of rugby while at school and smoking and drinking too much, I finally got to achieve one of those miracle moments in life while here in Dubai back in 2003.

Yep, what's more I was quite successful.

I reached the Quarter Final of the WORLD SPOOFING CHAMIONSHIPS

yep, sadly, such a thing does exist. It was an event that was tagged onto to the yep even sadder - Gulf Spoofing Championships of that year, which I have been to about 5 times now.

The whole night is hysterical, Black Tie & Tux, no ladies allowed, 90 quid all you can eat and drink, starts at 6pm and ends at 1am, and about 200 of Dubai's long serving/suffering ex pat community in attendance. The booze and food is given free and all the money raised goes to charity, normally for under-privileged kids in Palestine

It has a whole suite of rules, special names for calls (eg Belgrano - for sank - cinq - five; Steffi - for Graf - The German Virgin - Nein - Nine etc), impossible calls - eg calling 10 when there are only 3 players etc.

Breach of the rules is punishable by a fine of a Bottle of Port, everyone, even the Chaps from the Colonies speak in an unfathomable Upper Class Twit accent.

There are two qualifying rounds with the winners from each table progressing to the Quarter Finals where you are Auctioned.

All the money for the bids is put into a kitty and split 80% to the winning OWNERS (not the spoofers) and 20% to the runner up.

The Winner gets a trophy and is required to order a proper "Spoofing Jacket" Sort of thing that would garish at Henley regatta in sort of Green red & Yellow stripes.

The World Champion then receives a (sponsor donated) free trip with his better half to the following year's foolery. Previous venues have included Monaco, Sydney, New York, London etc.

The event here is always a curtain raiser for the marathon drinking session that is the Dubai Rugby 7's as there are always a load of stupid old farts in town.

My younger brother came one year and remarked "This truly is the most ludicrously stupid thing I have ever had the mis-fortune to take part in" I pointed out that this was more likely to be the fact that he was trying to down his second bottle of Port in one go but not sure the advice got through.

Oh and was my success due to special training regimes? Extra practice sessions? Was it fook, I was just late and was about 4 pints behind everyone else so until I got as p*ssed as the rest it seemed quite easy.

lol, only problem is, I wouldnt want a 'dirty' finger!

Jeff Stelling Drinking Game

Can't be arsed to post the rules, google it, or youtube it for some reality documentries.

Quality game, and one which I will be doing on Saturday again.

Sounds interesting:

Current Rules:

- Everytime a goal is scored:- 1 shot of beer

- Every sending off:- 1 shot of Jager (or substitute)

- Half time:- Absolutley no alcoholic beverages may be

imbibed during this period.

- Whenever Chris Kamara is talking:- You must be drinking

- Whenever Merson uses stupid rhyming slang (i.e."he's hit the beans on toast"!):- 1 shot of Jager

- In the second half, all teams can only be referred to by their nicknames:- Failure to do so results in a 3 beer shot penalty.

- Whenever Swindon Town appear on the vidiprinter: - Last person to shout out 'Mackerel' takes shot of Jager.

- Whenever Dundee appear on the vidiprinter:- Last person to shout out 'Football' takes shot of Jager.

- Everytime Phil Thompson says 'Stevie Gerrard':- 3 shots of beer.

- Everytime Jeff makes an 'A Trialist' joke:- 3 shots of beer.

- Everytime your team score:- 2 extra shots of beer

- Everytime Matty Taylor and 'Goal of the Season' are mentioned in the same sentence:- 1 shot of Jager

- Everytime Jeff calls Kenny Deucher 'The Good Doctor':- 1 shot of Whisky

- Any hint of racism (social or otherwise) from any of the pundits:- Quad bombs (4 jager+redbull) all round

- Everytime Hartlepool score a goal:- 3 shots of beer

- Everytime a pundit shouts off camera:- 2 shots of beer

- Everytime LeTiss is mentioned in connection with a takeaway: - 1 shot of Jager

- Whenever Chris Kamara says "its unbelievable Jeff", all drinks must be downed

- Everytime Jeff mentions "dancing in the streets of TNS: - 1 shot of jager

- Everytime Jeff says "its Doom and Gloom at..." - 1 shot of jager

- Everytime the team 'Keith' is referred to as just being one guy :- 1 shot of jager

- Everytime Brighton & Hove, or Daggers & Redbridge are jokingly referred to as two different teams playing the same oppo :- 1 shot of jager

- Everytime when Arbroath striker Kevin Webster scores and Stelling says "ohh, Sally will be pleased" :- 1 shot of Jager.

- Everytime anything bad happens to Craig Bellemy (injury, og, booked, arrested for assault etc.) :- 2 celebratory shots of the spirit of choice.

- Whenever Northampton Town appear on the vidiprinter, last person to shout out 'Cobblers' :- shot of Jager

Sounds like a very expensive game