This is a womans sport?

Saint in Paradise

I was quite amazed and a tad shocked that that this video is of a so called womans sport.

I know I am old and so I am out of touch with some modern "thinking" so I wonder if anyone

else who watches this video agrees with me?

I would like to hear what Jill or BTF thinks, I suspect/know "Dog" won't agree with me :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsALXW6Mq4k&feature=player_embedded

I didn't post in general sports as some people don't appear to read stuff in there.

There is a clip of womens cricket when the bowler forgets to put her planting foot down and lands on her face. Soccer AM used to show it a lot in the Lovejoy days. That was what formed my opinion of womens sport for me

Forget sports, that's just on par with forgetting to put your foot down when walking. Jesus H.

Well, I don't think any form of fighting is a sport TBH.

Having said that, if women want to engage in the same sort of so-called sport as men, I don't have any issues with that.v

Why? Boxing for just one example is actually one of the most technical and skillful sports there is. It's not just two blokes hitting each other you know. Boxing and martial arts are excellent sports for fitness and discipline.

Why? Boxing for just one example is actually one of the most technical and skillful sports there is. It's not just two blokes hitting each other you know. Boxing and martial arts are excellent sports for fitness and discipline.

Why? Because I don't think punching seven bells out of each other is sport. That's MY opinion and I realise other people don't agree.

But the key point in this thread that I was making was that, IF fighting is considered a sport, then there's no logical, moral or cultural reason why women shouldn't participate.

I don't know much about martial arts at all but, from what I've seen, there's no real 'hurting' involved. In fact it's highly likely that my granddaughter will take up karate when she gets to be 6. Her dad is a black belt and she already knows some of the moves. To me, it's as valid as ballet in developing posture, co-ordination and confidence so I have no problem with her doing it (not that it's any of my business anyway).

If women want to indulge in the same sports as men, why shouldn't they? Essentailly Budd only got her arm dislocated because in Rouse's previous fight, Sarah D'Alelio claimed she hadn't tapped and the ref had stopped it early. Unfortunately if it's not stopped soon enough, that's what happens.

Ronda Rousey is almost as talented as she is hot.

She really isn't that hot

Of course fighting sports are considered sports, it takes training, discipline and physical exertion. Both parties understand the dangers and the boundries.

If women want to do mens sports then why shouldn't they ? Obviously they need to understand they will never be as talented lol.

As per the dislocation, did the ref tap soon enough or was the contender attempting to ride it out ?? As soon as Ronda got the arm straightened out she was f*cked.

Why? Because I don't think punching seven bells out of each other is sport. That's MY opinion and I realise other people don't agree.

But the key point in this thread that I was making was that, IF fighting is considered a sport, then there's no logical, moral or cultural reason why women shouldn't participate.

I don't know much about martial arts at all but, from what I've seen, there's no real 'hurting' involved. In fact it's highly likely that my granddaughter will take up karate when she gets to be 6. Her dad is a black belt and she already knows some of the moves. To me, it's as valid as ballet in developing posture, co-ordination and confidence so I have no problem with her doing it (not that it's any of my business anyway).

Well that sums up your knowledge on Boxing and martial arts. There are a lot more to them than "punching seven bells out of each other" I've played a decent standard of football and cricket. Rugby, tennis and also trained at a Boxing gym and the lads who trained there are fitter, more commited, more self disciplined than any other sport i've been involved in, plus its also a lot more skillful than people think.

She really isn't that hot

Of course fighting sports are considered sports, it takes training, discipline and physical exertion. Both parties understand the dangers and the boundries.

If women want to do mens sports then why shouldn't they ? Obviously they need to understand they will never be as talented lol.

As per the dislocation, did the ref tap soon enough or was the contender attempting to ride it out ?? As soon as Ronda got the arm straightened out she was f*cked.

Some women will have an unfair advantage in fighting sports of being a lot more aggressive when they are on. Should they be jam rag tested as well as drug tested?

Well that sums up your knowledge on Boxing and martial arts. There are a lot more to them than "punching seven bells out of each other" I've played a decent standard of football and cricket. Rugby, tennis and also trained at a Boxing gym and the lads who trained there are fitter, more commited, more self disciplined than any other sport i've been involved in, plus its also a lot more skillful than people think.

I said from the outset that I don't know much about fighting sports so you're saying nothing new there, are you :rolleyes:

Whilst I understand and admire commitment in all sports and in the arts, I still don't like to see people deliberately hurting each other. I don't class that as sport (a bit like not regarding fox hunting as a sport).

I don't doubt that boxers are fit.

But, again, you're straying away from the original discussion.

I said from the outset that I don't know much about fighting sports so you're saying nothing new there, are you :rolleyes:

Whilst I understand and admire commitment in all sports and in the arts, I still don't like to see people deliberately hurting each other. I don't class that as sport (a bit like not regarding fox hunting as a sport).

I don't doubt that boxers are fit.

But, again, you're straying away from the original discussion.

Well if you dont knwo anything about them how can you say they aren't sports? Or is this another example of our forum know it alls giving an opinion on something they know f*ck all about?

Well if you dont knwo anything about them how can you say they aren't sports? Or is this another example of our forum know it alls giving an opinion on something they know f*ck all about?

I don't know everything about everything and nor do you I suggest.

What I do THINK (see the difference there?) is that hurting people is just plain wrong and, therefore, I don't think it's a sport. Any more than I think dog fighting, cock fighting (although a fair bit of that goes on here) or pheasant shooting are sports. It's a philosophy I've had all my adult life.

But again - to address the OP - if fighting IS deemed a sport, then there is no reason why women shouldn't participate if they want to.

I don't know everything about everything and nor do you I suggest.

What I do THINK (see the difference there?) is that hurting people is just plain wrong and, therefore, I don't think it's a sport. Any more than I think dog fighting, cock fighting (although a fair bit of that goes on here) or pheasant shooting are sports. It's a philosophy I've had all my adult life.

But again - to address the OP - if fighting IS deemed a sport, then there is no reason why women shouldn't participate if they want to.

Golden rule: If you can do it with a fag in your hand or mouth it's not a sport it's a pastime.