Basaya

ozzmeister

I still don really understandthe reasoning for selling him during the summer. He cant of been a high earner and to me would have been the perfect player for this formation - a big powerful forward who could of broken up the defence and created space for our attcking midfield players.

Anyone got any info on how he is doing at the moment?

I still don really understandthe reasoning for selling him during the summer. He cant of been a high earner and to me would have been the perfect player for this formation - a big powerful forward who could of broken up the defence and created space for our attcking midfield players.

Anyone got any info on how he is doing at the moment?

Baseya isn't doing much just now. He's on a pro contract at Lille but hasn't played any first team football. He's had a few runs out for their CFA or reserve side.Scored 2 goals. I don't think he'll hang around long at Lille although he has a 4 year contract. Perhaps Rudi Garcia doesn't rate him. Think Puel signed him but he's gone to Lyon now,where he is,by the way, doing a none too great job.

Oh they're still top but nowhere near as easily as under Houiller or even Perrin.

Baseya isn't doing much just now. He's on a pro contract at Lille but hasn't played any first team football. He's had a few runs out for their CFA or reserve side.Scored 2 goals. I don't think he'll hang around long at Lille although he has a 4 year contract. Perhaps Rudi Garcia doesn't rate him. Think Puel signed him but he's gone to Lyon now,where he is,by the way, doing a none too great job.

Oh they're still top but nowhere near as easily as under Houiller or even Perrin.

I get the feeling that by the time we realised he might be needed the next season he had made his mind up to leave and therefore any efforts to sign him were too late. At around the crucial time for negotiations all eyes were on relegation and Lowe coming back. He may well have been homesick but it would just be our style to have ****ed it up.

I get the feeling that by the time we realised he might be needed the next season he had made his mind up to leave and therefore any efforts to sign him were too late. At around the crucial time for negotiations all eyes were on relegation and Lowe coming back. He may well have been homesick but it would just be our style to have ****ed it up.

I don't know, someone intimated back in the summer that we were pleased to see him leave.

it was before Jan was appointed if my memory serves me correctly, but it was RL but as chairman I would expect so.

Jan was appointed a month before Basseya left.

Of course it could well be Basseya made his decision to leave in the two weeks between Lowe coming back and Jan being appointed, but once again you have to ask why is the Chairman so closely involved with player issues.

Jan was appointed a month before Basseya left.

Of course it could well be Basseya made his decision to leave in the two weeks between Lowe coming back and Jan being appointed, but once again you have to ask why is the Chairman so closely involved with player issues.

I cant recall what the Runnymead meeting gave as RL's remit, but I think it was football matters and also RL handled players signings in many deals when we were in the Pl I believe. If RL tried to convince a young player to stay what is wrong with that? Bloody hell this is getting dridiculous, he also persuaded Morgan to join is that bad as well.

I remember when that young prodigy chose Chelsea instead of saints and there was hell to pay because RL had it was said not gone to meet the lad and his parents.

Why is everything that is done seen as sinister, if Basaya fitted in with the clubs plans they should use every means posssible to show they want him and to have a board member try to persuade him not to go should be seen as good not bad.

I dont want him to pick the team but if he is responsible for getting a young player to stay who one day may become an asset then go for it.

Why is everything that is done seen as sinister, if Basaya fitted in with the clubs plans they should use every means posssible to show they want him and to have a board member try to persuade him not to go should be seen as good not bad.

If Basseya fitted in with the managers plans and the manager wanted him, then we should be doing everything to keep him.

It's the managers decision on who he wants and on who he doesn't want.

If Basseya fitted in with the managers plans and the manager wanted him, then we should be doing everything to keep him.

It's the managers decision on who he wants and on who he doesn't want.

where was it said it wasn't. There again pre the appointment the club would of course have to take account of which players could leave on freedom of contract and try to make moves to keep them. They were trying to persuade Dyer at the same time. That was good business as he could have walked for nothing but we have a deal with Sheff utd that will bring in a nice sum, so we should applaud RL for that or whoever got him to sign.

where was it said it wasn't. There again pre the appointment the club would of course have to take account of which players could leave on freedom of contract and try to make moves to keep them. They were trying to persuade Dyer at the same time. That was good business as he could have walked for nothing but we have a deal with Sheff utd that will bring in a nice sum, so we should applaud RL for that or whoever got him to sign.

But why should we try to keep someone if they're rubbish, won't feature in the managers plans and unlikely to cost us more than any potential transfer fee. It's the managers job to decide on these things. That's what he gets judged on.

Dyer might work out, but then again he may not, but these decisions should be the decisions of the manager, not the Chairman using players as commodities and trading in them for the hope of a profit somewhere down the line.

The job of the manager is to manage his squad, not have signings thrust upon him in the hope they might make us some money at some point in the future.

We have seen at a number of clubs recently what happens when players are bought without the approval of the manager.

If the manager wants a player, then the Club should do everything it possibly can to get that player for him, but it should not be the other way around.

Look at our biggest signing this season, Scheiderlin. He was signed without the manager even seeing him play. He could lead us to promotin, he could leave us being worth a mint, but he could also be using up a large tranche of our "spare cash" which could have been better used elsewhere if only the manager had the freedom to manage.

But why should we try to keep someone if they're rubbish, won't feature in the managers plans and unlikely to cost us more than any potential transfer fee. It's the managers job to decide on these things. That's what he gets judged on.

Dyer might work out, but then again he may not, but these decisions should be the decisions of the manager, not the Chairman using players as commodities and trading in them for the hope of a profit somewhere down the line.

The job of the manager is to manage his squad, not have signings thrust upon him in the hope they might make us some money at some point in the future.

We have seen at a number of clubs recently what happens when players are bought without the approval of the manager.

If the manager wants a player, then the Club should do everything it possibly can to get that player for him, but it should not be the other way around.

Look at our biggest signing this season, Scheiderlin. He was signed without the manager even seeing him play. He could lead us to promotin, he could leave us being worth a mint, but he could also be using up a large tranche of our "spare cash" which could have been better used elsewhere if only the manager had the freedom to manage.

A player with promise who coud leave due to freedom of contract was tried to be persuaded to stay. He was an asset going out of the door. The club has a responsibility to try and look after those assets, in your scenario Dyer should have been left to walk as well as Basaya, boy would the club get some stick for that.

A player with promise who coud leave due to freedom of contract was tried to be persuaded to stay. He was an asset going out of the door. The club has a responsibility to try and look after those assets, in your scenario Dyer should have been left to walk as well as Basaya, boy would the club get some stick for that.

It's a decision that should be left to the manager.

The manager is the most important person at a football club and he will be judged by results on the pitch.

If Jan decided that he wanted Dyer, then fine we should have tried to get him a new contract, if not then he should have been released.

If the manager doesn't rate him and was never going to play him, then his wages would just be a drain on the Club's resources. £5k a week across a 3 year deal we add up to £1million once all the add ons get thrown in. If that was the case and he was hardly likely to figure in a CCC side, then I'm not sure someone would pay the money required to recoup the wages we had paid.

We are talking about a football club here, not a company trading in prospective footballers. Poortvliet's job is to deliver success on the pitch and he shouldn't have some of his wage budget used up by others running a buy and sell shop on the side (that's what Hoddle's Academy is all abiout, we're a professional football club).