New Tyres again..

Dog

OK folks, I have Yoko's on the back which are brilliant but sound like the wheel bairings have gone due to the tyres wearing uneven so wont be getting them again. I have Continental Sport on the front, very good but haven't lasted 6 months. Was going for Michelins but they want £170 a tyre so not too keen on them, or maybe Bridgestone REO50.

However I have come across these tyres, Nokian Z G2 which have excellent ratings, has anyone used these tyres and what are they like? They also do a good winter tyre, the Nokian WR A3.

Not too sure what to go for, need them replacing today???

I usually buy Nokian tyres for the winter, they nearly always come top of the tests our version of the AA do. Winter tyres are a very big deal over here, it's illegal to drive without them after a certain date. We have to choose tyres with or without metal studs. The tests are well respected and quite vigorous, using snow, ice and wet tarmac. Some of the others excel at one or the other, but year after year Nokian are best over all for studless tyres.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May cost a few quid more, but the one thing with Michelins is, so long as you don't drive like a complete plonker, they will last a damn sight longer than a lot of other tyres.

I have a Honda Accord Tourer, all the toys you could wish for, when I first went to get tyres the chap at Micheldever went " oooh riiiight! Best check we have any of that size in stock only 5 cars use this size of tyre!". Had some Michelins at a price that lasted 28,000 next time got Bridgestone Potenza's lasted 19,000 miles, this is for fronts, rears good for well over 40,000.

May cost a few quid more, but the one thing with Michelins is, so long as you don't drive like a complete plonker, they will last a damn sight longer than a lot of other tyres.

I have a Honda Accord Tourer, all the toys you could wish for, when I first went to get tyres the chap at Micheldever went " oooh riiiight! Best check we have any of that size in stock only 5 cars use this size of tyre!". Had some Michelins at a price that lasted 28,000 next time got Bridgestone Potenza's lasted 19,000 miles, this is for fronts, rears good for well over 40,000.

My michelin ps3s are doing very well after around 6 months.. Impressed so far compared to the Pirelli p zeros I had before