Rasiak Situation

Saint Charlie

Great win today, and other results not too bad either. However, with Rasiak scoring today, and Watford looking like they will struggle it does seem ludicrous that he is scoring goals for a team within a couple of places as us.

I understand why we loaned him out, and this isnt really a gripe at anyone particularly but it could throw up some strange scenarios later in the season if both teams were still near the bottom.

Probably we didnt expect them to be near the bottom and maybe eventually they wont be but I doubt if we can recall him and loan him somewhere else but IMO would way rather a loan like Saga's rather than to someone in the same league.

I mean the guy could score the goals that relegate us which is ludicrous and wouldnt really put him personally in a great position either.

(Its slightly different with John as he is only at Bristol City until Jan but I think GR is at Watford for the whole season).

You could also argue that Rasiak weakens the Watford side due to his inability to close down from the front or retain possession from long balls...

If he's not scoring, he can be a liability to a struggling team, and not just financially.

I say, let them keep him!

;)

I thought we signed him on a four-year deal?

my mistake. That's interesting then. I guess we want him to score a few goals then to attract a buyer or another loanee.

I bet my bottom dollar that he returns here in the summer and we have to pay him right until he moves on the last day of August.

Great win today, and other results not too bad either. However, with Rasiak scoring today, and Watford looking like they will struggle it does seem ludicrous that he is scoring goals for a team within a couple of places as us.

I understand why we loaned him out, and this isnt really a gripe at anyone particularly but it could throw up some strange scenarios later in the season if both teams were still near the bottom.

Probably we didnt expect them to be near the bottom and maybe eventually they wont be but I doubt if we can recall him and loan him somewhere else but IMO would way rather a loan like Saga's rather than to someone in the same league.

I mean the guy could score the goals that relegate us which is ludicrous and wouldnt really put him personally in a great position either.

(Its slightly different with John as he is only at Bristol City until Jan but I think GR is at Watford for the whole season).

We simply cannot afford their wages!