Migraines

saint_stevo

Evil bloody things, get em bad too. Left side goes numb-hand, mouth, tongue, throat its horrible. Flashing lights in my eyes and then start throwing up. Had a bugger today after football not happy.

Not really found anything effective at stopping or lessening the killer headache?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Seriously Steve, migraines are a hell of a lot more common in women and they are no joke. I do feel sorry for you but you need to see your GP if you are suffering those symptoms.

I thought they were normal migraine symptoms?

Usually starts with an in-ability to comprehend, reading/talking etc, then flashing lights in my eyes and loss of peripheral vision. Then comes the numbness as previously mentioned followed by excessive vomiting and then pass out in a darkened room somewhere.

Real fun

As DSM said, go see a Dr. There are good prescription drugs that can help. My step-mum suffers badly from them, at least one a week and gets the symptons that you state. Hers can sometimes last for a couple of days. Its also good if you know the warning signs as if you act then it can help lessen the severity of it.

my girlfriend suffers form them too and suffers all of the effects above. Cant open eyes and cant leave the bed for sometimes 24 hours.

Annoying thing is the people who say they have a migrane but its just a bad headache!!!

Try Migralive. (spelling?) Its in a black packet and you can get it from Boots. Seems to help the missus.

There is something in Tea that triggers Migraines for me. I've inherited it from my Mum as she used to have exactly the same symptoms.

I've never been to see a doctor about it but I have not had one since I stopped drinking tea about 3 years ago.

Its definitely not caffeine as I can drink other products that are high in caffeine.

Evil bloody things, get em bad too. Left side goes numb-hand, mouth, tongue, throat its horrible. Flashing lights in my eyes and then start throwing up. Had a bugger today after football not happy.

Not really found anything effective at stopping or lessening the killer headache?

I usually recommend getting hold of MELATONIN Tablets. Usually used for jet lag they give good results and relief in Migraine sufferers. Not sure if you can obtain them over the counter in the UK these days but they can be ordered on the internet from a reputable vendor.

I say usually, as recently I met a doctor who gave a lecture on Urine therapy for migraines and a number of other illnesses. I can't say I've tried it but from the research I've done since on the matter, if all else fails, I'd now be willing to give it a try if necessary in future.

Check out the following info and how your own pee is capable of remedying your body ailments.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine_martha.htm

There are a lot of tablets that will lessen the effects of migraine once they start. As a prevention I take Feverfew every day (you can either take one or two). I only get maybe only one migraine a year now where they used to be much more frequent. You can get them from Holland & Barrett (cheaper and higher dose than Boots).

I used to get migraines all the time after playing football......started taking 2 aspirin just before I play now & very rarely get them these days.

There are a lot of tablets that will lessen the effects of migraine once they start. As a prevention I take Feverfew every day (you can either take one or two). I only get maybe only one migraine a year now where they used to be much more frequent. You can get them from Holland & Barrett (cheaper and higher dose than Boots).

i did used to take FeverFew, especially when i was younger and doing my exams, i once had 9 migraines in 9 days during an exam period....was really fun

Annoying thing is the people who say they have a migrane but its just a bad headache!!!

Yes, i knew someone once who said he had influenza when it was just a cold, i was furious, and another time someone claimed to have diarrhoea when it wasn't really much more than loose bowel movements. Why do people do this ??

Many years ago (like 100's) there was a discussion on Radio One about Migraines. One point that came out is that some people get them due to a strain on the facial nerve. That strain can come about from an unbalanced bite - ie the jaw not sitting properly after for exampple having a filling.

I never got the flashes and nausea but I got humdingers and had to lay down in the dark for a good hour or two.

On a trip to the dentist I mentioned it, she used some stuff like carbon paper and found one tooth that needed filing down (much less than a quarter millimetre) which she did and bingo no more problems.

Since then I get occassional attacks and every time a trip to the dentist reveals the jaw isn't sitting right. Often because of a new filling, an old one wearing down or recently having a bridge fitted.

It doesn't cover all types but it may be worth a shout next time you're passing by the dentist, I was surprised that my old dentist in the UK as well as those I've been to here had all known about it.

• 12 years later...

I suffer really badly with Migraine. I do not know what triggers then, but I get them a few times a year. They normally last 6/8 hours and I just have to ride it out. One side normally the right side, head, face, ear and neck. I just sit not moving, cannot eat and just look like death. Then it lifts and everything seems wonderful in life and I feel great… for at least an hour.