All Saints Day - Or just forget?

Master Bates

So, it was said that the home game closest to All Saints Day we would have a minute applause / silence for all those lost within the year.

Would that have been Tuesday 28th per chance? Or will someone from the club now read this and do the minute applause / silence for this Saturday claiming they'd rather do it when there's more home fans rather than admit they've forgotten?

If they have forgotten, then for shame, whether it was their idea in the first place or not (I believe it may have been L Crouch).

If it's because they'd rather do it when there are more home fans then why? what's the point, if they aren't gonna show then tough.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Paula, rememberence sunday and all saints day?

Surprised they don't combine it with Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, May Day, Whit Sunday and Ascension. Save a lot of trouble in the long run.:mad:

And Money... Hey Rupert! ;)

I know the ecconomy is in bad shame, but just how expensive is silence these days? :-s

Anyway, it would be a shame if it was forgotten about all together. I thought previously that it was the first Sunday AFTER the first of November, not the nearest?

I don't in all honnestly think we need a minutes silence for rememberance day. That is afterall, what rememberence day is for. If we were playing a game, which kicked off at 11am on the 11th then maybe.

Fvcking stupid idea. If you want to remember someone go to fvcking church.

I go to footy to be entertained not do a minutes silence at every All Saints day.

If it was purely for entertainment fans wouldn't stick with the same club, they would be off finding the entertainment elsewhere.

People generally go because they want to be part of something called Southampton Football Club, and to some that means once in a while remebering fans, friends, players and managers who once graced the stage of the oldest club on the south coast.

[quote name=

People generally go because they want to be part of something called Southampton Football Club, and to some that means once in a while remebering fans, friends, players and managers who once graced the stage of the oldest club on the south coast.[/quote]

spot on.

If it was purely for entertainment fans wouldn't stick with the same club, they would be off finding the entertainment elsewhere.

People generally go because they want to be part of something called Southampton Football Club, and to some that means once in a while remebering fans, friends, players and managers who once graced the stage of the oldest club on the south coast.

Exactly. It's something the Paula Poolton thread bought home to me: how many people knew her and the impact of her death on us as a community.