Time for a change at RB

Born In The 80s

I'm a fan of Richardson, but since he came back from injury he has been a total liability. He often gets beaten by his man, and his crossing (one of his best qualities) seems to have gone completely to pot.

We have Danny Butterfield in the squad, who i believe is a very solid replacement for the out-of-form Frazer. I know he was injured, but now he's fit again it's time to get him involved. Danny also has a fantastic delivery in wide areas, and i don't think we use that far-post cross when Rickie peels off to the back post anyway near enough. Rickie is constantly finding himself matched up against smaller full backs, but in the last dozen or so games, the crosses have been under hit, over hit or sometimes not even hit at all.

Butterfield for Richardson for a few games for me.

I wouldn't be too hasty, i think Frazer needs some game time to get himself sharper and back into form. I remember earlier in the season thinking Richardson was going to struggle this season (after the game against Millwall in which he struggled against Abdou), but after that he was outstanding in much of our run up to xmas.

I'm a fan of Richardson, but since he came back from injury he has been a total liability. He often gets beaten by his man, and his crossing (one of his best qualities) seems to have gone completely to pot.

We have Danny Butterfield in the squad, who i believe is a very solid replacement for the out-of-form Frazer. I know he was injured, but now he's fit again it's time to get him involved. Danny also has a fantastic delivery in wide areas, and i don't think we use that far-post cross when Rickie peels off to the back post anyway near enough. Rickie is constantly finding himself matched up against smaller full backs, but in the last dozen or so games, the crosses have been under hit, over hit or sometimes not even hit at all.

Butterfield for Richardson for a few games for me.

Thing is we don't know who's fit, who isn't and who's only half fit most of the time.

I mean look at De Ridder last night, seems to me that he broke down with the same hamstring problem that's been plaguing him for a while now,was asking to be subbed long before it actually happened apparently. Then there was what I can only believe was stuborness over Chaplow,surely 30 at the end for him would have given Reeves a far more beneficial airing if he had the type of game which many seem to think he did.

I had the impression from Sunday onwards when NA started saying Chaplow and Lee would start that he didn't much care whether we won or not.If we'd really wanted to win the starting side last night would have been different because we would have played with at least one of the2 main ball recoverers who can actually play a defensive role.

Richardson is only just returning from injury - he's paid first and foremost for his defensive work and I don't think he's been too shabby there.

Like expecting miracles from Chaplow, I think people's expectations of Frazer delivery-wise have run ahead of reality. He was playing out of his skin before - and there are no guarantees that he'll recover the same form. Indeed, its probably unfair that he's judged by those standards.

As for Butterfield, I don't rate his crossing ability - he rarely gets to the byline and prefers the Lloyd James-ball from deep which can be very hit and miss. As for hitting Lambert on the backpost, I don't think its for lack of effort that it hasn't worked; rather teams have got smarter to the ploy and begun to double-mark Lambert.