O2 Home Broadband anyone have it ?

sfc1971

to be honest, if it's ADSL, then the speeds are dictated by the quality of your line and the distance from the exchange. If you pop your postcode into the 02 checker then it might give you an estimation of the speed you can expect to get.

Can't comment on the reliability, so i'll let someone else who's used 02 to comment on that.

I’ve had o2 over 4 years now, started off at £7.50 for a 10meg unlimited service. As my daughter had an o2 mobile phone that I was paying for, so I got the reduced rate.

In the real world the speed had never got as high as 5 meg, I have kept a log on think broadband. Sam knows predicts I can only get 6 meg in my location, but I get about 3.5 most of the time.

Never had any problems with loss of service or even had to contact them with a problem.

Also never had download issues or problems with traffic management to date, I don’t down load lots of data (films games etc) but can watch I player and a Saturday afternoon football match without problems.

They have just put the price up to £9.50 in the last few months.

Hope this helps

Had it until recently. O2 are easily one of the worst providers going - according to a friend in the know - and I have to say I was less than impressed.

As previously mentioned, it depends on the distance from the exchange. I live a good few miles from it and was always told we'd never get high speed internet and no one was interested in doing fibre optic connections. Sky however have technology that can guarantee a good speed and indeed they have doubled ours. It's also much better value compared to what we were getting with O2.

I have O2 broadband and have never had a problem with it. No loss of service and relatively fast speeds. Can't speak for how your connection may be in terms of speed (as mentioned above, dependent distance from the exchange) but based on my experience, would recommend them.

I've got it and been very happy with it. I consistently get speeds of 13-15mb and in the 3 years I've had it I can't recall one period of any downtime. Reliability could hardly be better. I initially had a problem getting it going because of a problem down at the exchange but after ringing them up (their UK based) the staff couldn't have been more efficient and sorted the problem very quickly

The only time my package has increased in price was when the VAT rate when up to 20%

I would definitely recommend it.

Had it for 18months and it has been trouble free. As others have said it's ADSL which is an inferior product to fibre optic but then you get what you pay for. I think I get about 11mb or so and live about 2000m from the exchange. I had much better speeds on Virgin Media but didn't want all the other services Virgin expect you to have. When I got O2, it was them and Be who consistently topped polls as the most popular ADSL providers.

I have been with most providers out there & I must say that O2 are great on price & reliability. Another major plus is that should you have any issues, their call centre is based in UK .... so no trying to speak to someone in Mumbai that does not know their a*se from thie elbow !