Are we now playing hoofball!

Saint Billy

It looked like that last saturday.

Ironic really, being that the reason many did not want Billy Davies here was the perception that he gets teams to play hoof.

We seem now to only play the flowing passing game on the odd occassion which says to me that the Total Football concept has already been dumped.

It looked like that last saturday.

Ironic really, being that the reason many did not want Billy Davies here was the perception that he gets teams to play hoof.

We seem now to only play the flowing passing game on the odd occassion which says to me that the Total Football concept has already been dumped.

Is this a Billy Davies post in disguise? I must have been watching a different team last Saturday.

I'm sort of looking forward to Saturday's match. I am expecting a defeat, sadly, but will be really depressed if we go down hoofing. We may be up against it, but for goodness sake, entertain us. Then there is an outside chance of a positive surprise.

Pre season we played some really nice football (yes, I know it wasnt exactly top opposition) passing the ball around with Gillett and Spiderman usually the fulcrum in the middle and good wing play from Holmes and Thompson. It takes a lot of confidence/composure to keep doing that in the thick of battle though and the easier option is just to get rid of it in the general direction of the opposition's goal.

A few injuries and a few bad results had seriously dented the total football objective. I hope they can keep with it and make it work, and prove a few people wrong. Middle table would be a good result this year (unfortunately) if we are realistic.

Is this a Billy Davies post in disguise? I must have been watching a different team last Saturday.

Quite. I was there on Saturday. I didn't see any hoofball.

Frankly I wish I had seen some occasionally! Davis didn't kick it out once, whilst his opposite number was kicking into our penalty area.

K.