Le Tissier

scott_saints

August 2009! Way too late to ask for as a Christmas present. Can't wait though, should be a great read. I hope he writes it himself rather than get a "ghost writer".

The chapter about Glenda should be very interesting. And suitably vitriolic I hope.

I like to think however crap we get now, it's ok because we had over ten years of one of the greatest players ever. I wouldn't swap that for being in the Premiership now.

indeed..on talksport earlier they were talking about the great british sporting traverties - matt getting 7 england caps was one of the most mentioned..

when he got snubbed for the 98 world cup he was never the same player really...

It was probably deserved, afterall, Hoddle said he'd see what he could do in that England B game, and Le Tissier was rubbish in that wasn't he. Plus, England went on to easily win the world cup without him, never needing a set piece or penalty expert.

The '98 World Squad was:

David Seaman, Nigel Martyn, Tim Flowers, Sol Campbell, Tony Adams, Gareth Southgate, Graeme Le Saux, Martin Keown, Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville, David Beckham, Darren Anderton, Paul Ince, David Batty, Paul Scholes, Rob Lee, Steve McManaman, Paul Merson, Teddy Sheringham, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer (captain), Les Ferdinand

So basically, Rob Lee kept Le Tiss out and there was no place for Gazza either.

August 2009! Way too late to ask for as a Christmas present. Can't wait though, should be a great read. I hope he writes it himself rather than get a "ghost writer".

The chapter about Glenda should be very interesting. And suitably vitriolic I hope.

Hoddles treatment of Le Tiss is the reason i despise Hoddle with a passion. When Hoddle was manager of Chelsea he tried to sign Le Tiss, but because Le Tiss was loyal Hoddle always held a grudge and when he became England manager he wouldn't pick Le Tiss out of pure spite. ****.

I hear Graham Hiley is the ghost writer.

So basically, Rob Lee kept Le Tiss out and there was no place for Gazza either.

I think Lee would have got in the squad anyway. It was Darren Anderton who took what should have been Le Tissier's place, despite having played the grand total of 15 times that season thanks to various injuries (surprise, surprise).

Hoddles treatment of Le Tiss is the reason i despise Hoddle with a passion. When Hoddle was manager of Chelsea he tried to sign Le Tiss, but because Le Tiss was loyal Hoddle always held a grudge and when he became England manager he wouldn't pick Le Tiss out of pure spite. ****.

A certain lover of mr hoddle who posts on here will not ba happy with you