Trouble buying the new shirt today?

Dazza82

Cannot see the appeal of spending your sunday standing in WQ queuing for a football shirt.

Especially when you'll be able to walk into the shop in a weeks time and get one without queuing at all. Also why are some people queuing for the new shirt wearing last seasons shirts. Why do people feel the need to put their saints shirt on to queue for the new one? I had to LOL at the pictures of that.

Especially when you'll be able to walk into the shop in a weeks time and get one without queuing at all. Also why are some people queuing for the new shirt wearing last seasons shirts. Why do people feel the need to put their saints shirt on to queue for the new one? I had to LOL at the pictures of that.

Exacly the same mentality as the nerds you see camping out for the new Ipad, whilst playing on their current Ipad.

I went to get the new home shirt today, Didnt manage to get there till 3pm and there was a queue outside so i thought id just join the back and it should go down quickly.

There was a few staff outside and i was told that i couldnt join the queue as they couldnt say if everyone would be able to be served before 5! I looked in the shop and there was about 20 people inside. I was very annoyed considering this was the only reason i had come to west quay for from Fareham.

Was wondering if anyone else had this today?

Write to Liverpool and buy one from them after all Saints seem to have bought L'pool's old stock as a job lot. You'll probably get a thin paint brush to change the yellow pin stripes to white, for free.

The strip is b----y awful. Bring back the Rank/Xerox or Air Florida style ASP.

Image is everything. When Dave and Tina left their council flat they were determined to show the world that they were winners in the game of life and could afford to change their shirts every season.

Can sort of understand young kids excited to get the new shirt and their hero printed on the back. But groups of middle aged men, really?

Just saw in the album, haha.

The obnoxious and patronising comments by some people on this forum are sickening.

I question my sanity in even coming on here lately.

My thoughts exactly. I mean this is not just a sub forum of a football forum - this is "The Saints" on the SWF and it really is a jolly poor show.

My thoughts exactly. I mean this is not just a sub forum of a football forum - this is "The Saints" on the SWF and it really is a jolly poor show.

It is a bit pathetic though Dune. Its easy to put groups of people down, but why, whats the enjoyment?

Your a loner chain smoker who hangs outside buildings in the rain and lives in the 1950s. Ha hah ha etc. Turkish is a mid 30s bloke going to seed, getting fat and still desperately clinging on to his clothes and cyber hoolie persona as a crutch against getting old. So he cracks endelss variations of the same joke about a catchement area in order to show how smart he is. ha ha ha ha.

Is that better?

It is a bit pathetic though Dune. Its easy to put groups of people down, but why, whats the enjoyment?

Your a loner chain smoker who hangs outside buildings in the rain and lives in the 1950s. Ha hah ha etc. Turkish is a mid 30s bloke going to seed, getting fat and still desperately clinging on to his clothes and cyber hoolie persona as a crutch against getting old. So he cracks endelss variations of the same joke about a catchement area in order to show how smart he is. ha ha ha ha.

Is that better?

That's fine by me Timmy.

Back on topic, no queue for the shirt or printing in the megastore today. Some staff members don't seem keen on the shirt but it will grow on people, once people get used to it.

There won't be though will there. It'd be like going to a film premier on the second night - no red carpet, no daily echo photographers - the moment to revel in the limelight and 'be seen' has passed.

Write to Liverpool and buy one from them after all Saints seem to have bought L'pool's old stock as a job lot. You'll probably get a thin paint brush to change the yellow pin stripes to white, for free.

The strip is b----y awful. Bring back the Rank/Xerox or Air Florida style ASP.

The old Liverpool shirt had white pinstripes as well, just for the record. You'd need a pencil to add the extremely traditional grey "stripes" though.

Oh, and the away kit (which I do like), looks remarkably like Liverpool's away kit in 2010/11. It was white with red pinstripes anyway.

liverpool-away-shirt.png

Edited by The9

I have been reliably informed that the Megastore at the stadium was completely empty this morning when one of my mates got hers.

I have been reliably informed that the Megastore at the stadium was completely empty this morning when one of my mates got hers.

I think your fag packet maths earlier kind of put it into context. One till in operation at the West Quay store, estimate 1 transaction per minute, 11am to 5pm, so on that basis potentially 360 shirts sold.

I think your fag packet maths earlier kind of put it into context. One till in operation at the West Quay store, estimate 1 transaction per minute, 11am to 5pm, so on that basis potentially 360 shirts sold.

Yeah - actually I should point out that they may have had 2 tills working - but even if they did the queue was only moving at 1 per minute. Glad I was able to put some perspective on it without getting jumped all over on here as well. Quite surprised actually, there's usually someone to do it even if it makes perfect sense to me !

Also, when I said the Stadium shop was "completely empty" (at around 10:30am) actually it's been clarified that they "didn't have to wait long" at the till, but did have to queue for shirt printing. Which to be fair I've also had to do every time I've ever had a shirt printed in there, ever.

Edited by The9

Yeah - actually I should point out that they may have had 2 tills working - but even if they did the queue was only moving at 1 per minute. Glad I was able to put some perspective on it without getting jumped all over on here as well. Quite surprised actually, there's usually someone to do it even if it makes perfect sense to me !

Also, when I said the Stadium shop was "completely empty" (at around 10:30am) actually it's been clarified that they "didn't have to wait long" at the till, but did have to queue for shirt printing. Which to be fair I've also had to do every time I've ever had a shirt printed in there, ever.

Do you get your shirts printed like this?

THE

Pretty sure the official number from yesterday was 3,000 shirts sold.

And when I say official number I mean number made up by some spanner on the other kit thread yesterday afternoon.

Do you get your shirts printed like this?

THE

I don't usually get them printed at all, but I have only once had my surname on it (twice if you include the Forum match but that wasn't optional), and even then had a blank version too.

I do know someone who had a shirt with

THE

on it though.

Pretty sure the official number from yesterday was 3,000 shirts sold.

And when I say official number I mean number made up by some spanner on the other kit thread yesterday afternoon.

Yeah, I was about to say "number made up by some spanner on the other kit thread" myself. :D

Just to clarify/confirm this, as it was me, I was in the shop for just under half an hour I guess - 10/15 faffing around looking at stuff, and around another 10 waiting in a queue which had about half a dozen in front of me for shirt printing, and having a brief chat with a couple of staff.

Two of the main tills open, plus the till on printing, and three staff doing the printing. Steady number of people in and out, not as mental as WestQuay yesterday by a long shot, plenty of space to move around happily. Even paid the Car-tese tax for parking.