Trouble buying the new shirt today?

Dazza82

I went to get the new home shirt today, Didnt manage to get there till 3pm and there was a queue outside so i thought id just join the back and it should go down quickly.

There was a few staff outside and i was told that i couldnt join the queue as they couldnt say if everyone would be able to be served before 5! I looked in the shop and there was about 20 people inside. I was very annoyed considering this was the only reason i had come to west quay for from Fareham.

Was wondering if anyone else had this today?

Is it not better that they told you outright you probably wouldn't get served in time, rather than let you wait for 2 hours?

It's obviously proven to be a very popular launch; I guess you've just found out the risks of what can happen when you decide you have to buy something as soon as it comes out?

Went down from Didcot, joined queue at 1 20 pm outside the entrance to West Quay, thought about not bothering but considering I had come 60 Miles decided to persevere. Got my shirt at 3 25 pm! Was told 2 and a half hours was the norm!

I think they need to revisit this and do something at the Megastore instead. Oh and if you wanted printing, that was another 25 mins queue after getting your shirt!

Why not just get it in a couple of weeks? Will be no queue then.

Because nipper was excited to get one so thought it would be nice to get one today for him?

I wonder how all this other shops like Topman handle having more than 20 customers!

Because nipper was excited to get one so thought it would be nice to get one today for him?

I wonder how all this other shops like Topman handle having more than 20 customers!

Fair enough. I imagine they would have something better in place next season as I would suspect that this sort of demand was unprecedented.

Is it not better that they told you outright you probably wouldn't get served in time, rather than let you wait for 2 hours?

It's obviously proven to be a very popular launch; I guess you've just found out the risks of what can happen when you decide you have to buy something as soon as it comes out?

Yes it was good to advise me, but a lack of preperation on their behalf for the BIG launch today!

Yes it was good to advise me, but a lack of preperation on their behalf for the BIG launch today!

If the reaction on here is anything to go by then the demand for the shirt has completely surprised everyone; perhaps also the club, hence the significant queues.

Went down from Didcot, joined queue at 1 20 pm outside the entrance to West Quay, thought about not bothering but considering I had come 60 Miles decided to persevere. Got my shirt at 3 25 pm! Was told 2 and a half hours was the norm!

I think they need to revisit this and do something at the Megastore instead. Oh and if you wanted printing, that was another 25 mins queue after getting your shirt!

They probably weren`t expecting the rush as nobody likes the shirts apparently.

If the reaction on here is anything to go by then the demand for the shirt has completely surprised everyone; perhaps also the club, hence the significant queues.

The people on here is just a small fraction of our fanbase though

The people on here is just a small fraction of our fanbase though

Well of course; but the point is that the scale of demand for this new kit has taken lots of people by surprise; possibly also the club, hence why they weren't as prepared as they maybe could have been to serve everyone quicker.

Well of course; but the point is that the scale of demand for this new kit has taken lots of people by surprise; possibly also the club, hence why they weren't as prepared as they maybe could have been to serve everyone quicker.

Yeah well ive learnt my lesson now and had my rant lol

I still dont under why places like sports direct dont sell them?

Yeah well ive learnt my lesson now and had my rant lol

I still dont under why places like sports direct dont sell them?

I think because they typically undercut the ticket price. Plus Saints would have to give them a cut of the profits. Sell them at the ground or in the West Quay store and they control the price as well as maximising the profits.

I think because they typically undercut the ticket price. Plus Saints would have to give them a cut of the profits. Sell them at the ground or in the West Quay store and they control the price as well as maximising the profits.

Fair enough, Looks like ill be off to Mega store sometime this week

They released it in West Quay because the shop is smaller, hence the queueing. Supply and demand, making it appear that the shirt has the possibility to sell out again will mean a rush of people to the megastore tomorrow morning, just wait and see.

On the shirts, are the mediums actually mediums or does the average fan need an XL to save the blushes of it looking skin tight?

They released it in West Quay because the shop is smaller, hence the queueing. Supply and demand, making it appear that the shirt has the possibility to sell out again will mean a rush of people to the megastore tomorrow morning, just wait and see.

On the shirts, are the mediums actually mediums or does the average fan need an XL to save the blushes of it looking skin tight?

I got an XL which seemed to be exactly the same fit a last seasons shirts. I'm a 44 chest btw.

I got an XL which seemed to be exactly the same fit a last seasons shirts. I'm a 44 chest btw.

Yep, the magic of Umbro - you always need at least the next size up from what you would usually buy.

Nice to see that the season DVD is out too, wonder why they didnt make more of an announcement of that ? Nobody could complain about that....could they ?

Edited by beatlesaint

Topman would be lucky to have 20 customers in a day. Most other shops don't have demand like this where hundreds of people all want to buy a single product on the same day because they can't wait. Look what happens when the gaming geeks want their new nerdy game the moment it comes out. You can't suddenly build in 20 extra tills and 20 extra staff for a one-off event. Given most people thought the new kit was gash I'm surprised there was a queue at all, and given we don't even know what squad numbers will be seems a bit odd getting numbers printed, unless you want 7 I suppose.

Yep, the magic of Umbro - you always need at least the next size up from what you would usually buy.

Nice to see that the season DVD is out too, wonder why they didnt make more of an announcement of that ? Nobody could complain about that....could they ?

Thank you.

Not sure why they didn't wait an extra day to release the top and a lot of the queuing could have been reduced/avoided. As the OS has just said ...

"If you haven't managed to get your hands on a 2012/13 home kit yet, you will have an extra chance to do so from tomorrow when the newly-refurbished Saints Megastore at St Mary's opens its doors."

Queued for 2 hours to get my 5 month old son a kit which I personally do not like as he got money for it for his christening for it to be told they did not have any 12-18 month sizes in and were not sure when they would be getting them there was a sunday wasted felt like a tool most of time in queue but the missus was adamant that we stayed in it

Not sure why they didn't wait an extra day to release the top and a lot of the queuing could have been reduced/avoided. As the OS has just said ...

"If you haven't managed to get your hands on a 2012/13 home kit yet, you will have an extra chance to do so from tomorrow when the newly-refurbished Saints Megastore at St Mary's opens its doors."

Create the impression of high demand with big queues in the middle of town?

Queued for 2 hours to get my 5 month old son a kit which I personally do not like as he got money for it for his christening for it to be told they did not have any 12-18 month sizes in and were not sure when they would be getting them there was a sunday wasted felt like a tool most of time in queue but the missus was adamant that we stayed in it

I'm not sure this would make sense even if you'd used some punctuation.

So you raced down to the store to get a 12-18 months sized kit for a 5 month old?

I must be missing something; is he massive?

Did you want it for him to wear at his Christening ?

I went to get the new home shirt today, Didnt manage to get there till 3pm and there was a queue outside so i thought id just join the back and it should go down quickly.

There was a few staff outside and i was told that i couldnt join the queue as they couldnt say if everyone would be able to be served before 5! I looked in the shop and there was about 20 people inside. I was very annoyed considering this was the only reason i had come to west quay for from Fareham.

Was wondering if anyone else had this today?

whats the rush?

Bu

But that's ridiculous, everyone knows we need a 60,000 seater next season with capacity to go up to 80k.

It's not as if we haven't discussed it at length.

Of course everyone wanted to buy our CL qualification shirt the first chance they could get. They'll be worth a fortune in years to come in Japan.

I wear small/medium tops generally and an Umbro small is fine for me, so I'm not sure that's strictly true!

Personally not quite cynical enough to believe that today's queues were conceived as a PR stunt - it's nigh-on impossible to predict how many people will turn up to an 'event' like this. Unless you want to start suggesting that half of the crowd were plants, but that's approaching Lowe-era hysteria. I don't doubt there would have been a few using a slow response as indication that the world at large hates the kit - a good showing of interest in the club is more of a positive isn't it? Heaven knows it would have looked feeble if nobody had bothered.

I was in the que at 10:10 just out side the shop doors, with about 30 - 40 people in front of me, the shop didnt open until 11:15 which was greated by a massive cheer due to it being 15mins late.

I managed to get into the shop at 11:50, by this time the que was out the door around to the back of M&S, then had to wait 30min to get 2 prem printed on it.

I was in the que at 10:10 just out side the shop doors, with about 30 - 40 people in front of me, the shop didnt open until 11:15 which was greated by a massive cheer due to it being 15mins late.

I managed to get into the shop at 11:50, by this time the que was out the door around to the back of M&S, then had to wait 30min to get 2 prem printed on it.

Fascinating. What time did you get up? Did you have a shower or a bath or just a quick wash? What did you have for breakfast or did you go without? Did you drive to town or walk or take public transport?

Fascinating. What time did you get up? Did you have a shower or a bath or just a quick wash? What did you have for breakfast or did you go without? Did you drive to town or walk or take public transport?

Sinking to even lower levels of sarcasm now i see. Need some new material bud!!

Karma, mate. Wasnt supposed to be. Feel that money bulging your wallet instead.

So basically from this we can work out that they were serving approx 1 person per minute. (30-40 people ahead in the queue, 35 mins to get served). If the store was open 11:15 til 5, they'd have served around 345 people.

Er, wow, what a massive success.

I still don't understand why there are only two club shops, and they are a 10/15 min walk from each other. one in eastleigh would do well imo, maybe one in winch or Basingstoke too. plus, given the size if our catchment area yada yada...

I still don't understand why there are only two club shops, and they are a 10/15 min walk from each other. one in eastleigh would do well imo, maybe one in winch or Basingstoke too. plus, given the size if our catchment area yada yada...

Perhaps part of a future plan. Would certainly make sense (at least the Eastleigh and Winchester ones), especially as we don't use Sports Direct or anyone else to sell kits. Basingstoke I'm not so sure, at least not yet.