Hypothetical Question

JohnnyFartPants

Sadly, I dont think ****ing with the manager is going to do the team any good in the long run. Shearer, who has no experience at coaching or management, would need his "own" people to work with, and some money to buy players to plug the gaps.

Now, if he was to come in as a technical advisor or DoF, then that might swell the gates and leave Jan to work with what he KNOWS we have...

Sadly, I dont think ****ing with the manager is going to do the team any good in the long run. Shearer, who has no experience at coaching or management, would need his "own" people to work with, and some money to buy players to plug the gaps.

Now, if he was to come in as a technical advisor or DoF, then that might swell the gates and leave Jan to work with what he KNOWS we have...

Shearer is one of those players that could make the transition from great player to player/manager or manager though. Great captains often do, like Keane and Dalgliesh. He was gobby enough when playing to have been the manager anyway. I say get him involved.

Shearer is one of those players that could make the transition from great player to player/manager or manager though. Great captains often do, like Keane and Dalgliesh. He was gobby enough when playing to have been the manager anyway. I say get him involved.

Im not saying he could not do John, he may well be the next greatest ex-player manager out there; but at present he hasnt even, to my knowledge based on a comment from him on MOTD, even have his UEFA Coaching badges. He might get them and turn out like Dalgliesh or Strachan, or he might not... I just dont think its the right time for us to run that experiment.

Im not saying he could not do John, he may well be the next greatest ex-player manager out there; but at present he hasnt even, to my knowledge based on a comment from him on MOTD, even have his UEFA Coaching badges. He might get them and turn out like Dalgliesh or Strachan, or he might not... I just dont think its the right time for us to run that experiment.

Okay, would it be a less risk to bring him in as player/first team coach? I am thinking more in terms of lifting the morale, adding an edge and putting bums on seats? It seems that JP doesn't have a huge ego and welcomed the arrival of MLT to train with the lads with open arms for the Celtic game. Surely he would jump all over AS coming on down?

IF Alan Shearer was appointed player/manager tomorrow morning, would it increase the gate and make the team stronger?

Yes, the euphoria would be massive, the crowd would be bigger, and the players would be lifted, but not made "stronger"

Two flaws with your hypothesis .....

1) Lowe and Wilde would still be at St Mary's

2) Shearer would not be involved with anything overlooked by Lowe and Wilde, as he would NOT be a YES MAN

So ..... Dream on ............

In short ... no one with a mind of his own, will EVER be appointed as long as Lowe and Wilde are in charge.

I would love to see the likes of Roy Keane, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger in charge at St Mary's ............ how long do you think Lowe would last with them, before they walked out ???

Okay, would it be a less risk to bring him in as player/first team coach? I am thinking more in terms of lifting the morale, adding an edge and putting bums on seats? It seems that JP doesn't have a huge ego and welcomed the arrival of MLT to train with the lads with open arms for the Celtic game. Surely he would jump all over AS coming on down?

He may well do, and it's an interesting proposition to have AS as a player/coach. Are his legs still up to it? Im not so sure. Registering him as a player as a way of getting him into the club and on the touchline is a cunning plan, but do we really need another coach, one that hasnt been associated with this club for over a decade?

I would rather see someone like MLT come in a be an "advisor" to Jan and Mark, talking to the team before the game and offering tips and tricks to players like Lallana and McGoldrick.

He may well do, and it's an interesting proposition to have AS as a player/coach. Are his legs still up to it? Im not so sure. Registering him as a player as a way of getting him into the club and on the touchline is a cunning plan, but do we really need another coach, one that hasnt been associated with this club for over a decade?

I would rather see someone like MLT come in a be an "advisor" to Jan and Mark, talking to the team before the game and offering tips and tricks to players like Lallana and McGoldrick.

I see your point, but with player/coach Shearer on the bench or MLT in the dugout as coach, with 30 minutes left and needing a goal, then what do you think? If that boy band kid can find Shearers head with a cross then I am sure he can get on the end of a few from our lot. He needs to be reminded that he won't be able to ever go back and do this again in about 2 to 3 years from now, but he could go out there and become our hero just one more time and make a huge difference. He could save this club.

think it would make a huge impact on crowds, general feelgood factor, press interest etc, this is likely to help the team.

whether he would be a good manager who knows.

also -can't see it ever happening, he has dropped huge hints that he will manage Newcastle one day, they are premiership, his club, richer by far, better supported, where he lives and would be welcomed there as a god -can't imagine he would even answer the phone to a job offer from us:(