Some Honesty Required

qwertySFC

Reading today the quotes from Jan and various players contributions to the clubs current form, it would be good to have a real honest apprasial from those mentioned. Jan states that he is not thinking about relegation as he believes the side will start winning games consistently very soon. Jan also proclaims that

“We are on the way and it will be difficult because of the position in the table but we have to go on because we are close.”

Alex Pearce suggests “We’re all learning and progressing well and the way we played gives us all encouragement.

“It’s a fantastic achievement but we just need to work on not giving stupid goals away and make sure we finish our chances.”

Firstly i would love to know what the fantastic achievement is and in fact looking back over league results it appears that the opposite is occuring.

In September we concided 6 and scored 7 , October we scored 2 and concided 11 goals. November so far scored 4 ( 3 in one game) concided 5

Jan has proclaimed numerous times that he feels we will get it right, some thing is not going right and it is quite plain to see. Again today we have O/S getting excited about another managers view of the way we play , surely it is time for Jan to stop making such lavish promises ...and to start to deliver . He is really starting to sound like a man who has lost the plot. Could we be the best passing team that has ever been relegated , on this current form and the grasping of straws the out look is not looking good.

To be fair the powers to be and 4/5 posters on here thought it right he get at least 3 years to bring about total football.......Give him and Lowey Time.......No chance..

He will not have the same side in Jan if he is still here let alone the end of the season..

As each game goes by it really becomes too late to attempt to save us from the big fall.

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling

The worst is the comments from the opposition, which the OS loves to post. They all "praise" us for playing pretty football ......... BUT WE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F@ck the "pretty football", just WIN!

I think the oppostion managers comments are the hardest to take and why does the O/S continue to post them. It is if to say , we lost , but it don't matter because other people think we are really good..just what is the point of that

I think the oppostion managers comments are the hardest to take and why does the O/S continue to post them. It is if to say , we lost , but it don't matter because other people think we are really good..just what is the point of that

To be fair most Official Sites (including ours in the past) are normally fairly optimistic and are not exactly impartial, but I would also say that since the summer ours has gone into overdrve and taken optimism, spin and bullshyt to a new level.

Combined with the sychophantic reporting of the Daily Echo you have to wonder just how thick they think the average fan is. If one of it's duties is to reach out and embrace the fanbase, then I have to say I personally feel it is failing dismally.

The essence of good propaganda is that it has to have an element of credibility, so that the more suggestable readers or listeners can feel some resonance with it.

But the downfall of propaganda is when it loses its credibility and once that situation has arrived, then everybody is dismissive of it and suspects that the entire message is devoid of facts, even if some wasn't.

That is the stage that most have reached with both the OS and the Daily Echo.

The essence of good propaganda is that it has to have an element of credibility, so that the more suggestable readers or listeners can feel some resonance with it.

But the downfall of propaganda is when it loses its credibility and once that situation has arrived, then everybody is dismissive of it and suspects that the entire message is devoid of facts, even if some wasn't.

It does make one quite cynical.

It would always be devoid of facts - the agreement would need a certain level of success on the pitch!

Is the unit/team getting better ?

Than when?

I'd say they are worse than they were at the start of the season. Injuries haven't helped (Lee Holmes has been a big miss), but we were playing better football in the first few games than we have been recently.

It says it all when we are posting comments from teams that beat us saying how good we were. We ****ing lost again,

Have they no shame

Ok, an honest appraisal for those that can/do make games.

Is the unit/team getting better ?

( results may not suggest so - but are we as a team getting better ?)

i think they are becoming better has a team and a unit but are need a few olderheds to help them,but i am confident that we will have a better second half of the season.

Spot on IMHO. During the last four years the club have constantly wheeled out different players who have said "we can turn it around", " the lads are up for it", "things are getting better". I'm sorry, but it is complete rubbish until I see the team putting a decent run together and only then may I start to think some of the things they say are actually credible.

Reading today the quotes from Jan and various players contributions to the clubs current form, it would be good to have a real honest apprasial from those mentioned. Jan states that he is not thinking about relegation as he believes the side will start winning games consistently very soon. Jan also proclaims that

“We are on the way and it will be difficult because of the position in the table but we have to go on because we are close.”

Alex Pearce suggests “We’re all learning and progressing well and the way we played gives us all encouragement.

“It’s a fantastic achievement but we just need to work on not giving stupid goals away and make sure we finish our chances.”

Firstly i would love to know what the fantastic achievement is and in fact looking back over league results it appears that the opposite is occuring.

In September we concided 6 and scored 7 , October we scored 2 and concided 11 goals. November so far scored 4 ( 3 in one game) concided 5

Jan has proclaimed numerous times that he feels we will get it right, some thing is not going right and it is quite plain to see. Again today we have O/S getting excited about another managers view of the way we play , surely it is time for Jan to stop making such lavish promises ...and to start to deliver . He is really starting to sound like a man who has lost the plot. Could we be the best passing team that has ever been relegated , on this current form and the grasping of straws the out look is not looking good.

yeah right, how about telling it like it is for a change! I want to hear "we are playing attractive football but it is clear it isn't winning us games, we will be reverting back to a syle more in keeping with other teams! as we know you need physical presence as well as the ability to pass"

not gonna happen though :(

All OS's are the same! Why would an officil source moan about the team telling them how sh1t they are?

Are you all that stupid that you can't tell the difference between fans opinions and official propaganda?

Have a look at other clubs Official websites, none of them are negative, it's all for morale

To answer the original question, I think not being compltely spanked every single week and picking up some points especially on the road is a big achievement for a club with an inexperienced manager in this league and a buch of Youth/reserve team kids and fair bit of injuries at early stage of the season.

All OS's are the same! Why would an officil source moan about the team telling them how sh1t they are?

Are you all that stupid that you can't tell the difference between fans opinions and official propaganda?Have a look at other clubs Official websites, none of them are negative, it's all for morale

To answer the original question, I think not being compltely spanked every single week and picking up some points especially on the road is a big achievement for a club with an inexperienced manager in this league and a buch of Youth/reserve team kids and fair bit of injuries at early stage of the season.

No, we're not that stupid and realise that what is on the OS is propaganda.

The people who are stupid are those who sanction this crap on the OS believing as they obviously do that we are stupid enough to believe it.

Yes, it is a reasonable achievement picking up points on the road with this inexperienced manager and this team of naive and inexperienced youngsters. What is exactly the opposite is the level of failure of the same bunch of players at home matches where they have the advantage of home support, which has generally been good. On the OS, Jan has attempted to explain that the youngsters feel too great a burden of expectation on their shoulders, but he has no answer of what he needs to do about it.

It will be interesting to ponder what slant the OS will put on the sale of any half decent youngster in January. Presumably they will say that had we the fans turned out in greater numbers, these players could have been retained. It is all our fault. :rolleyes:

I think that as we are football fans we can put up with the usual stuff supplied from the O/S .What I find really annoying is that the local press have not put any serious points of view across to the manager/coach . It is quite evident reading the majority of readers comments in the local press that some basic questions could be asked. But, what we do have is the local press allowing players, coaches free reign without any come back . If we had any quality journalism locally then maybe some of the real concerns could be addressed. What we seem to have at the moment is SFC using the local press as it's appointed PR person and I question why that is being allowed.