Guly was fit....

Dazza82

I think the main person who said this happened was Turkish and he's already admitted he got it wrong. No need to go on about it really.

What, the meeting between Cortese and Adkins? The shift in formation and tactics from that "meeting"; the subsequent taking away of the players. No, not so much. Perhaps not to the degrees previously suggested, but I believed at the time and still do believe that there's something in it. Plus I've heard from other sources that there was, and that Nigel Adkins is under less influence from above than before (think LR rather than NC). May be true, may not be; that's what message boards and speculation are for; make up your own mind.

Are you saying that you believe some sources which tie in with your way of thinking, whilst you discredit others that don't, Frank??

Nope, just I formed my opinion on this AFTER looking at ALL the sources and making my mind up on which appear most credible... in this case, I know Weston, and I know who his source is - whereas I have no idea on anyone elses and they are not sharing, so logic prevails. I am happy to admit, as is Weston, that its not definitive, but on balance I think he is closer to the truth on this occasion.

What, the meeting between Cortese and Adkins? The shift in formation and tactics from that "meeting"; the subsequent taking away of the players. No, not so much. Perhaps not to the degrees previously suggested, but I believed at the time and still do believe that there's something in it. Plus I've heard from other sources that there was, and that Nigel Adkins is under less influence from above than before (think LR rather than NC). May be true, may not be; that's what message boards and speculation are for; make up your own mind.

Yes indeed... all I am saying is that its often better to WAIT until you have as much infoirmation as possible before forming an opinion. Turks like a wind up and get bites - and if there is any truth in teh rumours he hears, its interesting stuff, but because of the way its posted, surely you can agree that it lacks credibilty?

Many have been critical of LR/NC based on speculation - It 'could' well be true - I dont know, and doubt that it is, but even if it is, It could be argued that it was LRs job (I dont have access to his job description ;-) ) and that up until this season it worked fine - but now we need a different approach, happens all the time in the real world as roles evolve based on need, yet some turn into wet fannies about it....

Yes indeed... all I am saying is that its often better to WAIT until you have as much infoirmation as possible before forming an opinion. Turks like a wind up and get bites - and if there is any truth in teh rumours he hears' date=' its interesting stuff, but because of the way its posted, surely you can agree that it lacks credibilty?[/quote']

Personally, I don't think its up to you to tell others that their source of information lacks credibility. Especially if they (wisely) don't tell you who the source is; anyone who does that is betraying their confidance, and won't have a reliable source for too long.

Just because you have a different opinion to others, it doesn't mean that they haven't done the same as you; looked at the information to hand, decided how credible they think it is, and made a decision from that. Your's isnt a better opinion, its just a different one.

Personally, I don't think its up to you to tell others that their source of information lacks credibility. Especially if they (wisely) don't tell you who the source is; anyone who does that is betraying their confidance, and won't have a reliable source for too long.

Just because you have a different opinion to others, it doesn't mean that they haven't done the same as you; looked at the information to hand, decided how credible they think it is, and made a decision from that. Your's isnt a better opinion, its just a different one.

... Calm down Krackers, you are right. BUT, many dont bother to look at all sources, and dont even question those made up as part of a clever if irritating wind up. You have to call it as you see it, fair enough, but I suggest there is still a fair amount of zealot like focus on rumour by thsoe with some axes that require a sharpening.

... Calm down Krackers' date=' you are right. BUT, many dont bother to look at all sources, and dont even question those made up as part of a clever if irritating wind up. You have to call it as you see it, fair enough, but I suggest there is still a fair amount of zealot like focus on rumour by thsoe with some axes that require a sharpening.[/quote']

It's fair to say though that you give more credence to evidence that supports what you hope/want to be true.

Fair point - but dont we all? In mitigation' date=' hoping for the best, rather than assuming the worst, is a more positive perspective?[/quote']

Generally yes. In my case regarding Cortese i want to like him and at first like a lot of people dismissed a lot of what i had heard as bullsh*t or funny, however i've heard so much from so many different people that although i dont want it to be true, i have to accept that some of it, not all, is.

Generally yes. In my case regarding Cortese i want to like him and at first like a lot of people dismissed a lot of what i had heard as bullsh*t or funny, however i've heard so much from so many different people that although i dont want it to be true, i have to accept that some of it, not all, is.

Feck this is wierd... :suspicious: not arguing with turks...

See I dont need to like Cortese, but yes it would be 'nice' if he was universily popular amongst fans , media and ex players etc, simply because it would not be a distraction. I just want him to do his job as best as possible and for me that is reflected in how we progress on the pitch. So all the other stuff about him being mean to the Tea Doris, not letting anyone use his toilet or sacking folk, may not make him nice, but whilst it does not detract from the progress of side, its not on my radar.

The interfering stuff is different, because we do not know what roles were agreed/job descriptions, and whatever they were, it worked the last 2 seasons - not beyond the realms of plausibilty that they needed to evolve and they have done, but its all speculation.

Now, feck off and be an irritating fecker again, as this new Turkish is messing with my brain :scared::o

Feck this is wierd... :suspicious: not arguing with turks...

See I dont need to like Cortese, but yes it would be 'nice' if he was universily popular amongst fans , media and ex players etc, simply because it would not be a distraction. I just want him to do his job as best as possible and for me that is reflected in how we progress on the pitch. So all the other stuff about him being mean to the Tea Doris, not letting anyone use his toilet or sacking folk, may not make him nice, but whilst it does not detract from the progress of side, its not on my radar.

The interfering stuff is different, because we do not know what roles were agreed/job descriptions, and whatever they were, it worked the last 2 seasons - not beyond the realms of plausibilty that they needed to evolve and they have done, but its all speculation.

Now, feck off and be an irritating fecker again, as this new Turkish is messing with my brain :scared::o

I dont even particularly want him to be popular, just treat people with respect and decency. He's doing a fine job of staying out of the way, i'm not a fan of attention seeing chairman.