Guly was fit....

Dazza82

Dont you recall what happened after the WBA game? Adkins has told Cortese to butt out and is doing things his way, this means Guly don't get his 15 minutes, obviously. Just look at the results, 7 points, 6 goals and unbeaten. Round of applause for the Adkins way.

Dont you recall what happened after the WBA game? Adkins has told Cortese to butt out and is doing things his way, this means Guly don't get his 15 minutes, obviously. Just look at the results, 7 points, 6 goals and unbeaten. Round of applause for the Adkins way.

If of course, that is remotely true

Seems an odd sort of contract stipulation if you can opt out of it just by saying you don't want to follow it any more. This is going to be quite the legal precedent. In fact I'd expect to read about this in the newspapers soon if this ground-breaking challenge in employment law has gone through so easily. we're lucky to have your reliable insider knowledge so that we know about this stuff before it's made public knowledge.

It's also a bit worrying for everybody else with a contract though as it may not be worth the paper its printed on if your line manager can just tell the boss to "butt out" and ignore the contract.

Seems an odd sort of contract stipulation if you can opt out of it just by saying you don't want to follow it any more. This is going to be quite the legal precedent. In fact I'd expect to read about this in the newspapers soon if this ground-breaking challenge in employment law has gone through so easily. we're lucky to have your reliable insider knowledge so that we know about this stuff before it's made public knowledge.

It's also a bit worrying for everybody else with a contract though as it may not be worth the paper its printed on if your line manager can just tell the boss to "butt out" and ignore the contract.

Hopefully Cortese will learn not to include these clauses in future then.

Theres clearly no 'contract clause', but the fact that NC signed him clearly indicates that NA was under pressure to play him. I guess NA has realised that if he is going to get sacked, he may as well give it a go "his way", and its working.

I wonder where all these Guly luvvies are now, thought we couldnt live without him?

Theres clearly no 'contract clause', but the fact that NC signed him clearly indicates that NA was under pressure to play him. I guess NA has realised that if he is going to get sacked, he may as well give it a go "his way", and its working.

I wonder where all these Guly luvvies are now, thought we couldnt live without him?

No, you're wrong, Turkish told us repeatedly that this contract clause exists and got quite upset when people shouted him down/sneered at him. I think we can expect either Guly to sue the club or to read about the change in employment contract law soon.

The balance of the team seems to get thrown when Guly plays, wherever he plays. He has his moments and has scored a fair share of goals but it always seems a case of shoe-horning him in. Be good to see Puncheon carry on his current form on the right-hand-side, if he does then Guly will continue to struggle to even get in the matchday squad. 15 minutes lollage.

No, you're wrong, Turkish told us repeatedly that this contract clause exists and got quite upset when people shouted him down/sneered at him. I think we can expect either Guly to sue the club or to read about the change in employment contract law soon.

Don't be silly, he'll be under NDA and we'll settle out of court and tell the court the day before we are due to attend that we won't be bothering to offer a defence.

I dont think i ever suggested he has a clause in his contract, unless it was to wind some of you mugs up about it sub and reel you in. More that he was being forced to be played from above. Either way it's strange that he hasn't featured since 'the chat' apart from a non playing sub yesterday when up until then he's featured in every game when available, apart from when he was being punished for his drink driving.

Well, if it weren't important to you, why would you spend so much of your day talking about it? You must post at least 20 times a day, probably more, and mostly concerning other people's opinions. I would agree that I also spend too much time taking notice of other people's opinions, but considerably less.

Or to put it another way, just Turkish getting it wrong.

YES, Thats exactly what it was!! Does it make you feel happy that someone you dont know on a message board made a claim that a squad player has a clause in his contract that means he has to play 15 minutes every week and this might not have been true?!!

YES, Thats exactly what it was!! Does it make you feel happy that someone you dont know on a message board made a claim that a squad player has a clause in his contract that means he has to play 15 minutes every week and this might not have been true?!!

So you're admitting you just talk a lot of **** on here then and make stuff up to suit your agenda ??!

Actually, I have to admit to enjoying it a bit, can you tell?

Well done to you for backing down though, that deserves respect.

So you're admitting you just talk a lot of **** on here then and make stuff up to suit your agenda ??!

No. On this occasion i said I dont ever remember saying there was a clause in his contract, i think other people said that and i played along, although if i did say it it would just have been a wind up.

On the agenda thread Turkish admitted that his agenda is to wind people up, get some bites and occassionaly talk about football.

Fair play to the lad, he was open about his agenda and now it's easier for all to take his posts for what they are.

it could be that through Guly indescretions, he may have broken club rules which may give cause to level the playing field reference 'clause'?

I think TURKS is right there is something in it. It's like when pardew kept playing joseph mills when he was massively out of his depth.

I hope that the 'interfering' has gone now

I don't think anybody has ever said that.

Why are people so keen to work in absolutes on here? You're either with Cortese or with Adkins, but you can't be with both. You either hate Guly and want him out the club ASAP, or you love him and think he should play ever second of football, but you can't appreciate the fantastic job he did for us in back to back promotions whilst also realising he's not good enough to start for us now.

I don't think anybody has ever said that.

Why are people so keen to work in absolutes on here? You're either with Cortese or with Adkins, but you can't be with both. You either hate Guly and want him out the club ASAP, or you love him and think he should play ever second of football, but you can't appreciate the fantastic job he did for us in back to back promotions whilst also realising he's not good enough to start for us now.

i take your point, but thats just football fans isnt it.

I would disagree on his help on back to back promotions, where was his influence last season.

Listen Guly scored in Div 1, quite a few goals, accepted. However, he failed to live up to that in the C-Ship and now the PL, which sort of suggests where his level is, no?

i take your point, but thats just football fans isnt it.

I would disagree on his help on back to back promotions, where was his influence last season.

Listen Guly scored in Div 1, quite a few goals, accepted. However, he failed to live up to that in the C-Ship and now the PL, which sort of suggests where his level is, no?

He scored 11 goals last year and double figure assists I believe, lets ignore that though as clearly he wasnt good enough.

I dont think i ever suggested he has a clause in his contract, unless it was to wind some of you mugs up about it sub and reel you in. More that he was being forced to be played from above. Either way it's strange that he hasn't featured since 'the chat' apart from a non playing sub yesterday when up until then he's featured in every game when available, apart from when he was being punished for his drink driving.

Looks like you want to be done for liable. If you are not correct on this, you could find yourself in hot water. My take on it is that cork is back, he is fit and guly has been bumped down the pecking order. But that's imo