Guly was fit....

Dazza82

Ahh Turks is alright, we have a special bond, we used to be bestests you know. Im allowed to disagree with him, he is allowed to disagree with me.

We dont e-scrap on here though. Its all about the Krav for us titans of SWF

:?

I don't think you have any idea what this thread is about or what is being said.

:?

I don't think you have any idea what this thread is about or what is being said.

Meh

If you really got your knickers in a twist over Guly supposedly having 15 minute clauses in his contract then I really am sorry for you, I suppose you'll believe that Cortese meddles in team tactics and selection too

:facepalm:

Ahh Turks is alright, we have a special bond, we used to be bestests you know. Im allowed to disagree with him, he is allowed to disagree with me.

We dont e-scrap on here though. Its all about the Krav for us titans of SWF

Used to be? We have that eternal bond and are such great mongboard buddies that even when we don't post on the same thread for ages, when we do it's like we've never stopped. This thread proves it.

Just to be clear, here is what happened. At a recent home game Guly came on with on 75 minutes, I noticed that had happened a few times in the past and when we played West Brom put a thread on the UI, 'will Guly come on with 15 minute to go?' thou and behold bang on 75 minutes, there he was. So I thought that'll be a funny thing to wind up the Mongs on TSW with and see how many bite, I'll pretend I'd been told he had a clause in his contract that was when he was fit he had to play for at least 15 minutes. It was funny watching so many people questioned it and went to great lengths to prove something that was so obviously bulls*it wasn't true. Even now people are going on about it. Anyway, I'm going to be sensible for a while now and only post serious things as I know how upset some of you get.

Just to be clear, here is what happened. At a recent home game Guly came on with on 75 minutes, I noticed that had happened a few times in the past and when we played West Brom put a thread on the UI, 'will Guly come on with 15 minute to go?' thou and behold bang on 75 minutes, there he was. So I thought that'll be a funny thing to wind up the Mongs on TSW with and see how many bite, I'll pretend I'd been told he had a clause in his contract that was when he was fit he had to play for at least 15 minutes. It was funny watching so many people questioned it and went to great lengths to prove something that was so obviously bulls*it wasn't true. Even now people are going on about it. Anyway, I'm going to be sensible for a while now and only post serious things as I know how upset some of you get.

Not upset Turks, confused maybe as to why this amuses you so much - I bite as do others, could we say we are providing a public service to meet your special needs?

Not upset Turks' date=' confused maybe as to why this amuses you so much - I bite as do others, could we say we are providing a public service to meet your special needs?[/quote']

So it wasn't you having drunken rants the other night then?!!

Just had a look at the thread on the UI -and you were peddling the same s**t there. It seems that you do honestly believe it. Or did. Or are you going to claim that was also a wind-up :rolleyes:

Just had a look at the thread on the UI -and you were peddling the same s**t there. It seems that you do honestly believe it. Or did. Or are you going to claim that was also a wind-up :rolleyes:

Yes yes it is! You've got me. It's one of the many true things i have posted on the innnernezzz mongboards and i am now pretending it is a wind up because i care so much what you all think of me and i made myself look silly by claiming that I had managed to find out the contents of a players contract somehow.

Rants yes' date=' Drunken No, maybe a little fuelled by soem of New Zealand's finest, but to old for excess these days... A good rant lets off a bit of steam old boy[/quote']

Do you question something is missing from your life if you find it nessasary to rant on an internet mongboard?

Pardew lost his job because he wouldnt play Guly! Said as much yesterday

On 28 August 2010, Alan Pardew's Saints team won 4-0 at Bristol Rovers and shortly after that Pards was sacked. National press were incredulous at the timing. This forum was alive with theories, including one that Guly had been bought by NC without reference to Pardew. The story continues that Pardew didn't rate him, nor want to play him. NC told Pardew that Guly would play OR ELSE. Pardew brought Guly on with 5 mins of the 90 left (sub for Scheiderlin), Although Saints won 4-0 Pards was unceremonously sacked (for complying with the directive but taking the p*ss) and also, it seems, signed a gagging order as nothing has ever been revealed about the reasons or events leading to his departure.

(apology that this is a re-hacked post from another thread but it does answer the question to some degree, I think....)

Edited by Tony F

Do you question something is missing from your life if you find it nessasary to rant on an internet mongboard?

Nope, perfectly happy, but nice to know you care - letting off the frustrations and stresses of work on the saints web internet 'mongboardTM' (sic) - cleanses the soul and means Mrs FC and sprog dont have an old grumpy stressed out fecker to deal with.

On 28 August 2010, Alan Pardew's Saints team won 4-0 at Bristol Rovers and shortly after that Pards was sacked. National press were incredulous at the timing. This forum was alive with theories, including one that Guly had been bought by NC without reference to Pardew. The story continues that Pardew didn't rate him, nor want to play him. NC told Pardew that Guly would play OR ELSE. Pardew brought Guly on with 5 mins of the 90 left (sub for Scheiderlin), Although Saints won 4-0 Pards was unceremonously sacked (for complying with the directive but taking the p*ss) and also, it seems, signed a gagging order as nothing has ever been revealed about the reasons or events leading to his departure.

(apology that this is a re-hacked post from another thread but it does answer the question to some degree, I think....)

What question does it answer?

Stick to 9/11 conspiracies or somthing lad.

Long, long ago in a place far, far away....

What question does it answer?

The question it tries to answer is the much asked one: "so why WAS Pardew sacked?"

A question that has been aired on this forum numerous times, was widely posed in national press at the time and which raised its head again this week with the return of Pardew to St Mary's with Newcastle.

Strictly speaking, the answer is "no-one knows" but in reality at least 2 people do....... and in the meantime there have been many various guesses and attempt. Mine is just one such; conspiracy theory or not.

HTH

Nigel was "very close" to walking for similar reasons before the 'showdown' talks earlier this month

The question it tries to answer is the much asked one: "so why WAS Pardew sacked?"

A question that has been aired on this forum numerous times, was widely posed in national press at the time and which raised its head again this week with the return of Pardew to St Mary's with Newcastle.

Strictly speaking, the answer is "no-one knows" but in reality at least 2 people do....... and in the meantime there have been many various guesses and attempt. Mine is just one such; conspiracy theory or not.

HTH

So the reality is that it doesn't answer "the question" to any degree?

HTH

So the reality is that it doesn't answer "the question" to any degree?

Sorry if you don't see it.........and observing the warning in your user name.......... but I think its as plausable an answer as any.

And Glasgow Saints recent post points to a suggestion that there may be (may be, not IS) ongoing smoke from this particular pile of sticks. And if that indicates a fire which Mr Adkins has recently stamped on and extinguished - then good for him (and probably the club).

Sorry if you don't see it.........and observing the warning in your user name.......... but I think its as plausable an answer as any.

And Glasgow Saints recent post points to a suggestion that there may be (may be, not IS) ongoing smoke from this particular pile of sticks. And if that indicates a fire which Mr Adkins has recently stamped on and extinguished - then good for him (and probably the club).

If you're relying on a post from Glasgow Saint to add weight to your argument, it's pretty thin to say the least.

(no offence Glasgow)

Thanks Turkish - so does that mean that if you, Glasgow and me see the possibility of this theory having some modicum of truth, I no longer need to submit the paperwork of self-referral to the asylum?

In a court you need at least two witnesses to attend to testify, based on what i've heard and your statement, you can count on me to be one of them.

... and you believe Nige was happy to work in such an environment and accept these decisions?....

A different take is that whatever 'interference' comes form upstairs whether there is truth in it or not, ultimately its all about whether we progress or not. Does the set up, whatever it is, allow the club to succeed on the pitch? Two promotions, heavy investmnet in both players and infrastructure would seem to suggest something is working - Sure we may have 100 different opinions on what the policy SHOULD be, Sure we can all point to what are in our HOs mistakes made, but the proof is always in the pudding - does it work?

I was once, perhaps rightly, criticised for using a defence for Lowe, that it mattered not that there was logic in the strategy or approach, but if it did not work, it was pointless - now some seem to be saying the opposite, that the approach and strategy are more imporatnt than the evidence of the success we have had/having... some want it both ways as it enables a criticism of thsoe in charge no matter what... strange.

Thanks Turkish - so does that mean that if you, Glasgow and me see the possibility of this theory having some modicum of truth, I no longer need to submit the paperwork of self-referral to the asylum?

Turkish has admitted making up Guly stories on this very thread and Glasgow Saint hasn't made a serious post on this forum I doubt ever. I'd recruit a new crew if I were you.

... and you believe Nige was happy to work in such an environment and accept these decisions?....

No I absolutely don't think that Nigel would have been happy with this as his start point for a managerial career but I think it's fair to say that, on Day One, he did not know about these things.

However over time he has found out, and initially was struggling to keep the boss happy without entering into a direct conflict - but sometime after the "we play 4-3-3" quote on TV (was it after the West Brom match?), he felt he had no choice but to face up to the man, tell him he'll do things his way and be judged accordingly, and since then the team has progressed in a manner that pleases us all.

Which is why I feel it is significant that "the ghost of Bristol Rovers away" may finally have been exorcised. If Nigel can keep our newly-found run of form going, we stay up this season and move on from a firm foundation, it will be something he just may be able to look back on as a major turning point in both his career and the club's fortune.

And also keep his bed free of horses heads ......