Booing of Guly

Wiggles31

I dont understand the Guly bashers, I think he is technically a very good player. Keeps the ball well (a lot better than Golden boy Ramirez) and has had a good run of decent performances. Tracks back well and doubles up well with Shaw on the left.

My mate is completely anti Guly & claims that he had a very poor game v Everton. I honestly dont know what game he was watching !!

I dont understand the Guly bashers, I think he is technically a very good player. Keeps the ball well (a lot better than Golden boy Ramirez) and has had a good run of decent performances. Tracks back well and doubles up well with Shaw on the left.

My mate is completely anti Guly & claims that he had a very poor game v Everton. I honestly dont know what game he was watching !!

Some people just don't like him, its been going on years sadly.

I think it's all down to the way he runs (no joke here) he doesn't sprint like his life depends on it with everything in full motion (ala Barnard, De Ridder, Punch and so on) his running style seems to be about speed to energy levels ratio to ensure he is effective all the game. Apparently though this makes him the no.1 target as soon as hes in the "not tracking back or trying enough" category when we aren't winning. Depressing how much people forget about a player just to have someone to hate (and still don't give off at De Ridder who is just talentless to a new level).

Edited by pingwing

There are very few excusable reasons for booing a player, IMO. If somebody is picked for the team, plays to the best of their ability - however great or otherwise that may be - they deserve support. If they aren't very good, they don't deserve to be boo'd as they didn't pick themselves.

Guly is a decent, unspectacular squad player. He puts in a good shift, works hard, runs endlessly, sometimes makes things happen, sometimes doesn't. Like any player, he makes mistakes, he does things wrong, but most level-headed people can see than even when he makes a mistake, he chases and hustles to make up for it. You can't ask for more.

Let him learn to walk before we make him run!? He's had one good game in over 14 months, leys just give him more time

Just goes to show that you have not watched him at all, but just jump on the bandwagon. Guly nearly always puts a lot of effort in, but his languid running style belies this. He is not the greatest ever player but usually does as he is asked, and puts in a good shift. Badly needs a goal though, it is beginning to be a monkey on his back.

I think that a lot of the frustration is that we have seen a lot of poor first touch (resulting in lost ball) or poorly placed passing (ditto effect) from Guly this season.

Against Everton he seemed to be resolving those two issues and - as a bonus - his work rate seemed to be that much higher (new manager factor??)

I was happy to chant his name and applaud him when he was subbed. It has not always been like that.

You (or in this case Guly) reap what you sow.

Edited by Tony F
wrong sow/sew