Booing of Guly

Wiggles31

The outpouring of outrage on here is comical...it as if no other player has ever been boo'ed at a Saints game.

Its nothing new...I remember going back to Melia at the Dell, the completely useless Lew Chatterley...Benali was boo'ed.

Every club has fans that boo their players.

I was more ****ed off with all the numpties leaving with 8 minutes left...FFS why?

PS

I didn't boo but thought it was the wrong choice at the time as it took away all our pace up front but Guly put in a good shift.

I think some of it was because some still remember him coming on against Man Utd and Fulham that had some impact not excusing but a factor IMO

The outpouring of outrage on here is comical...it as if no other player has ever been boo'ed at a Saints game.

Its nothing new...I remember going back to Melia at the Dell, the completely useless Lew Chatterley...Benali was boo'ed.

Every club has fans that boo their players.

I was more ****ed off with all the numpties leaving with 8 minutes left...FFS why?

PS

I didn't boo but thought it was the wrong choice at the time as it took away all our pace up front but Guly put in a good shift.

I think some of it was because some still remember him coming on against Man Utd and Fulham that had some impact not excusing but a factor IMO

The booing of players for playing sh!t during a game is one thing but booing them before they've actually got on the pitch is unforgivable IMO.

Daleks 17th campaign had a good little run last year but his yoyo strategy one for this season hasn't really taken off.

He has managed to get people arguing about Hoddle again though.

Top wummery

Aye, I’m no longer sure whether we’re indulging the little tinker’s wummery or searching for his lost marbles. Wasting our time either way, I suppose.

I think there has been an exaggeration at the level of booing brought about perhaps by a tv mike in the wrong place. I am on the edge of the Northam and although there were a few groans and muttering when he appeared on the touchline they were drowned by the subsequent chant for his name. No Saints player should be booed before hand - at the final whistle maybe if it is deserved.

I agree with this, this is how it seemed from Kingsland North as well.

The booing of players for playing sh!t during a game is one thing but booing them before they've actually got on the pitch is unforgivable IMO.

Agreed but as I said I think there were mitigating factors ......I spent the whole of last season sticking up for him to the two in front of me.

Guly is talented but he does not do himself any favours some weeks

agree...I was busting for a pee and went when there was a break in play on 85(ish) mins as I was about to burst.

some smart arse huffed at me saying i was an idiot for leaving early...I pointed out that I was not and if he prefered, I would just pee on him instead of going down to the loo

however, those that actually leave when a big game was there to be won...is odd

agree...I was busting for a pee and went when there was a break in play on 85(ish) mins as I was about to burst.

some smart arse huffed at me saying i was an idiot for leaving early...I pointed out that I was not and if he prefered, I would just pee on him instead of going down to the loo

however, those that actually leave when a big game was there to be won...is odd

Our group moved seats to save us £600 we have moved down to row W...it does my head in....late coming in, leaving 10 minutes before half time but the worst is the early leavers....why?

You miss all the extra time and nerve jangling and the relief at the final whistle and for me the appreciation of the players efforts.

Do we win that many Prem games it doesnt matter any more?

You miss all the extra time and nerve jangling and the relief at the final whistle and for me the appreciation of the players efforts.

The kids running down injury time on the phones stopwatch and the joy of the final whistle in a tight game is as much fun as celebrating a goal for me. Probably need to get out more.

It's all very well talking about it on here but the booing must come from somewhere. If you sit near someone that boos him do something about it, stop talking about how terrible it is from behind your keyboards. I can tell you no on near me boos Him. I'd they did they'd get ironed out.

Well said Turkish. I missed the reading game and this thread is the first I've heard of the evet. However its is a disgrace to boo guly before he has even set foot on the pitch. Mongtard fans. It may though ha e the effect to galvanise the fans in his favour. I willalso be telling anyone who does it to shut up in the future. And I agree with your comments about keyboard crusaders who do nothing when it really matters. If people love saints as much as they seem/claim to to then they have a role in maintaing the club for other people. And that means stamping down on retard pompey fan wannabes amongst our fan base.

Also, I agree with chez in saying that guly has often looked allright when he's come on and was actually one of our better players against west ham. I think he can do well at this level... But unfotunatley he is a confidence player and situations like this will not help him.

Support the saints. They've taken us from the foot of league 1 to 15th in the land and certainly deserve better than a booing. If you can't give the guy who scored 10 goals to get us back to the prem then seriously.. **** off?

I jsut don't understand the hate for Guly. He's nowhere near as bad as some of our fans make out. He rarely lets us down, and played a key part in our promotions. His Bristol Rovers (h) performance stands out hugely to me. Like Chris says, you don't have to like him, but atleast appreciate the part he has played and the part he is currently playing.

I jsut don't understand the hate for Guly. He's nowhere near as bad as some of our fans make out. He rarely lets us down, and played a key part in our promotions. His Bristol Rovers (h) performance stands out hugely to me. Like Chris says, you don't have to like him, but atleast appreciate the part he has played and the part he is currently playing.

Guly plays in a style that the majority of English fans can't comprehend. Now if he rushed about like a blue assed fly and put in

some RSH tackles like Chaplow he'd be the fan's favourite.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Thing is he works very hard and closes down very well, just he doesn't put in rash challenges. You're probably right in that if he picked up a few yellow cards for horror sliding tackles, he'd probably be liked a bit more. But because he channels and shadows the player, peoplem call him lazy, ludicris.

Thing is he works very hard and closes down very well, just he doesn't put in rash challenges. You're probably right in that if he picked up a few yellow cards for horror sliding tackles, he'd probably be liked a bit more. But because he channels and shadows the player, peoplem call him lazy, ludicris.

or, if he scored a goal

He's barely played ?! Harsh. I'd be interested to see how many assists he's got in that time. At the end of the day, he's not a striker is he. Ok yes he probably should have scored a couple more, but when he's not in the team consistently playing in the same position, it's tough on him.

if he is not a striker...what is he...where does he play..

I see him as a 'no 10', or he'll do a job on either wing the way we play with narrow wide men.

he is nowhere good enough for the premier league...hence why he is now not a starter for a team 3rd favourite for relegation..

I was told he would star in the prem as he would get more space...

no goals in 2012 for a very forward player...is very poor...no matter how you try to slice it

he is nowhere good enough for the premier league...hence why he is now not a starter for a team 3rd favourite for relegation..

no goals in 2012 for a very forward player...is very poor...no matter how you try to slice it

principal problem with Guly is that we're using him as an odd job man wherever necessary; Needs a fixed role. Anyway I don't doubt that we're witnessing his last weeks at the club, back to Brazil very soon I suspect.

No, I agree he isn't good enough to be a 'starter' in the Premiership. But why does that make it alright to basically get treated like sh!t because he comes on and actually does a very good job when he has come on as sub?!

No, I agree he isn't good enough to be a 'starter' in the Premiership. But why does that make it alright to basically get treated like sh!t because he comes on and actually does a very good job when he has come on as sub?!

he does not get treated like crap...he gets a handful of people groaning when he comes on.

im sure when he gets paid every month...he is non too bothered...

In answer to some posters, the reason why the hoddle issue keeps coming up, is it is crucial to understanding the clubs recent history. in particular, 2004 was the point that the club began its rapid decline and lost its proud run in the top league.

It is also a cruciaol episode because the appointment of Hoddle was almost a foregone conclusion before the board was sppoked by a vocal minority. Therefore this group had part responsibility to the near destruction of the club.

The issue in 2004 that is still unexplained was the bizzare decision to appoint Paul Sturrock that almost certainly condemned SFC. Did Lowe do this because he was annoyed at the board and the vocal minority as a tactic to prove that he was right to want to appoint the more capable Hoddle ? There is alos the issue of the players, who clearly expected a more capable manager than Sturrock.

Was the above proof that the Hoddle deal was scuppered at the last moment.

These question all need answering imo.

In answer to some posters, the reason why the hoddle issue keeps coming up, is it is crucial to understanding the clubs recent history. in particular, 2004 was the point that the club began its rapid decline and lost its proud run in the top league.

It is also a cruciaol episode because the appointment of Hoddle was almost a foregone conclusion before the board was sppoked by a vocal minority. Therefore this group had part responsibility to the near destruction of the club.

The issue in 2004 that is still unexplained was the bizzare decision to appoint Paul Sturrock that almost certainly condemned SFC. Did Lowe do this because he was annoyed at the board and the vocal minority as a tactic to prove that he was right to want to appoint the more capable Hoddle ? There is alos the issue of the players, who clearly expected a more capable manager than Sturrock.

Was the above proof that the Hoddle deal was scuppered at the last moment.

These question all need answering imo.

That's amazing! Why haven't you mentioned this before?

That's amazing! Why haven't you mentioned this before?

Scoff all you like, I have had my fair share of kicks and ridicule in the last 10 years but I am a torchbearer and one day people will appreciate my campaign to keep the search for answers burning so bright.

There are sone fans who are so embarassed by their stance against Hoddle in 2004 and ashamed of thei part in SFC's downfall that they want the episode conveniently forgotten.

I must be a big thorn in their side !

Well you can't score from the bench, I'd have thought that was fairly obvious. He's barely played in the Prem and when called upon it has generally been to see out a game - also a situation unlikely to invoke goals. It's also easy to forget that despite his lean spell towards the end of last season he continued to provide vital assists and still ended up our 3rd top scorer. He probably isn't good enough for this league, but he'll do a job when asked to and certainly doesn't deserve the sh*t he receives.

Scoff all you like, I have had my fair share of kicks and ridicule in the last 10 years but I am a torchbearer and one day people will appreciate my campaign to keep the search for answers burning so bright.

There are sone fans who are so embarassed by their stance against Hoddle in 2004 and ashamed of thei part in SFC's downfall that they want the episode conveniently forgotten.

I think maybe you're being knocked because you've stated your own opinions as if they were gospel fact.

Sturrock actually had a good record before coming to us and Hoddle, good tactician or not, may not have been accepted by the fans, players etc. Perhaps it was felt we wanted somebody who would build the club without wanting to jump ship at the next oppurtunity? (Similar situation to Pardew and Adkins, Pardew allegedly had us down as a road to better things will NA wanted to take us onto these better things "together as one").

But heck it's a sport of opinions, this is an open forum, and you're more then entitled to yours though i'd suggest you shouldn't be so surprised a pro hoddle rhetoric is not all that popular ;)

It has to be said that you do come over as a bit of a pr ick on the subject...not a general observation on your postings but dead horses really should not be flogged.

• 1 month later...

I have an idiot who sits behind me who slags Guly off just for being Guly. Wrong on so many levels. I enjoy watching him play, he has many positive aspects to his game, loads of skill, covers a lot of ground, quick thinking. Guly has contributed much more this season than a lot of squad members, he has proved he can play at this level. He may or may not be around next season but we are better for having had him play for us.

And he can tackle well: he robbed Fellani in the Everton match without fouling him; not many have done that recently. All he needs is a goal and his performance could well improve no end. Not many defenders can knock him off the ball (despite that happening once against Everton). He tracks back covering the opposing full-back better than anyone else we've got and he has carried out NA's and MP's orders to the letter: his surging runs against Everton were something we've not seen since last season. He certainly does not deserve the slating he gets from certain so-called fans. Without him we wouldn't be where we are now. In value-for-money terms, one of our best buys.

I have an idiot who sits behind me who slags Guly off just for being Guly. Wrong on so many levels. I enjoy watching him play, he has many positive aspects to his game, loads of skill, covers a lot of ground, quick thinking. Guly has contributed much more this season than a lot of squad members, he has proved he can play at this level. He may or may not be around next season but we are better for having had him play for us.

My theory is that for some Guly-bashing is a way of getting at Nick Nack and the direction the club's going in. Im not saying all those who knock Guly have issues with the chairman; or that all those who have issues with the chairman knock Guly. But a fair few do -and Guly is seen as Cortese's representative on earth and gets undue flack for that.

My theory is that for some Guly-bashing is a way of getting at Nick Nack and the direction the club's going in. Im not saying all those who knock Guly have issues with the chairman; or that all those who have issues with the chairman knock Guly. But a fair few do -and Guly is seen as Cortese's representative on earth and gets undue flack for that.
Not seen that at all. Most I know have an "anti-NC2 slant and are completely supportive of Guly.

Not seen that at all. Most I know have an "anti-NC2 slant and are completely supportive of Guly.

Not saying everyone but a few people I sit around still think Guly helped get Pardew the sack and that Guly is played because of some 'special relationship' -and is the clearest reflection of Nick Nack's meddling in the team.

Not saying everyone but a few people I sit around still think Guly helped get Pardew the sack and that Guly is played because of some 'special relationship' -and is the clearest reflection of Nick Nack's meddling in the team.
Ha, fair enough, takes all sorts I guess!

Let him learn to walk before we make him run!? He's had one good game in over 14 months, leys just give him more time

Perhaps you haven't been watching the last couple of months, but he's been one of our best players. One good game in 14 months? Go have a lie down.