Booing of Guly

Wiggles31

My 5 year old boy asked me why everyone was booing a Saints player. I really couldn't explain to a boy who idolises all things all things Southampton that we have a bunch of bellends who turn on their own.

The booing was quickly drowned out by 'Guly Del Prado' chants, emanating from the Northam.

thought Guly did well when he came on for Jrod who had put in a great shift, still that won't matter to those who write the bloke off every week.

Had a major disagreement with a guy who booed him off the pitch, he wanted to sort me out (a pensioner) outside. I'm not a Guly lover but if NA decided to bring him on then I support him. Booing our own before he steps on the pitch was a disgrace and NA and AC clearly were upset by it, well done to the Northam for singing his name.

I think some of our fans were deeply affected by our relegation to League 1 and now settle for mediocrity and being 2nd best

nobody booed Guly - they booed the decision to bring him on!!!

Have you literally got nothing better to do than to come on here and talk shît?

Guly did very well when he came on, he looked lively, made some good runs with the ball, passed it around nicely on the left and stretched their centre backs. He did his job, and as Saints fans we need to do our job and get behind the players that pull on the Saints shirt.

He hasn't actually been bad this season, he was great against Man City and probably our best player against West Ham. I literally have no idea why people seem to dislike him so much.

Guly did very well when he came on, he looked lively, made some good runs with the ball, passed it around nicely on the left and stretched their centre backs. He did his job, and as Saints fans we need to do our job and get behind the players that pull on the Saints shirt.

He hasn't actually been bad this season, he was great against Man City and probably our best player against West Ham. I literally have no idea why people seem to dislike him so much.

This forum is about opinions, would you like everyone to agree with you? Would be really boring no?

We have different views - on Guly the are very different. I thought he was average vs Man City and one of our worst players vs West Ham

Thats my opinion

100% agree

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

It's the vocal minority, the same ones who kicked up over Hoddle's return in 2004.

Then when the club struggles they point the fingers at anyone but themselves.

What saddens me is the sheep that follow. Plenty of them in 2004 but they won't admit to nearly destroying the club.

I think Guly also needs to take a look at himself, hes been poor for a very long time!

lackluster performances + no goals in 28 games....... Fans pay there money and are entitled to boo if they so choose imho

Which is why I am glad you never go to a game. People who boo, with no justification, should f**k off and support someone else, a point forcefully made to someone sat near me in the ground today.

Which is why I am glad you never go to a game. People who boo, with no justification, should f**k off and support someone else, a point forcefully made to someone sat near me in the ground today.

They won't be happy until they bring the club to its knees again.

It's the vocal minority, the same ones who kicked up over Hoddle's return in 2004.

Then when the club struggles they point the fingers at anyone but themselves.

What saddens me is the sheep that follow. Plenty of them in 2004 but they won't admit to nearly destroying the club.

bloody hell, is there a subject you can't bring GH into? The man does not deserve to have any job,let alone at our club. I was fervently against him and still am. I don't regret being against him.

y and one of our worst players vs West Ham

Thats my opinion

and everyone is entitled to one, but with that comment my opinion is that yours is worthless when it comes to Guly. Davis apart, he was our best player that day, so you quite clearly so blinded by your hatred that it is effecting your judgement.

and everyone is entitled to one, but with that comment my opinion is that yours is worthless when it comes to Guly. Davis apart, he was our best player that day, so you quite clearly so blinded by your hatred that it is effecting your judgement.

You might be right here - not hatred but i dont rate him at all so could be blinded sometimes

There you go, put him on the list.
the man walked out on the club at a crucial time, he never apologised for his arrogance and as for his comments on people with disabilities it was shameful. The moral high ground was with the people against him, as they had the fibre to see the good from the bad. RL chose a bad alternative, GH was not the only man around who could do a good job,

You might be right here - not hatred but i dont rate him at all so could be blinded sometimes

fair enough. We've improved the first team so he's a squad player now so you won't have to suffer as often. If he is playing it's because we need him, so just get behind him when that times comes and perhaps he'll make a crucial difference in a game that keeps us up. I am not sure why I am defending him. Drink drivers like him should be hung drawn and quartered in my book.

The booing was awful. Well done to the fans who tried to get behind him. What possible good could booing him do? I don't rate him but would never boo anyone wearing the shirt. And he did well today. I would have loved his effort to have gone in the top corner.

I think some of our fans were deeply affected by our relegation to League 1 and now settle for mediocrity and being 2nd best

nobody booed Guly - they booed the decision to bring him on!!!

I guess you were not at the game. Some meatheads were booing Guly long after he came on today. There is no justification for booing a player when he comes on, all this "fans pay their money so they are entitled to boo players" is bull****. No-one is entitled to be a moron. Booing a performance after the event can be fair game. But booing a player and directing some of the venomous comments at him when he comes on the pitch is just plain unacceptable. It rubs off on some of the kids and really is very annoying when it is not justified. I heard some kids sat behind me mocking him, saying "I saw Guly actually running" or words to that effect - just shows that youngsters pick up rubbish from some of our moronic so-called supporters, and start to believe things that are so stupid - anyone who watches Guly will know that the guy actually nearly always puts in a good shift, running is definitely not one of his shortcomings. I for one really enjoyed his cameo today, really brightened up what was otherwise quite a dull game.

You do know there are other managers that exist. Your obsession with Hoddle is quite worrying sometimes. Have you ever stopped to consider that actually Hoddle is not very good, as he has demonstrated by not being a manager now for several years. Hoddle's success was based on a working partnership with John Gorman. Take JG out of the equation and Hoddle is poor (likewise JG without GH is poor as well). It was a very good thing that Hoddle did not return in 2004, it would have been a disaster. He also showed himself to be a thoroughly dislikeable person through his lack of respect and his comments about disabled people (and other things he spouted off about). Nasty piece of work, hopefully we will never see him again connected with Saints. But please carry on with your obsession, it is often entertaining.

I'd like to say it was a minority, but it wasn't, and hasn't been since it started earlier in the season.

He might not be an amazingly consistent player, but he does have clear quality, and is a useful squad player. The booing is beyond me. I just can't comprehend it. You're meant to be supporters of Southampton FC. Not much supporting going on when you abuse one of our own.

It's all very well talking about it on here but the booing must come from somewhere. If you sit near someone that boos him do something about it, stop talking about how terrible it is from behind your keyboards. I can tell you no on near me boos Him. I'd they did they'd get ironed out.

It's all very well talking about it on here but the booing must come from somewhere. If you sit near someone that boos him do something about it, stop talking about how terrible it is from behind your keyboards. I can tell you no on near me boos Him. I'd they did they'd get ironed out.

Is that the no singing, no wigs, stand-to-attention whilst wearing black section of St Mary's?

the man walked out on the club at a crucial time, he never apologised for his arrogance and as for his comments on people with disabilities it was shameful. The moral high ground was with the people against him, as they had the fibre to see the good from the bad. RL chose a bad alternative, GH was not the only man around who could do a good job,

Luggy wasn't bad by any means. 1.23 points per game in his short time here, more than good enough to stay up. RL's mistake was forcing Luggy out and replacing him with that wanker Wigley.

he's played well on every occasion he has played in the Premiership. He was very good at West Ham and in the short cameo's as sub he has been good. SO this concept of him being poor for as very long time is a complete and utter load of ********.

This

Also the attitude that you've paid your money therefore are entitled to boo makes you a customer not a supporter...and not a very bright one at that!

Well he didn't put a foot wrong today which makes the reaction beforehand even more bizarre and embarrassing.

Some of the morons that booed Guly were soon chanting his name when he pulled off a deft bit of interplay minutes later. It's difficult because some are blinded by idiocy (thus the "oh look, he's running!" sort of comments) whereas others are ruthlessly fickle. No excuse either way though - booing a player as he comes on (or the decision to bring him on, there's little distinction) is a disgrace.

Was glad to be part of the majority that took the initiative and loudly chanted his name in response.

I neither rate nor boo Guly, but for my money a poor substitution by the manager. If we really needed to change it at that stage I would had had Lambert off (having a very average game by his standards) instead of the rather impressive Rodriguez, and brought Mayuka on perhaps.

Guly wasn't too terrible to be honest, and almost lobbed one in from distance, but he missed a sitter (that Lee Barnard or Billy Sharp would have gobbled up) that would have made the last ten a hell of a lot more comfortable than they were. Hey we won the game so it doesn't matter now.

But on another day ........

Yes, Guly did miss a chance, but I think you'll find that Rodriguez also missed a couple of equally good ones in the first half, and he didn't even get his efforts on target.

It seems that people are all too quick to criticise Guly, but conveniently forget the mistakes of more "fashionable" players.

Guly's link up play and touch was excellent when he came on, and he totally justified Adkins decision to bring him on in my opinion.

Not having a go at Rodriguez by the way, who I thought had a good game, but should have had at least one goal with the chances he had, and was tiring towards the end.

Well he didn't put a foot wrong today which makes the reaction beforehand even more bizarre and embarrassing.

Some of the morons that booed Guly were soon chanting his name when he pulled off a deft bit of interplay minutes later. It's difficult because some are blinded by idiocy (thus the "oh look, he's running!" sort of comments) whereas others are ruthlessly fickle. No excuse either way though - booing a player as he comes on (or the decision to bring him on, there's little distinction) is a disgrace.

Was glad to be part of the majority that took the initiative and loudly chanted his name in response.

It’s amazing how clueless, fickle and sheep-like some fans are isn’t it. There were a load behind me all criticising him when he came on and singing that if he scored they’d go on the pitch, then when he had a shot and almost did score, the same people started signing his name.