Booing of Guly

Wiggles31

Agreed, total idiots who boo him. He actually was very good when he came on. Probably should have scored but alos created other good. hances and almost scored a worldie. Some of the cretins who boo him should take a look at themselves and ask whether they are really Sints supporters.

Agreed, total idiots who boo him. He actually was very good when he came on. Probably should have scored but alos created other good. hances and almost scored a worldie. Some of the cretins who boo him should take a look at themselves and ask whether they are really Sints supporters.

I think Guly also needs to take a look at himself, hes been poor for a very long time!

lackluster performances + no goals in 28 games....... Fans pay there money and are entitled to boo if they so choose imho

Did ok, but should have scored!

Yes but it was his good play and skill that made the chance in the first place by winning the ball and turning the play round.

people may have views on his relative contribution to the team but there is absolutely no reason or indeed benefit in booing a saints player who contributed greatly to getting us here in the first place.

Fans, of course, CAN boo. But I dont think they should and what does it say about us and, frankly, the rest of the squad? Back the players on the pitch through good times and bad, all the is Guly good enough aside.

Lots of fans do it! We are not unique or the worst

United fans boo Nani almost non stop

Arsenal fans boo the whole team

Scotland fans were booing Ian Black against Australia

Wouldn't it be nice to be unique in that we back our players regardless of their form or our preferences...?

..... Fans pay there money and are entitled to boo if they so choose imho

Watched the Live Stream.

The TV cameras moved onto Nigel Adkins just as the knobs booed Gully coming onto the pitch.

Nigels reaction spoke a thousands words against the knobs who booed. You lot must all surely be proud of paying your money and choosing to boo a player before he has even kicked a fecking ball.

some people say the Boos were muted. Trust me the TV picked it up clearly and Nigel Adkins reaction showed he heard it clearly too!

Jeez!

It was only a knuckle dragging minority and anyway the Guly song was sung a couple times.Thought he was good when he came on.Nearly scored forcrissakes.

May have been a minority but came across very clearly on TV. Booing one of our own before he sets foot on the field is inexcusable.

It's become fashionable for people to slate Guly it seems. He's never been an incredible player, but he never wanders around and doesn't try. He always tries and he's an erratic player. When Guly had that chance which drew a good save from the keeper, the two guys sat next to me in the Kingsland/Northam corner were shouting stuff like '**** of Guly you useless piece of ****' absolutely no need thought be did well when he came on, and also think he's done pretty well in all the games where he has come on this season. He's really not that bad at all and is a decent alternative to our other players.

Watched it on a stream, when Guly was about to come on the camera panned over to Adkins and his reaction to the booing said a lot........he appeared to close his eyes and dropped his head as though to say wtf.

Not sure if you can lip read? If you can watch it back......

Nigel clearly says "sorry not my fault, its in his contract" he then temporarily joined in the boing

so bleeding what!

I cant understand people trying to defend it!

I dont care what other teams fans do!

We are Southampton and we should not be resorting to this type of behaviour.

we are above that that type of stupidity.

Jeez!

At the risk of sounding like I'm mimicking the Jonathan Forte thread, Guly was a key player during our rise up the leagues, and I genuinely believe that his goal against Bristol Rovers towards the end of our league 1 season is one of the most important goals in Saints recent history.

We all know how mych Nige loves positivity, and I'm with him on that. If Guly gets booed every appearance he makes, his confidence will take a hit. I wouldn't blame him if his shoulders dropped and that kind of attitude is easily rubbed off onto other players. He may, or may not, be Premier League standard, but he's part of the team and deserves a bit of support. Was glad to hear the pro-Guly chants drown out the anti ones, buts it's ridiculous that that was even needed....

Just remember he's part of the unit that got us from the bottom of League 1 to 15th in the Premiership.

Im not his biggest fan but he came on done well, fans are allowed to boo, but i wait untill he messes up, however he gave me no reason to today, hes not good enough to make are team much this season, for me this game was calling out for Mayuka to come on but NA doesn't seem to rate him so i would personally bring back Billy Sharp if guly is our 3rd choice striker, only because we need a finisher and proven goal scorer and guly is not either of them.

Sat in the quiet corner today (Itchen/chapel) and saw some great interplay between Guly, Ramirez and Luke Shaw on the left. All three have a great first touch, excellent vision and understanding. Guly will be fine in the Prem, it suits his style much better than did the Championship, where frankly he did struggle to impose himself.

I neither rate nor boo Guly, but for my money a poor substitution by the manager. If we really needed to change it at that stage I would had had Lambert off (having a very average game by his standards) instead of the rather impressive Rodriguez, and brought Mayuka on perhaps.

Guly wasn't too terrible to be honest, and almost lobbed one in from distance, but he missed a sitter (that Lee Barnard or Billy Sharp would have gobbled up) that would have made the last ten a hell of a lot more comfortable than they were. Hey we won the game so it doesn't matter now.

But on another day ........

Im not sure, i think people have just simply lost patience! As i said hes been very very poor for too long.

No goals in 28 + little passion or effort does not win you fans

Works both ways

he's played well on every occasion he has played in the Premiership. He was very good at West Ham and in the short cameo's as sub he has been good. SO this concept of him being poor for as very long time is a complete and utter load of ********.

I could just about tolerate booing a player if (for example) he let it be known he wanted to leave, or was obviously not putting in the effort.

Guly works his nads off - it doesn't always come off, butit's not through lack of trying!

If you really want to undermine the team/individuals then fine; go ahead and boo one of our own who is brought on with a few mins to go whilst holding on to a tense 1- nil lead.

Don't underestimate how the booing affects players/team - just ask any ex-player. So if you're happy to contribute negatively towards the 'goal' then crack on muppets.

he's played well on every occasion he has played in the Premiership. He was very good at West Ham and in the short cameo's as sub he has been good. SO this concept of him being poor for as very long time is a complete and utter load of ********.

You can't be serious with that post?

Anyone ever thought why he gets boo'ed?

Because a lot of fans are thick and don't see the positives some players bring. You only have to read on here how badly KD is treated by 'the intelligentsia ' on here to see what morons a lot of fans are. I still think it is shameful how Fuller was treated. By our fans ' F off Fuller'. Sung by our fans, all because he only cost 90k from Pompey

It was a disgrace. Glad the Northam got behind him which was acknowledged by Fonte who turned round and applauded them. Go and Boo P~~~~~mth, not a Saints player FFS

Agree and you normally find its the same old posters sagging our players.I thought he looked good on the pitch today.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Im not sure, i think people have just simply lost patience! As i said hes been very very poor for too long.

No goals in 28 + little passion or effort does not win you fans

Works both ways

That's fair comment Glasgow. We were just amazed that he actually made a contribution today....However, he does stroll about most of the time and needs to inject more energy and movement to his game to win fans over, this part of his game is a long way short of a first team regular spot...

You can't be serious with that post?

yes. That's my opinion. I'm not his biggest fan, he is very inconsistent, but this season he has done nothing wrong. I was impressed with his display at West Ham.

He's had a few poor games for sure, but it's the bottled header at Fratton Park that seems to have sealed his fate in most fans minds. Even if he'd gone for it he'd of never got there.

Try judging him on a game by game basis rather than prejudging him based on your preconceived opinion.

Fans that boo him are idiots. Booing Puncheon didn't turn his performances round.

Im not sure anyone is actually booing Guly........ I think people are just simply booing the decision to bring him on!

shows what complete and utter ****s they are then as he has done well when coming on this season.