White AWAY kit - FA Cup HOME kit

Saint Garrett

Basically, I want the sash back next season! That kit was fantastic, as was last years championship home + away. Why have we ****ed around with this seasons **** designs? Its not complicated. Give us a kit with a diagonal stripe(s) and a yellow and blue away strip. The end. Failing that give us or traditional red and white vertically striped shirt. And let us buy our 3rd (i mean away) kit u mongtard merchandising people. ****ers.

What a horrible, horrible decision by the club to do this. Money-grabbing plastic club lower league style desperation at it's very worst.

Not satisfied with trying to make us look like Liverpool in the League, we've now gone for a Spurs-like all white in the cup.

And why ? Because firstly they've designed an all-red aberration of a home kit, then compounded the mistake by trying to market the home/away as "stripes overall" by designing a complementary away kit which rarely gets used and is therefore almost pointless. To make that worse, they've now tried to cover themselves by shoehorning it into a home fixture in a desperate move to try and shift some stock.

It is utter incompetence. The last time I heard about something like this it involved a Goldie Lookin Chain sponsored Newport County limited edition kit, the now-defunct FAW Premier Cup (they drew Carmarthen away, who also play in amber), and begging the Conference South for special permission to wear it in a league game instead.

That is precisely the level you'd expect this debacle to play out at, it is utterly non-League.

In fact, we've had a blue away kit almost as much as we've had a yellow one.

If you ignore the little matter of not having a record of our change kit for the first 85 years of our 127 year existence.

FWIW we played in white shirts and navy shorts and socks in the 1902 FA Cup Final when we changed due to a clash with Sheffield United. No shirt clash in 1900 against Bury.

Edited by The9

The yellow away kit is boring as hell, been done to death over the years.

Black, Pink, Light Blue, Green or Maroon would be much better choices for me personally.

We'll have 3 kits if we're still in the Prem, I'd be surprised if they weren't H) striped A/3) blue or black 3/A) yellow. What's more "important" at the moment is that we get a decent kit-maker to provide it.

To be honest other than Umbro I don't really like anything by the major manufacturers at the moment.

Adidas already have Stoke and Sunderland and we'd just get a bog-standard template (unless we stayed away from stripes again in which cae this place would have a meltdown), Nike are just gimmicky and dull with some horrible ideas and similarly template based, and even Macron would just make us look like Sheffield United. Lotto have some really ugly pointlessly faffy designs (see QPR aways), Warrior are hit and miss (though a "classic" home shirt would be excellent you'd have to fear Liverpool's purple 3rd kit and their horrible boot designs don't say "class") and Under Armour haven't produced one decent kit of the 3 Spurs have. Puma are ok I suppose...

Add to that that it'll be 2013/14 so the major manufacturers will be experimenting with stupid designs in a non-World Cup year in order to change to a classic look for summer 2014, and I'm not exactly positive that we're going to end up with anything decent for next season either.

Whatever we end up with, plain stripes is an absolute minimum for me. A nice amber and black away kit as per 1970/71 would make my day too.

Are we not eligible for relegation next season due to completing one full season in the Premiership?

Did I not say strengthen the team off the back of staying up? We don't have the depth to maintain a cup challenge and put out a strong team in the league every week. If we stay up we can add to the team, meaning that we can rest a few players without severely weakening the side. We cannot play the same team every single game without expecting them to get worn out. E.g v Norwich. So how can we expect to put out a team to win the cup and one that's capable of keeping us in this league.