Saints after Gorre appointment

Bailey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/7746444.stm

I'd noticed there has been another bloke appearing to be helping with the coaching side of things in recent matches.

Seems this would explain it!

Anyone else noticed this guy sitting in the dug-out for the last couple of games?

Things have appeared to improve recently so he maybe worth having

I remember Gorre. Good lower league player. Obviously keen to show what he can do regardless of money by the sound of it.

He was good at Ajax as well even though he was mostly used as an impact player. His playing career profile is just what we need in a coach in my opinion. Someone that has played and trained in the typical Dutch 4-3-3 style who also has experience in the lower British Leagues. Just weird to see him being a coach, if you knew him a bit as a player it was the last thing you expected.

If we do sign him we should try to get his son as well, he is in the Manu academy and regarded as a huge talent.

This is excellent news.

We got rid of one manager and looks like we're replacing him with not just two but three other managers / coaches.

At least we've still got our morals in tact by not hiring in cheaper foreign labour :rolleyes:

Well indeed. If we had kept the second coming of Bill Shankley that is Nigel Pearson, with him being such a managerial legend, he wouldn't have needed any coaches to assist him.....

Pearson done a very good job for us and is doing very well at LCFC so i belive he is a quailty manager but JP has come in and done very well were playin quailty footy and starting to get sum results which can only help us secure a midtable finish and should we go in to admin and lose 10 points still have enough points to not be in the bottom 3 also JP is passionate after the reading game coming over and clebrating with us fans shows he does care about this club full respect to him.

I remember Gorre. Good lower league player. Obviously keen to show what he can do regardless of money by the sound of it.

He was at Huddersfield when Bruce was manager there, possibly in the late 1990s. May have played for others at CCC/League 1 level but can't recall them. Decent player from what I remember the season Huddersfield had a push for the PL, Marcus Stewart was part of that side as well and a Dutch striker (Wijnard?) from Leeds.

Then Bruce left and the wheels seemed to come off.

He was at Huddersfield when Bruce was manager there, possibly in the late 1990s. May have played for others at CCC/League 1 level but can't recall them. Decent player from what I remember the season Huddersfield had a push for the PL, Marcus Stewart was part of that side as well and a Dutch striker (Wijnard?) from Leeds.

Then Bruce left and the wheels seemed to come off.

He's also had spells at Barnsley and Blackpool I think. From his time in the Netherlands I remember him as a decent player with the odd spell of absolute brilliance. In a Champions League match between Ajax and Olympiakos I remember him scoring with a delightful chip from the edge of the area. Just a shame I can't find the footage on youtube.