Les Reed

Dig Dig

But I am not a professional footballer, hold I still could get on the committee, what does Cortese know exactly of the game?

That's why we have a scouting network Bazza. It is their job to identify players who are good enough to play for the club and hopefully make an impact.

Cortese is there to broker the deal, you know that thing he did before he came into football. Dealing with multi-million pound/dollar/euro transactions. Now where would the relevance be there?

Should we have a Football Manager with no experience of business doing this?

Who are we bidding for then that we cant afford?

So Cortese has nothing to do with the selection of players?

He only signs the cheques?

I have no idea who we are looking at - but I'm pretty sure Adkins would sign Messi if he could, but we obviously can't afford him. So I'm sure there are other players who would want wages too high etc... If you don't have someone to control that you end up like Liverpool with **** players who they spent too much money on!

How do you know he does? I have no confirmed reports (other than rumour) that convince me otherwise. Call me naive or call me sensible. Up to you!

That's why we have a scouting network Bazza. It is their job to identify players who are good enough to play for the club and hopefully make an impact.

Cortese is there to broker the deal, you know that thing he did before he came into football. Dealing with multi-million pound/dollar/euro transactions. Now where would the relevance be there?

Should we have a Football Manager with no experience of business doing this?

My brother used to deal with those sorts of deals should we get him on board?

Do we have scouts solely for Southampton FC in Italy?

My brother used to deal with those sorts of deals should we get him on board?

Do we have scouts solely for Southampton FC in Italy?

Maybe it has something to do with the money falling out of the market in Italy and Cortesse having connections with people - still nothing to say he is picking players! There are a stack of clubs selling players at the moment as if the offer is right, they can't afford to turn it down

I have no idea who we are looking at - but I'm pretty sure Adkins would sign Messi if he could, but we obviously can't afford him. So I'm sure there are other players who would want wages too high etc... If you don't have someone to control that you end up like Liverpool with **** players who they spent too much money on!

How do you know he does? I have no confirmed reports (other than rumour) that convince me otherwise. Call me naive or call me sensible. Up to you!

You see you did not need Cortese to tell you that, Liverpool have spent money on ****e and I laugh at my red friends all the time up here but they will never go under or ever have any problems writing cheques, never have never will.

They are trying to bring in under control by employing Rodgers but they still pay huge wages as the fans demand that players go there, they still play the 2nd or 3rd most out in wages.

So he only sign the cheques?

We now have a failed manager, a 30 year old former lower league player and a 47 year former lower league player, now call me naive..........................

Maybe it has something to do with the money falling out of the market in Italy and Cortesse having connections with people - still nothing to say he is picking players! There are a stack of clubs selling players at the moment as if the offer is right, they can't afford to turn it down

Hence the easy fire sale Serie A pickings for us..........................

You see you did not need Cortese to tell you that, Liverpool have spent money on ****e and I laugh at my red friends all the time up here but they will never go under or ever have any problems writing cheques, never have never will.

They are trying to bring in under control by employing Rodgers but they still pay huge wages as the fans demand that players go there, they still play the 2nd or 3rd most out in wages.

So he only sign the cheques?

We now have a failed manager, a 30 year old former lower league player and a 47 year former lower league player, now call me naive..........................

He clearly doesn't 'only sign the cheques'

But I am not a professional footballer, hold I still could get on the committee, what does Cortese know exactly of the game?

You are so dense you seem to have managed (from the evidence of your 'contributions' to this thread) to have misunderstood how the transfer committee works (which is quite something since it really isn't complex).

Agents don't negotiate with the committee, that comes later and is handled by cortese. The committee decides our targets and if you think it is wrong that the chairman is on it, the one who knows the finances, then you are a complete tool or a WUM.

The committee is there to prioritise positions, look at who is available versus what we can afford and decide who we should progress. if you are arguing the chairman should not be involved then you would appear to be advocating the 'blank cheque' approach that has been so disastrous for others in the past.

As much as anything else, canvassing a broad range of opinions should ensure a stronger decision in the longer run.

It seems to me from your posts that you either don't like supporting this club very much or that you are pushing some lame WUM angle... And dragging every thread down to your level of ignorance.

If you want to look at it that way. The original point was that I don't think Reed is singling out players to buy, and I also don't beleive Cortese is. I beleive the scouting team find players based on the requirements. A decision is make as to who we sign, based on a number of terms. Then Cortese will go out and try and sign them. Then obviously the latter doesn't always happen. That's football

By the way - I never called you naive!

Can a post be right and wrong at the same time? Either way this is as good as you are going to get as an example of that.

Tbh I can see what your trying to say, but it does all just seem like you are tying all these guys up in knots with some pretty good WUMing.

It is obvious what everybodys role is in the committee, and I dont see how you can argue that.

Christ so we dont have a committee containing Arnason etc but thats because we have just come up from league 1 within 2 years, the club is trying to build a modern way of competing, and fair play to that.

Shovk horror that some transfers eork, some dont, and some dont make it over the line

You are so dense you seem to have managed (from the evidence of your 'contributions' to this thread) to have misunderstood how the transfer committee works (which is quite something since it really isn't complex).

Agents don't negotiate with the committee, that comes later and is handled by cortese. The committee decides our targets and if you think it is wrong that the chairman is on it, the one who knows the finances, then you are a complete tool or a WUM.

The committee is there to prioritise positions, look at who is available versus what we can afford and decide who we should progress. if you are arguing the chairman should not be involved then you would appear to be advocating the 'blank cheque' approach that has been so disastrous for others in the past.

As much as anything else, canvassing a broad range of opinions should ensure a stronger decision in the longer run.

It seems to me from your posts that you either don't like supporting this club very much or that you are pushing some lame WUM angle... And dragging every thread down to your level of ignorance.

Your typed words of vitriol are wasted, you have completely misunderstood what I have been attempting to get across, I have no problem with a commitee structure, in fact I welcome it along with a good knowledgeable scouting network I simply dont have faith in our setup, I think we look at a bigger club than ours and assume the player is going to be brilliant.

Obertan for Newcastle as an example.

If you want to look at it that way. The original point was that I don't think Reed is singling out players to buy, and I also don't beleive Cortese is. I beleive the scouting team find players based on the requirements. A decision is make as to who we sign, based on a number of terms. Then Cortese will go out and try and sign them. Then obviously the latter doesn't always happen. That's football

So the now the committee dont "seek" out players its the scouting network, who is our man on the ground in Milan?

Your typed words of vitriol are wasted, you have completely misunderstood what I have been attempting to get across, I have no problem with a commitee structure, in fact I welcome it along with a good knowledgeable scouting network I simply dont have faith in our setup, I think we look at a bigger club than ours and assume the player is going to be brilliant.

Obertan for Newcastle as an example.

Would you feel better if we had Harry Bassett on board?

I know I called myself it for slight comic effect, slight I shall add.

Christ Barry, who gives a f*ck?

This is important Blaresy, pillar to post, one minute its the "commitee" now its the scouts, then its Reed pulling the strings, this only highlights the club has not moved forward a jot on transparency since woop's has gone, I honestly have absolutely no faith in us getting a "good deal" with this group of people at the table, the only ace we have is we can pay more, thats great that really convincing, Ramirez here because of what exactly? It was not the manager or the history I know that.

So our man on the ground is? He is responsible for this glut of Italian based players possibly coming over to Southampton? And Cortese is quietly writing up the cheques whilst Nigel, Les and Paul are doing the deal?

Where have you got this from? You are clearly just making this up as you go along.

Cortese does the deal. The scouts find the players. Adkins will identify areas of the team that need strengthening.

Pretty sure it's not that hard to comprehend.

No, but you are probably the biggest most depressing d*ck I’ve ever had the misfortune to come across. You make Alpine Saint look like a happy school kid. Do you really take any joy from spouting your endless drivel? I'm not even going to get into whether you know anything about football or Southampton as I’m not really interested in the opinion of people like you.

All I do know is that 9 of 10 threads at the moment are infested with your inane boll*cks and its people like you that ruin the site. Why don't you crawl back under the rock you have recently emerged from and leave us all in peace? And before you start, you don’t start debates on any kind of grounding, you just look to the negative of every argument and sit there repeating the same old cr*p over and over..

Ps, I think Les Reed is doing an excellent job....

That "commitee" has about as much pull as Bet Lynch in the playboy mansion.

Who do you suggest then? Les Reed has a tough job to do and it's not one that many people are qualified for. There aren't many football people who are also qualified as business managers and that's what Reed is there to do. Lots of chairmen think they can do his job and get it spectacularly wrong, either because they're hopeless like Rupert Lowe or because they don't delegate properly and give themselves too much to do that they know **** all about. The chairman, the manager and the bloke in charge of scouting seem like fair people to have on the signings panel.

No, but you are probably the biggest most depressing d*ck I’ve ever had the misfortune to come across. You make Alpine Saint look like a happy school kid. Do you really take any joy from spouting your endless drivel? I'm not even going to get into whether you know anything about football or Southampton as I’m not really interested in the opinion of people like you.

All I do know is that 9 of 10 threads at the moment are infested with your inane boll*cks and its people like you that ruin the site. Why don't you crawl back under the rock you have recently emerged from and leave us all in peace? And before you start, you don’t start debates on any kind of grounding, you just look to the negative of every argument and sit there repeating the same old cr*p over and over..

Ps, I think Les Reed is doing an excellent job....

Thanks Andy.

The scouts find the players? Who is our Italian based scout? Is it coincicence we are trying to acquire Italian based players?Where does Les and Paul come into this?

Les Paul tee hee hee.

I haven't a clue Bazza. I'm not aware of who our scouts are, and what their current assignments are.

Though I'm not surprised we have people watching Italy. Whilst in decline, it is still one of the biggest and highest quality leagues in Europe.

I'm sure you would only whip yourself up into a frenzy if we weren't scouting Italy and other clubs were signing players from there.

Who do you suggest then? Les Reed has a tough job to do and it's not one that many people are qualified for. There aren't many football people who are also qualified as business managers and that's what Reed is there to do. Lots of chairmen think they can do his job and get it spectacularly wrong, either because they're hopeless like Rupert Lowe or because they don't delegate properly and give themselves too much to do that they know **** all about. The chairman, the manager and the bloke in charge of scouting seem like fair people to have on the signings panel.

Putting someone at the club others know, if we are to build how can we get players here without paying over the odds on wages? Figureheads could be important.

For those that find Barry's pointless trolling quite frustrating, fear not - there are many more of you - all contributing to this thread to ask the Mods to remove trolls who have in this case (Dune) already been recently banned.

Feel free to contribute:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42242-Time-to-do-the-right-thing-mods

Bye Bye Barry....the Mods are closing in.

For those that find Barry's pointless trolling quite frustrating, fear not - there are many more of you - all contributing to this thread to ask the Mods to remove trolls who have in this case (Dune) already been recently banned.

Feel free to contribute:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42242-Time-to-do-the-right-thing-mods

Bye Bye Barry....the Mods are closing in.

With all your help, we will stamp out trolling

Forever

With all your help, we will stamp out trolling

Forever

If we could have 100 posters all writing "Ban Barry" on that thread we could make a point to the Mods. I am also looking at hiring space on the Electronic Boards for the Everton game if the Mods haven't sorted him by then.

Ban Barry!

Putting someone at the club others know, if we are to build how can we get players here without paying over the odds on wages? Figureheads could be important.

On the scouting network I suggest you read this post

And on the figurehead bit you regularly quote Michu going to Swansea because of Laudrup, this is not true, he was looked at and rejected by several other PL clubs, Swansea were the only one to offer him a job in the P/L (where he wanted to be) you can bet your English Setter he'll be at another club come August 2013...

True Laudrup knew of him from his time in Spain, and vice versa, but that's about it.

Fact of the matter is no "big name" is going to come to Saints when we are where are, if we survive this season and consolidate on mid-table position then we will start getting "bigger" names in.

On the scouting network I suggest you read this post

And on the figurehead bit you regularly quote Michu going to Swansea because of Laudrup, this is not true, he was looked at and rejected by several other PL clubs, Swansea were the only one to offer him a job in the P/L (where he wanted to be) you can bet your English Setter he'll be at another club come August 2013...

True Laudrup knew of him from his time in Spain, and vice versa, but that's about it.

Fact of the matter is no "big name" is going to come to Saints when we are where are, if we survive this season and consolidate on mid-table position then we will start getting "bigger" names in.

Where have I quoted that?

Well why were you banned with your previous login Dune?

You are a pest. 32 of 88 posts (36%) on this thread are yours. We know your opinion so stop repeating it over and over.

I am not Dune, jesus christ, you are copying pap with that,he obviously fancied this dune dude who I have no clue to what your on about,.

A lot of posts are mine because I am polite and reply to all that address me, funny that manners hey?

Also the thread changes and it evolves hence subject change so its not all the same.

I think Charlie should stop hijacking a good thread.

I think he should be BANNED or at least INFRACTED for his behaviour.

Thanks Dig Dig,I would never want anyone banned unless they were racist or spouted pure vitriol all the time, its a witch-hunt and bullying, a lot or most or my posts are replies but people jump upon as me posting and I challenge people to look at that and then comment.