Forgotten Sweets

harvey

Ok...

Pacers were actually the same thing as Opal Mints - and then they stuck the 3 stripes on them (and took it away again).

Coconut Boosts got dumped when they brought out non-coconut Boosts (the current ones) in the early 90s. The "Peanut" Boost that also came out at the same time just before they got rid of coconut Boosts used to be the old Star Bar, and now is again, because Star Bars disappeared from the early/mid 80s until the early 90s when Peanut Boosts came back.

Lovells made Milky Lunch in my home town, but they stopped selling Milky Lunches about 10 years ago : http://www.hotukdeals.com/ask/lovells-milky-lunches-chocolate-bar-129893. They sold the brand name to some Turkish (not that one) company.

FWIW Lovells also had Newport's second best football club and as well as winning the Welsh Cup once, once reached the first round of the FA Cup and used to get crowds of around 10,000 at one point.

Oh yeah and I think the mint Ice Breakers bar was relaunched as Cadbury's Bitz in around 1989ish with a couple of different flavours, a bit like Matchmakers in a bar.

Edited by The9

Anyone remember in the early 90s Spangles came back (looking like the older advert above) but were single flavour packs and only for sale in Woolworths ?

They're basically just Jolly Ranchers anyway.

My favourite thing about sweets are the way Munchies used to be a luxury sweet at about 60p a pack when everything else was about 20p a bar (around 1988ish), and they're now about 80p a pack when everything else is about 60p - so they're basically inflation-busting.

Oh and don't forget Mintola, the equally overpriced supposed luxury mint-filled munchie.