Loans going back 1st Jan, pre Man Utd match.

derry

Was wondering the same thing myself. Hopefully the lads will play like demons in the run up to the game to ensure selection for the FA Cup game. Would think we'll probably send back Smith & Pekhart but if we can keep Pearce & Cork until the end of the season that'd be superb. Still not too sure about Robertsons striking credentials.

What about the players returning? I wonder if John and Saganowski will be allowed a go up front.

I can imagine if Pearce stayed he would be cup tied. Cork wouldn't if he stayed because he wouldn't then go out on loan elsewhere and I doubt he is in Chelsea's plans. Robertson I think will go back, if nothing else because the Blades don't want to keep Dyer any longer. Pekhart... I don't really know or care. Wouldn't be in my team anyway.

What about the players returning? I wonder if John and Saganowski will be allowed a go up front.

I can imagine if Pearce stayed he would be cup tied. Cork wouldn't if he stayed because he wouldn't then go out on loan elsewhere and I doubt he is in Chelsea's plans. Robertson I think will go back, if nothing else because the Blades don't want to keep Dyer any longer. Pekhart... I don't really know or care. Wouldn't be in my team anyway.

Interesting! Stern playing up front with Saga 'in the hole'.

Interesting dilemna there really,especially after the last time we drew those mancy c^nts in the cup.Are we going to see a Saints side similar to the one we currently - and pre 1/1/09 regard as our strongest take the field - or one that is minus some of our better players.

Frankly the cup selection in 2005 was one that left me feel hugely cheated before a ball was kicked,never mind the capitulation that followed.

A possibility, Cork probably OK, I'd be surprised if Reading allowed Pearce to be tied, I'm sure he would be on instant recall if needed by them. Robertson and Pekart haven't really impressed, it depends how the club view their value.

It depends again whether we are hell bent on shifting John, Saganowski, Euell, Skacel plus Raziak (season) By then we hopefully will have Holmes fit and Dyer back.

Edited by derry

management should be working long and hard on Cork. Manicenne has just had his loan extended at Wolves until end of season by Chelsea Cloud on horizon is Brendon Rodgersappointment at Watford, Cork was his captain in the Chelsea's youth and reserve teams.

Cheap deal get it done and quick!!!

Pearce would be great too but having seen Bikey play (:smt069:vom:)at Reading I cant imagine they will extend his loan.

I'd like to see how that goes as Saga ,although not prolific for us, has plenty of energy and drive.

Also like to see Cork and Pearce's loan contracts extended to the end of the year - They are getting games so surely it benifits Players, and both teams.

lazy, overated and bankrupt, no thanks. I hope both are bought on Jan 1st enabling us to keep Surman and Lallana. Fat chance though.

I wonder how many more of you want to pay those two for 4 months using all the transfer fees for Lallana and Surman.

Interesting dilemna there really,especially after the last time we drew those mancy c^nts in the cup.Are we going to see a Saints side similar to the one we currently - and pre 1/1/09 regard as our strongest take the field - or one that is minus some of our better players.

Frankly the cup selection in 2005 was one that left me feel hugely cheated before a ball was kicked,never mind the capitulation that followed.

Have to fairly agree as I travelled down from Warwick expecting to see the first team in action only to see a makeshift team capitulate in front of our very eyes. That said the concentration at the time was on premiership survival which did not materialise as we all know, but I believed the cup tie was a hinderence at the time.

lazy, overated and bankrupt, no thanks. I hope both are bought on Jan 1st enabling us to keep Surman and Lallana. Fat chance though.

I wonder how many more of you want to pay those two for 4 months using all the transfer fees for Lallana and Surman.

So John is lazy and overated after scoring 19 goals in 34 league games last season, maybe I am missing something but isn't winning games about scoring goals? Please advise otherwise :confused:

So John is lazy and overated after scoring 19 goals in 34 league games last season, maybe I am missing something but isn't winning games about scoring goals? Please advise otherwise :confused:

Exactly. Seems some on here would rather have a Brett Ormerod type player that will run and run all day but couldn't hit a barn door, than a Rasiak or John who instictively know how to be in the right place at the right time (therefore don't need to do as much running) and score 20 goals a season.

Exactly. Seems some on here would rather have a Brett Ormerod type player that will run and run all day but couldn't hit a barn door, than a Rasiak or John who instictively know how to be in the right place at the right time (therefore don't need to do as much running) and score 20 goals a season.

I'd love the balance of some one like Stern/Rasiak up front and said run all day player just behind him. Hopefully form a Beattie/Ormerod Partnership

Assuming we got £1m each for those two, that puts Saga and John at £60kpw each, so that's putting a bit of a slant on it.

If we could offload BWP or Euell and keep all four of them, that would be the best bet IMO. Can't see it happening though.

Too many clubs are after Cork and if Chelsea want to off-load him then he'll be off up to Bolton , Wigan or Blackburn who are all in the sh*t and need help urgently.

The other loanees are no B use to anybody else and F all use to us so don't fret they won't be going anywhere

Can't see Wigan wanting to sign Cork, they've been pretty solid at the back even Scharner can't get a game at the moment. They're 11th in the league, not bad at all.

Bolton maybe but that only be because of Corks old man in the coaching setup, they've been solid all season as well. 9th in the league is hardly in the ****.

Blackburn could happen they're terrible, still not sure he's better than Samba or Nelsen, could probably get a game in midfield for them though.

I really hope we can keep hold of Cork for the rest of the season, could be vital to us staying in the league. He's a quality player, easily our best loanee since Guthrie. Definatly a premiership player in the future, could do with another 6 months in the CCC though.