Thanks to Saints fans from Ron Davies's sister

Fitzhugh Fella

Marlene Davies (Ron's sister) has contacted me and asked that her thanks be passed on to all Saints fans. Here is her message. Timothy is Tijuana Tim who did so much for Ron in the States and James was the instigator of the successful "Give It To Ron" appeal.

Dear Duncan,

We hope you are keeping well.

We have delayed writing as we were hoping to have more news for you regarding Ron's ashes etc. but, as yet,we have not heard from Nicola, Ron's daughter.

We have written to Timothy and James and would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the supporters of Southampton Football Club for the help and support you gave to Ron during a difficult period of his life.

Reading the many tributes was a very sad but heartwarming experience.

We know how much he loved and appreciated the Southampton fans, and was very grateful for all the help he received.

Thank you once again and may we wish you and the club a very successful season.

Yours sincerely,

Marlene Savage (Davies)

Nice. Very nice and heartwarming. I hope that the next time a situation comes up like Ron's that we remember this, and respond in a similar way, because there will be a next time.

PS I still have the print of Ron's caricature of MLT that I got for my contribution displayed in my "den".....I have to admit though, that it just saddens me now. :(

Edited by Ohio Saint

Nice. Very nice and heartwarming. I hope that the next time a situation comes up like Ron's that we remember this, and respond in a similar way, because there will be a next time.

PS I still have the print of Ron's caricature of MLT that I got for my contribution displayed in my "den".....I have to admit though, that it just saddens me now. :(

So have I, No. 26.

Thanks for posting that FF.

I know many on here give him stick, but I also think that as Saints fans we owe TT a huge vote of thanks for the efforts he made to make us aware of Ron's situation in later life and for the many miles he travelled back and forth to meet the Great Man.

Thanks for the Memories Ron, and from me at least, thanks Tim for at least trying to help him when so many of us could not.

Thanks FF and Tim and my deepest sympathy to Marlene for the loss of her brother! I will always remember Ron and that team of the 60's / 70's (my very first visits to the Dell)!

Just have to say that no one gave me more pleasure to watch than Ron Davies. That team were so entertaining but big Ron was just such a great player. Watching him from the Boys Chocolate Box will stay with me for ever.....

Just Class.......