Okay, I get it.....

Minsk

Obviously by the reaction, you'd all prefer that threads like Minsk's aren't closed.

Us Mods will have a chat and try and make sure that the discussions that people want to have in future aren't shut down.

Edited by Jimmy_D

I agree, the first half it wasn't diplomatic. It wasn't meant to be! Yet, the other half was on topic and still it was deleted - unlike hundreds of others all over this site that are left alone!!

So, you wouldn't have locked last night's thread? Who locked the subsequent one on the same topic this morning? No mod admitted to doing so and no reason was given for its locking. Why would you have moved it to general sport? We were discussing which of those players we would have liked to have signed for Saints, therefore, those threads were SAINTS RELATED.

Nice of you to admit that each mod interprets things their own way and, without exactly saying so, that us PAYING members just have to accept each one's decisions - like it or lump it, as it were.

I'd be relatively happy to like it or lump it if a half reasonable reason were given. These explanations also help us all to understand what the Mod team consider to be unreasonable or inappropriate.

Edited by H
because I can!

...just have to accept each one's decisions - like it or lump it, as it were.

To be fair, that will always be the case at some point - you have to accept that sometimes things will be done that you don't agree with. The onus has to be on making moderation as consistent (and as easy) as possible for those doing the job, and, as I said before, communicating with people as much as possible directly, to prevent the need for threads like this.

This would save me hours each week Steve ... I can generally tell by a thread title or the OP whether it is something I want to look at. Not interested in How many 'Saints girlfriends' anyone has had or what birds they've taken to the football (still no explanation as to why these are more worthy of a place on the Saints page than Minsk's threads btw?) so I just don't look at those threads. Separate thread for each news item or rumour please going forward.

I'd be relatively happy to like it or lump it if a half reasonable reason were given. These explanations also help us all to understand what the Mod team consider to be unreasonable or inappropriate.

To be fair, that will always be the case at some point - you have to accept that sometimes things will be done that you don't agree with. The onus has to be on making moderation as consistent (and as easy) as possible for those doing the job, and, as I said before, communicating with people as much as possible directly, to prevent the need for threads like this.

Exactly, communication and consistency. That's just the problem though, this rarely happens. Usually, a thread is locked without any warning and often without reason.

I suppose if I were to start a thread on 'how many hot dogs have you eaten at SMS' that would be allowed to run on the main board as it is Saints related. But the recently locked ones discussing Saints and football are deemed inappropriate. Madness!!!!!!

With regards to trolling, one person's troll is another's genuine opinion. It's impossible to draw the line on that one.

Respectfully, there are posters on here who have admitted in the past to putting on a facade to provoke reaction for the sake of it.

This is the kind of behaviour that needs to be stamped out; therefore when an opinion is expressed it can be taken in confidence as being genuine.

But why was yesterdays thread locked....? bloody ridiculous.

Utterly stupid. It's why a lot of people don't bother - the forum is now limited to those that have the time to read through 10 page threads, which isn't many people.

I want to come on, see a thread about a player, have a look and leave - I don't want to have to read pages and pages of drivel when separate threads would suffice. I liked the thread about "could we have signed these players" etc., I don't see why they were locked and I don't have the time to read back through massive threads.

Morons.

Utterly stupid. It's why a lot of people don't bother - the forum is now limited to those that have the time to read through 10 page threads, which isn't many people.

I want to come on, see a thread about a player, have a look and leave - I don't want to have to read pages and pages of drivel when separate threads would suffice. I liked the thread about "could we have signed these players" etc., I don't see why they were locked and I don't have the time to read back through massive threads.

Morons.

If you simply want Saints news then maybe you are using the wrong sites? Try one of these.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/

Failing that you can get the gist by simply looking at the thread title?

The only off topic stuff I see on the main board is the same old posters moaning about other posters and talking about the good ol days when everything was on-topic, happy and everyone was best friends forever.

Certain threads "Wanyama officially signs" and "Rickie Lambert called up for England" don’t go off topic, you then get the nonsense threads which will inevitably go off topic like "As it stands, do we have a better midfield than Utd?"

If you simply want Saints news then maybe you are using the wrong sites? Try one of these.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/

Failing that you can get the gist by simply looking at the thread title?

The only off topic stuff I see on the main board is the same old posters moaning about other posters and talking about the good ol days when everything was on-topic, happy and everyone was best friends forever.

Certain threads "Wanyama officially signs" and "Rickie Lambert called up for England" don’t go off topic, you then get the nonsense threads which will inevitably go off topic like "As it stands, do we have a better midfield than Utd?"

Respectfully ... perhaps the people that come on here to have a good row with another interweb warrior, try to be funnier than the other Saintsweb 'celebs' or generally to 'big themselves up' and brighten their otherwise dull and empty lives are the ones coming to the wrong place ...

Respectfully ... perhaps the people that come on here to have a good row with another interweb warrior, try to be funnier than the other Saintsweb 'celebs' or generally to 'big themselves up' and brighten their otherwise dull and empty lives are the ones coming to the wrong place ...

where do you suggest they go?