Dear Rupert

Huffton

You justify and defend Lowe's existence at every opportunity. It's as if you have something going on with him.

Frankly I am sick of people like you who are completely obsessed by Lowe who automatically assume that anyone who does not share your obsession as being a "Luvvie". NickH was expressing something that I agree with - that I enjoy watching this team a hell of a lot more than last year's overpaid bunch of underperformers. And their results are not any worse. Personally, I support the team - not the bloody boardroom.

How about the second half of the game?

Wednesday finally got their asses in gear but still did not seriously threaten. I had to leave early today (80 mins) and left pretty convinced that if Wednesday played until Wednesday they still would not score. Clearly I was wrong but if the score is only 1-0 you are still vulnerable. I remain puzzled as to why a team that is still learning when to play pretty and when to be direct is being condemned when they are no worse that last year's "experienced" and far better paid team.

nickh you are a ****ing ****

**** off and support pompey you ****ing burley loving/lowe loving knobhead.

not fit to support the saints

you didnt mention my support of Kelvin against your stupid attacks.

Grow up, ill pit it down to frustration or drink after todays game.

Wednesday finally got their asses in gear but still did not seriously threaten. I had to leave early today (80 mins) and left pretty convinced that if Wednesday played until Wednesday they still would not score.

In which case you missed Wednesday's three best chances, one of which they converted.

First half was good for long spells, although once agian we couldn't convert posession into goals, but in the second half we were totally outfought, outthought and outplayed.

Our current position in the league is similar, but our points per game ratio is down. In fact if we had our current PPG ratio we would have got relegated last season!

Weirdly, I'm enjoying following Saints more this season than at any time since the FA Cup final and 8th placed finish.

Maybe it's just some sort of masochistic perversity, but I think there are some signs of real hope despite the pretty grim financial and league position.

I think we do play good football. At times at least. Not massively effectively sometimes. But much better than last year.

On the pitch, the only realistic aim this season can be to avoid relegation. I reckon we'll achieve that.

Off the pitch, the only realistic aim can be to sort out our leakage of money. I reckpon we might sort that out too.

This is a grim place to have got to, but I think we have a good chance of turning it round over the medium term.

But patience is always in short supply in football.

Sadly you are right. Most teams now struggle to get by but for some reason large section of fans at every club think that their team has a divine right to have the best players, play the best football and to be up at the top of the Prem.

The people running every club make mistakes but to read here you would think that our Chairman is the only one who does. Despite saying that they detest the spin coming out of the club, they jump on any snippet of information or gossip and spin it for all they are worth themselves.

The last administration we had were very poor and left us close to relegation and blew what littel cash we had left. Do they get slated? No. Why? because they are not Rupert Lowe.

If you come on here and try and redress the balance the playground mob kick in and start the abuse (Lowe Luvvie?) and any chance of a reasoned debate goes out of the window.

Some people need to blame others and that will never change. At least they are getting off the players backs and only aimed their flak at Lowe, who cna take it all day long. These same people slated Burley for sticking with Davis and Davis himself. You watch. If Davis is now sold the same mob will berate Lowe for selling him.

As UP would say, you couldn't make it up.

Things are not great, but as you say, there are signs of hope. Isn't that why we supoort a football club? Because each week we hope that things are going to get better and that no matter how bad things are now, there is always a tomorrow and a chance of better things to come?

The club will always be bigger than individuals. The peopel who come on here and pul it apart are just as much a problem for SFC as the people that they purport are "damaging" the club from within.

I know I am not allowed to have an opinion a) because I only go to a couple of matches a year and b) because I don't hate anyone at the club, but I this club has been in my veins since 1966 and I am getting sick and tired of the negative brigade and the mob mentality.

There used to a place, in fact there still is, where you could go online and discuss matters related to SFC in a reasonble manner with other like mided fans. It is a shame the same doesn't happen here.

It really is not very difficlut to grasp. If people like the Nicks post in response to more knee jerk reactionary posts and try and balance things up, it doesn't mean that they are "Lowe Luvvies", it means that they can see that there are two sides to every arguement and situation. I am in the same boat. I can see that there have been positibves and negatives - as there are in every club - and I get fed up with all this reaction stuff too. It damages the club, it stiffles proper debate and it - not Lowe or who ever is running the club at the time - is what is "divisive" at SFC.

In which case you missed Wednesday's three best chances, one of which they converted.

First half was good for long spells, although once agian we couldn't convert posession into goals, but in the second half we were totally outfought, outthought and outplayed.

Our current position in the league is similar, but our points per game ratio is down. In fact if we had our current PPG ratio we would have got relegated last season!

Um I didnt go. Did Jan leave the team open or did he try and stiffen up the defensive midfield?

The last administration we had were very poor and left us close to relegation and blew what littel cash we had left. Do they get slated? No. Why? because they are not Rupert Lowe.

I'd agree we had little cash left once Crouch arrived and inheritted the mess created by Lowe and Wilde. Just how you can call Crouchs 5 month administration very poor is mind boggling.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Weirdly, I'm enjoying following Saints more this season than at any time since the FA Cup final and 8th placed finish.

Maybe it's just some sort of masochistic perversity, but I think there are some signs of real hope despite the pretty grim financial and league position.

I think we do play good football. At times at least. Not massively effectively sometimes. But much better than last year.

On the pitch, the only realistic aim this season can be to avoid relegation. I reckon we'll achieve that.

Off the pitch, the only realistic aim can be to sort out our leakage of money. I reckpon we might sort that out too.

This is a grim place to have got to, but I think we have a good chance of turning it round over the medium term.

Hallefirkinglujah. Now selling in the club shop, perspective glasses...

Sadly you are right. Most teams now struggle to get by but for some reason large section of fans at every club think that their team has a divine right to have the best players, play the best football and to be up at the top of the Prem.

The people running every club make mistakes but to read here you would think that our Chairman is the only one who does. Despite saying that they detest the spin coming out of the club, they jump on any snippet of information or gossip and spin it for all they are worth themselves.

If you come on here and try and redress the balance the playground mob kick in and start the abuse (Lowe Luvvie?) and any chance of a reasoned debate goes out of the window.

Some people need to blame others and that will never change. At least they are getting off the players backs and only aimed their flak at Lowe, who cna take it all day long. These same people slated Burley for sticking with Davis and Davis himself. You watch. If Davis is now sold the same mob will berate Lowe for selling him.

As UP would say, you couldn't make it up.

Things are not great, but as you say, there are signs of hope. Isn't that why we supoort a football club? Because each week we hope that things are going to get better and that no matter how bad things are now, there is always a tomorrow and a chance of better things to come?

The club will always be bigger than individuals. The peopel who come on here and pul it apart are just as much a problem for SFC as the people that they purport are "damaging" the club from within.

I know I am not allowed to have an opinion a) because I only go to a couple of matches a year and b) because I don't hate anyone at the club, but I this club has been in my veins since 1966 and I am getting sick and tired of the negative brigade and the mob mentality.

There used to a place, in fact there still is, where you could go online and discuss matters related to SFC in a reasonble manner with other like mided fans. It is a shame the same doesn't happen here.

It really is not very difficlut to grasp. If people like the Nicks post in response to more knee jerk reactionary posts and try and balance things up, it doesn't mean that they are "Lowe Luvvies", it means that they can see that there are two sides to every arguement and situation. I am in the same boat. I can see that there have been positibves and negatives - as there are in every club - and I get fed up with all this reaction stuff too. It damages the club, it stiffles proper debate and it - not Lowe or who ever is running the club at the time - is what is "divisive" at SFC.

For evil men to succeed it is necessary only for good men to do nothing.

Do not despair SoG. The arguments about the board are firking irrelevant if you go along to watch a team in red and white play.

We have some good young footballers who play for their shirts and one another - they deserve better than some of those who would rather dissect the club's management than bother to watch the team.

We got relegated. Well that happens.

Now we're fighting for survival - like 70 other football clubs.

If you can't enjoy that, then what are you alive for?

When the chips are down, that's when real men stand up, not bottle off for a nice shopping spree with the wife and wait until the glory days return.

All me and my old man ever wanted was to see our lads give 100%. That's what they're giving. Sometimes it's exceptional to watch. Sometimes agonisingy close to being brilliant. At other times it's infuriating. That is football.

But anyone who thinks they go on the pitch to entertain and not to win needs to go back and ask for their surgeon to remove the other frontal lobe and do us all a favour...

Time to trot out that tired old line.

"You'll never be happy unless we win the league, blah, blah, blah!"

The vast, vast, vast majority of Saints fans fully accept where we are in the footballing pyramid. Of course we all hope to be higher, and we all hope to win every game we play, but we're also honest enough to accept that you are where you are.

Plese bin ths little ditty, it's actually rather insulting to the vast majoroity of supporters.

Of course other Chairman make mistakes, but what is the relevance to us?

It's just as pointless as saying other Chairman oversee success at their clubs, so what?

I don't care what happens at other teams, I have no affinity with another Club and what happens at other clubs has no bearing on the success or failure here.

Those in charge of our Club will be judged by results on the pitch and how that translates into success or failure.

In which case you've been living in a cave if you think Hone, Dulieu, Crouch, Wilde and others have not been slated on here.

Really, I think the abuse can be thrown around from both sides, but there are also many posters (on both sides) who can post and debate, often to a very high level (sadly you're not one of them).

We always hope that there is a brighter future ahead of us, and we always hope that something is just around the corner, but at times we have to start being realistic and face the situation head on and not blindly hope things will get better (after all, that was one of the criticisms thrwon at Crouch, yes you see, Crouch was slated on here!).

Once again you're confusing the symptons with the root cause of the problem. To blame supporters for the position we find ourselves in is somewhat insulting.

Well you know what to do then.

I can see that there have been positibves and negatives - as there are in every club - and I get fed up with all this reaction stuff too. It damages the club, it stiffles proper debate and it - not Lowe or who ever is running the club at the time - is what is "divisive" at SFC.

Once again you're attacking the symptoms, rather than addressing the root cause of the problem.

In any business, if the product is failing, then it is extremely myopic and naive to blame the customer base.

In any business, if the product is failing, then it is extremely myopic and naive to blame the customer base.

The problem with footbal compared to other businesses the fans/customers (as you put it) do make a diffeence to the companies/business/teams performance.If customers walked into the high street businesses everyday berating the employees you soon would get a disenchanted workforce.

Many wont have it but the fans/customers make a massive difference.I would say that the fans at games are very supportive nad understanding but the players must feel the pressure of expectancy.

The problem with footbal compared to other businesses the fans/customers (as you put it) do make a diffeence to the companies/business/teams performance.If customers walked into the high street businesses everyday berating the employees you soon would get a disenchanted workforce.

Many wont have it but the fans/customers make a massive difference.I would say that the fans at games are very supportive nad understanding but the players must feel the pressure of expectancy.

Two problems with that response:

1. The support at matches this season has been very good. I have heard or seen minimal berating of players, as the vast majority of supporters are keen to support these youngsters.

2. Even if there was any moaning, then once again it would be a sympton of a bigger problem. You have to ask why are people moaning and address the root cause of it, rather than just blame the supporters.

I'm sure a fortress type support can give a boost, but there have also been times we when have turned up in numbers and the team has undrperformed.

We really do need to move away from blaming supporters for the situation we find ourselves in.

Two problems with that response:

1. The support at matches this season has been very good. I have heard or seen minimal berating of players, as the vast majority of supporters are keen to support these youngsters.

2. Even if there was any moaning, then once again it would be a sympton of a bigger problem. You have to ask why are people moaning and address the root cause of it, rather than just blame the supporters.

I'm sure a fortress type support can give a boost, but there have also been times we when have turned up in numbers and the team has undrperformed.

We really do need to move away from blaming supporters for the situation we find ourselves in.

I did say the fans at the game have been supportive.

The root cause is of course lack of winning /relegation and our expectancy.

It is classic Catch 22

send it to him then

its all very well posting it on a forum

your just another idiot one of the plastic fans i'm sure our exciting young footballers will be good enough to watch when we play United hey!?

Before you deign to respond to Upton's thread, perhaps it would be a good idea to read it thoroughly and then digest it before responding.

Did you not see the reference he made to being a current ST holder? Unless you have a screw loose, you couldn't put forward a convincing argument that any ST holder that still pays his hard-earned dosh in this division to watch a squad full of youngsters managed by a lower division Dutch Manager could conceivably be a plastic fan. And I also think that having paid for that ST, he is perfectly entitled to go and watch the team play Man Utd without being insulted either.

[/b]

And to think that most people on here didn`t want Billy Davies because of boring "Route One" 1-0 wins!:rolleyes:

Good point - the team are trying to play football to a standard that we haven't seen since we beat Spurs 4 - 0, surely there is something to celebrate in that?

I can't help get the feeling that some supporters listening on their radios were pleased when Wednesday equalised!

Or not fit to have his own opinion? do you only listen to the flock you follow?

Whilst I don't always agree with what Nick posts, what gives you the right to respond in this manner? Why not respond with reasoned debate? Posts like this just make you look like the **** you are.

thats because they are brain dead ,you can tell by their replys.

its the same old crap thread after thread with all their made up storys.

Top post this and as a season ticket holder for over 20 years I agree with this view.

Do you really expect a team to play flowing football at the flick of a switch? It will take more than 6 months to get the team playing great football.Do you not think the football for at least 3 seasons has been poor and even in the PL we were hardly Brazil.

This is a young team and they thankfully have the majority of fans at the ground giving them the support they need. Hang in there, if RL left it would be no different unless you want a hoof ball team.I myself feel more attachment to the players than I have for a long time.

I hope your attatchment is flexible as come January most of our loan players will go back & atleast 2 players will be sold!

Frankly I am sick of people like you who are completely obsessed by Lowe who automatically assume that anyone who does not share your obsession as being a "Luvvie". NickH was expressing something that I agree with - that I enjoy watching this team a hell of a lot more than last year's overpaid bunch of underperformers. And their results are not any worse. Personally, I support the team - not the bloody boardroom.

Southampton is no different to any other club, the boardroom and the team are linked, one has a massive bearing on the other. The route that our board has choosen take is not working, that makes it very difficult to support, imo!

I'd agree we had little cash left once Crouch arrived and inheritted the mess created by Lowe and Wilde. Just how you can call Crouchs 5 month administration very poor is mind boggling.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agree 100% with you here.

Not only that but through Rupert Lowe's statement regarding the financial accounts and how when he left there was £6.4m left in the bank. This £6.4m was our last parachute payment, so you take that away we were left with absolutely sweet fa! Would beg the question that if lowe is such a good business man and so good for our club, where has all the money gone? Would also suggest that things would of been much the same under Lowe as under wilde, sure he wouldn't of spent all the money (he had spent £2m on Rasiak, if he'd spent that much the previous yaer we'd of won promotion) but the parachute money would of run out, and with no outside investment we'd still be facing admin etc.

IMO

I remember a certain other business that blindly ignored the feedback from its customers, a very well established one who's management plowed on with what they thought were the products and services that the customers wanted, ignorant to the wants of the customers.

Woolworths is now in administration..........