Hampshire CCC Season 2014

Weston Saint

With next to no chance of winning this game any adverse weather could, for the first time this season, actually do us a favour –albeit at the expense of denying us possible batting points. If we get a full day’s play then I reckon today could turn out to be pivotal for our Div 2 campaign: we need our batsmen to show some solid application – this is exactly the kind of situation for which we signed Smith.

Worcs have turned out to be a much better team than I anticipated pre-season.

Why did we not put them back in! The wicket is not going to get better. It is a dry wicket and Hants did not fancy last use with so much time available. The fact we are 264-2 vindicates with 2 days to go in good weather. That from our 1st team coach.

Why is Vince not playing for England! Well he is disappointed he was not included in the ODI squad at least. That from his father

Time and weather on our side. We should beat them. Fantastic bowling from our strike bowlers this morning.

Briggs is now a Dad. Stanley Robert Briggs born today.

Moving on fairly rapidly this morning, 310-2 as I type, Smith approaching his ton, Vince 182* at a rate of more than a run a ball still. Let them get their ton and double ton respectively, push the lead over 500 and declare just before lunch I reckon?

• 2 weeks later...

116 all out chasing 155, what the f*cking hell was that all about? Inept batting.

By the way, can anyone tell me why Owais Shah is no longer featuring for us in the T20 – we could certainly have done with his experience today.

Edited by Halo Stickman

116 all out chasing 155, what the f*cking hell was that all about? Inept batting.

By the way, can anyone tell me why Owais Shah is no longer featuring for us in the T20 – we could certainly have done with his experience today.

Yeah I agree, surley Wheater for Bates, and switch Shah for Ervine as Ervine isn't going to bowl anyway. (actually I'd switch Shah for Maxwell, but that won't happen)

Yeah I agree, surley Wheater for Bates, and switch Shah for Ervine as Ervine isn't going to bowl anyway. (actually I'd switch Shah for Maxwell, but that won't happen)

Yep, Maxwell has been as useful as a cut dog so far this T20 season. What was your take on his run-out? I thought it was his fault but the Sky pundits seemed to be implicating Carbs.

Yep, Maxwell has been as useful as a cut dog so far this T20 season. What was your take on his run-out? I thought it was his fault but the Sky pundits seemed to be implicating Carbs.

Was driving, so didn't see it, listened on Solent. Maxwell is a tough one, coz you know he's due a big one soon ( i hope)

We seem to have gone to pieces - fist yesterday against Somerset and now today in the CC - some very sloppy batting. They all need a right rollicking!

Wow, Balcs & Thommo have currently put on 69, great effort. I sense our batting has got complacent in the last

few weeks. We are going to have to bowl like demons.