Hampshire CCC Season 2014

Weston Saint

Notts 197/2

With bowling like ours we might have well stayed at home, never improves season on season, never will I guess.

You really are a tedious grump aren't you? If you had watched the game you would have seen Patel and Hales hit perfectly decent bowling for sixes, which they have been doing to all sides this year, aided by a ridiculously short boundary. Their bowling was far worse but I doubt that shows up on Ceefax.

Well done boys. Great win. Now to decide where I am on the 23rd. We don't win at Edgbaston.

You really are a tedious grump aren't you? If you had watched the game you would have seen Patel and Hales hit perfectly decent bowling for sixes, which they have been doing to all sides this year, aided by a ridiculously short boundary. Their bowling was far worse but I doubt that shows up on Ceefax.

Well done boys. Great win. Now to decide where I am on the 23rd. We don't win at Edgbaston.

I'm hoping Saints make a mockery of such negativity too.

I can't watch games, that's the problem, I can only follow on Cricinfo and there you just get bare stats.

I can't watch games, that's the problem, I can only follow on Cricinfo and there you just get bare stats.

Doesn't explain the Kevin the teenager tone of this though:

"With bowling like ours we might have well stayed at home, never improves season on season, never will I guess."

Thought we let Notts get about 20 too many but proved wrong. How important was that drop when Vince was on 20. It came hard to Hales but he should have held it.

We are without Maxwell (not a big loss on this years form and Shah should be available) and Abbott for finals but we have a good squad

We beat Warwickshire at Edgbaston in T20 QF a few years back

I’m absolutely delighted with that win; the way we held our nerve during that run chase was fantastic! Does anyone know whether Hampshire will get an allocation of tickets for Finals Day that will go on general sale to non-members, or is it best for me to try to get tickets direct from Edgbaston etc?

I’m absolutely delighted with that win; the way we held our nerve during that run chase was fantastic! Does anyone know whether Hampshire will get an allocation of tickets for Finals Day that will go on general sale to non-members, or is it best for me to try to get tickets direct from Edgbaston etc?

Only enough for members last year so get on to Edgbaston. Although they are in it this time.

Had to listen to it on5 live. There was the usual anti Hants attitude ( god knows why this is) it was like a wake after the game. 30 mins post mortem of how Notts lost the game. Interviewd a couple of Notts players. I think the may have mentioned us just before finishing the show. God knows what sky will be like with David Lloyd & us playing Lancs! 5 finals on the trot, amazing achievement! Imagine if Surrey or Yorkshire had achieved this, youd never hear the end of it! (yes i do have a chip on my shoulder!)

Had to listen to it on5 live. There was the usual anti Hants attitude ( god knows why this is) it was like a wake after the game. 30 mins post mortem of how Notts lost the game. Interviewd a couple of Notts players. I think the may have mentioned us just before finishing the show. God knows what sky will be like with David Lloyd & us playing Lancs! 5 finals on the trot, amazing achievement! Imagine if Surrey or Yorkshire had achieved this, youd never hear the end of it! (yes i do have a chip on my shoulder!)

Sky are generally pretty good about Hampshire and today was no exception. Lot's of praise towards the boys and general recognition of what an achievement it is getting to the 5th finals day in a row. It helps having Corky on the team though!

Vince batted quite beautifully on a flat pitch which offered nothing for the bowlers. We didn't bowl well, but then again they bowled worse - what was Gurney thinking??

Who do you guys think we should replace Maxwell and Abbott with for finals day?

Sky are generally pretty good about Hampshire and today was no exception. Lot's of praise towards the boys and general recognition of what an achievement it is getting to the 5th finals day in a row. It helps having Corky on the team though!

Vince batted quite beautifully on a flat pitch which offered nothing for the bowlers. We didn't bowl well, but then again they bowled worse - what was Gurney thinking??

Who do you guys think we should replace Maxwell and Abbott with for finals day?

Agree with you regarding Sky coverage.

I reckon Shah and Dawson to replace Maxwell and Abbott.

I dis get a bit nervousness when smith faced three Dot balls . I was shouting at the tv to him , hit so we could get Vince down the other end . But he came thru thankfully

It's fair to say I was wanting him out so Coles could get on

Other that that well done to the royals

Me too except wanting him out - to be fair he was facing the last over of their best bowler though

Only enough for members last year so get on to Edgbaston. Although they are in it this time.

Cheers for info. I’ve checked out the Edgbaston site but they don’t seem to have tickets on general sale at the moment (although, frustratingly, the opening page says they do). Looks like it could be tricky getting tickets as a non-member.

I dis get a bit nervousness when smith faced three Dot balls . I was shouting at the tv to him , hit so we could get Vince down the other end . But he came thru thankfully

It's fair to say I was wanting him out so Coles could get on

Other that that well done to the royals

I started to get a little twitchy at that point too, although to be fair to Smith he seems to have a cool head on him, has generally been excellent for us this season and bowled pretty well today.

Cheers for info. I’ve checked out the Edgbaston site but they don’t seem to have tickets on general sale at the moment (although, frustratingly, the opening page says they do). Looks like it could be tricky getting tickets as a non-member.

Sadly its always like this, hence i gambled and got my tickets 2 months ago, relying on our track record. Good luck - bound to be some turning up for resale on various websites from others who gambled on their teams making it!

Sadly its always like this, hence i gambled and got my tickets 2 months ago, relying on our track record. Good luck - bound to be some turning up for resale on various websites from others who gambled on their teams making it!

Hat’s off to you Bucks Saint for taking that gamble; I’m kicking myself for not doing the same – considering out excellent record, I should have shown much more faith in our team.

Well played Vincey great knock - a bit of advice about Edgbaston - dont let restricted view tickets put you off - we did last year and couldnt see about a foot of the boundry. If driving head for the hospital loads of roads free and only about 10 minute walk

Just purchased my T20 Final tickets from Edgbaston! Thanks for the helpful advice about restricted viewing.

Shame about missing the WBA match – I was looking forward to seeing our new team of world beaters. Still, if Finals Day comes anywhere near our 2012 finals then it should be a sacrifice worth making.

Just purchased my T20 Final tickets from Edgbaston! Thanks for the helpful advice about restricted viewing.

Shame about missing the WBA match – I was looking forward to seeing our new team of world beaters. Still, if Finals Day comes anywhere near our 2012 finals then it should be a sacrifice worth making.

Good man! Have a feeling its our turn again, not sure why, in which case happy to miss WBA. Best mate over from Belfast, getting to Brum midday on Friday for a "gentle" day and night of warm up drinking...

They are going to do this with several overs to spare if we're not careful. Does anyone rate Coles?

Coles seems to blow hot and cold. Sadly, none of our bowlers seem to be performing well tonight, although I'm only following the match on cricinfo so maybe I'm doing the Leicestershire batsman a disservice

Edit: Hang on, looks like I was doing a disservice to Tomlinson and Smith!

Edit edit: No, as you were - O'Brien hits first 2 balls of Tomlinson's last over for 4 and 6 to win the match :(

Edited by Halo Stickman

Likewise, having scored less than 6 an over in the 50, it seemed a bit harsh to make Leicestershire chase at nearly 8, but looks like we bowled pretty poorly overall.

We have bowling poorly for several weeks now, fortunately for us our batsmen compensate on occasions but not always.