Hampshire CCC Season 2014

Weston Saint

To be fair chasing down 321 under lights im mid-August whem it starts getting a bit damp in the air takes some effort! At this point we need 20 off two overs, win or lose not many teams would get that close. My theory is Hants wouldnt mind giving this competition a miss. I think it's all about promotion this year. If I was Vince I wouldn't want another year in division 2, harder to get your England call-up.

We had it won and then relaxed and paid the price. Ervine cost us big time and after that we fell behind, at one stage that WASP forecast on Ssky gave us 94% likely winners and we managed to throw it

Yeah, we completely threw that away in the last 10 overs or so. But why the hell did Vince and Wheater try to smash every bloody ball when we only needed to score at just over a run a ball? They played so well up until the second power play and then totally lost the plot.

We've got them 50 for 3 with Wood taking two wickets. I remain unconvinced about Coles but maybe he will prove me wrong.

Yeah me too, but he's just taken a wicket! Really important we win this one, also good momentum for next week 20/20 final (which i'm going to, last time I went to a Hants final was 1991, that was a great day)

Haven't invited Kent to follow on - why not?? Well done Chris Wood - having a great match!
The lead was not enough. This is a decent wicket and if Kent got a good score we would have had last use. You turn the screw tomorrow, get a 400 plus lead and it should be another win.

Yeah I dont have a problem with not enforcing the follow on. If they had got 370, then a chase of 180 on a fourth day wicket might have been tense. I suppose the only concern would be the weather. If we lose some play then we may end up regretting not putting them in again.

Big day for the county today then, could be make or break day for the promotion campaign. We're in a really good position, need,what, another 160 or so and then give ourselves

about 4 and a half sessions to get them out. As DM would say, what Hants don't want to do now is lose early wickets this morning. Surrey win, not totally guaranteed really, depends how many more Leicester get for the few wickets remaining to them.

Looks like a good win for Hampshire. Meanwhile, it is pouring with rain at Leicester.

Good, hope it rains in Leicester for rest of afternoon (sorry Leicestersaint), Surrey still need another six wickets

Very handy 23 pts for Hants. Good to see the runs and wickets shared around as well.

Edited by Halo Stickman

Looks like a good win for Hampshire. Meanwhile, it is pouring with rain at Leicester.

Good, hope it rains in Leicester for rest of afternoon (sorry Leicestersaint), Surrey still need another six wickets

Very handy 23 pts for Hants. Good to see the runs and wickets shared around as well.

Edited by Halo Stickman

So then how long do we think the game at Leicester will go on before it's either run it's course, more rain or bad light?

I dunno Windows – I always get confused with the last day/minimum overs ruling when they’ve lost time for rain etc during the day. But I do know that Surrey have got their spinners on and still need 4 wickets, if that helps.

So then how long do we think the game at Leicester will go on before it's either run it's course, more rain or bad light?

I dunno Windows – I always get confused with the last day/minimum overs ruling when they’ve lost time for rain etc during the day. But I do know that Surrey have got their spinners on and still need 4 wickets, if that helps.

Surrey have still got Stuart Meaker on, he's taken 4 wickets so far, but he's bowled 20 of the 52 overs and has gone for 133 :uhoh: :lol:

Yep, Leicestershire have hit 23 fours off his bowling, so I imagine Surrey have got all their fielders around the bat.

It's great watching text cricket ain't it?

Surrey have still got Stuart Meaker on, he's taken 4 wickets so far, but he's bowled 20 of the 52 overs and has gone for 133 :uhoh: :lol:

Yep, Leicestershire have hit 23 fours off his bowling, so I imagine Surrey have got all their fielders around the bat.

It's great watching text cricket ain't it?