"It's what you do to a lolly-pop, and then add bum"

saintbletch

This was the conversation I eavesdropped on yesterday on a bus coming back from Southampton.

A young lady was sat behind me talking to a friend on her mobile. She was trying to describe, to her friend, some form of sexual act with her partner.

However as I'd had a few beers I was unable to determine if the perpetrator was the young lady or her partner.

The young lady obvious thought she was talking in some inscrutable code, but she didn't consider that Lord Turing of Bletchley himself was sitting in front of her.

I have a strong suspicion as to the act that she was describing, but I'm not completely sure as to the verb she was applying to the lolly-pop.

Any ideas?

P.S. Merry Xmas to the Muppets and a Merry Christmas to Scotty. x

This was the conversation I eavesdropped on yesterday on a bus coming back from Southampton.

A young lady was sat behind me talking to a friend on her mobile. She was trying to describe, to her friend, some form of sexual act with her partner.

However as I'd had a few beers I was unable to determine if the perpetrator was the young lady or her partner.

The young lady obvious thought she was talking in some inscrutable code, but she didn't consider that Lord Turing of Bletchley himself was sitting in front of her.

I have a strong suspicion as to the act that she was describing, but I'm not completely sure as to the verb she was applying to the lolly-pop.

Any ideas?

Surely this information should be on the "Player Personal Problems" thread. WAGS go by bus these days don't they, it's the new craze.

Sounds like a word similar to the surname as the Aston Villa goalkeeper of the 80's called Jimmy.

'Villa had a keeper called Jimmy Suck?

Or was it Jimmy Lick?

Or can you rim a lolly-pop?

Between you and me Katalinic, I suspect that the young lady in question was being asked to carry out the act on her partner, and she was asking her friend for advice.

She was speaking in that sort of youth patois where conversations are liberally littered with "literally", "actual", "eh, no", "I'm like", "I don't think so" and "he's like".

From what I managed to decode, the partner must have asked her to "play in goal for 'Villa" and she was like, eh, no, I don't think so.

Well, that's what she said to her friend anyway.

probably "spray with bleach and thoroughly scour"

You see, this is what makes The Muppet Show such a valuable resource; where posters feel able to share experiences from their own life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this advice was taken from your second book "Rim with Tim".

Thanks for sharing BTT!

Edited by saintbletch
Personal pronoun problems

'Villa had a keeper called Jimmy Suck?

Or was it Jimmy Lick?

Or can you rim a lolly-pop?

You see, this is what makes The Muppet Show such a valuable resource; where posters feel able to share experiences from their own life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this advice was taken from your second book "Rim with Tim".

Thanks for sharing BTT!

He obviously means Nigel Spink, so whatever that means in today's yoofspeak must have been what was required.

He wants to Nigel Spink me.... really oh no you don't want to do that girl. That's gross.

He obviously means Nigel Spink, so whatever that means in today's yoofspeak must have been what was required.

He wants to Nigel Spink me.... really oh no you don't want to do that girl. That's gross.

Thanks Confessions.

I should have known that our very own Robin Askwith would have the complete list of sexual perversions committed to memory.

Is that where the phrase "Spink the pink" comes from?

• 3 weeks later...

Any ideas?

It's "bum-lick" isn't it. Are you sure she was describing a sexual act? It's a term commonly used to describe, well, what you Brit's would adorably describe as "kissing ass", or "sucking up" - with similar connotations. Also are you sure it was a she? Can you be sure of anything these days Bletchy, you old rascal!

The most amazing thing about it was not who is licking whose bum or not, It is that bletchy was on a bus!

It was the first omnibus I'd been on for many a year Toke. I was out for Xmas beers in Southampton with a mate who lives on the route. Plus we'd had a bit too much to try to find a taxi.

It wasn't like the old charabancs that took us to the coast in the old days. It was thoroughly modern and had "wide-fi" and everything. My only complaint concerned the look I received from the driver/conductor when I asked where the first class accommodation was. He told me that I could sit with the pushchairs if I wanted, which I did, but nobody came to serve drinks!

It's "bum-lick" isn't it. Are you sure she was describing a sexual act? It's a term commonly used to describe, well, what you Brit's would adorably describe as "kissing ass", or "sucking up" - with similar connotations. Also are you sure it was a she? Can you be sure of anything these days Bletchy, you old rascal!

Ah Deano6, you snooker refereeing, maths obsessive, you!

Interesting that an evil maths genius and logician like you would attempt to think outside the "box", as it were. But I think I can assure you that this was not, as 'we Brits' adorably call it "bum licking" (as in kissing arse*). Although I can see from the facts that I've shared thus far how you might reach that conclusion.

The lady in question was talking very guardedly about how "he" wanted to, "you know, do that thing". "He" was clearly the boyfriend, and "that thing" clearly wasn't him trying to ingratiate himself upon her (kissing her metaphorical arse).

She was obviously trying to be surreptitious and communicate in an elaborate code, but she wasn't very good at it (lolly pops and add bum! FFS!). I was able to eavesdrop and hear it all as I was doing my best to play the role of the middle-aged man passed out in the pushchair rack, having fought and lost the battle of Staropramen.

If I was a betting man, which I am Deano6, I'd wager that she was being asked to perform the act, rather than herself being asked to pretend to be her boyfriend's everlasting Milky Way Magic Star.

I will however concede that I cannot be 100% certain that she was a she. It's even possible that he/she posed for some of Toke's art photos that he's sharing via PM.

*Please note the correct spelling and correct pronunciation of this word.