PS4 or XBOX One

Batman

I'm still using my 360, would you say the 'advances' in technology in either the PS4 or Xbox one warrant the £350 it costs to upgrade. I'm toying with the idea but genuinely dont believe, from what I've seen, they are that much better then either the PS3 or 360.

Both machines are magnitudes more powerful than their forebears.

Besides, we're not going to have games for the older machines.

This comparison, of old gen vs new gen for one game, may be useful.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-dogs-ps3-vs-ps4

You've had your day out, now fúck off home.

(repeat until you're bored)

Draw your own conclusions for anyone who resorts to abuse so quickly (as shown in the first 2 pages of this thread too); alternatively read the full thread and see what anyone even having the temerity to suggest that the Xbox might actually be OK (based on actual ownership and useage) gets back

Judging from people who played the destiny beta on both consoles it seems most are moving for the one version even with the Sony timed exclusivity on dlc.

Especially now resolution parity is hitting too.

Draw your own conclusions for anyone who resorts to abuse so quickly (as shown in the first 2 pages of this thread too); alternatively read the full thread and see what anyone even having the temerity to suggest that the Xbox might actually be OK (based on actual ownership and useage) gets back

Indeed. Draw your own conclusions about those that get that arsed about a failed console.

The million dollar question:

Would you now honestly advocate someone getting a One over a PS4, if financially constrained?

Historically, look at how Sony failed to significantly update the ps3 over the years. So far with the ps4 they've managed to win the useless (to most) blue light on the task of the controller, where as the xbox one has had mostly updates based on user requests.

Judging from people who played the destiny beta on both consoles it seems most are moving for the one version even with the Sony timed exclusivity on dlc.

Especially now resolution parity is hitting too.

Links, or you're talking shít.

Links, or you're talking shít.

The power of the consoles is the same now. So people are effectively choosing by best controller.

The fact the xbox gets monthly improvement helps too.

Shame playstation turned down Ea access too. Xbox one users get full access to some Ea games for £4 a month.

The power of the consoles is the same now. So people are effectively choosing by best controller.

The fact the xbox gets monthly improvement helps too.

Shame playstation turned down Ea access too. Xbox one users get full access to some Ea games for £4 a month.

So basically, you have no basis for your earlier comments apart from an XBox one reddit feed :)

Let's have the evidence for widespread resolution parity too, shall we?

Nice work, Nolan. I think everyone knows where the smart money went. Wasn't used to buy XBox Ones.

So basically, you have no basis for your earlier comments apart from an XBox one reddit feed :)

Let's have the evidence for widespread resolution parity too, shall we?

Nice work, Nolan. I think everyone knows where the smart money went. Wasn't used to buy XBox Ones.

Yes, I hold my head low and admit the comments were from users of both consoles on a credit feed known for a high presence of ps4 users (becoming ex ps4 users at quite a rate).

While you concentrate on that bombshell, here is the story on the destiny 1080p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-destinys-xbox-one-resolution-raised-after-kinect-gpu-reserve-removal

Yes, I hold my head low and admit the comments were from users of both consoles on a credit feed known for a high presence of ps4 users (becoming ex ps4 users at quite a rate).

While you concentrate on that bombshell, here is the story on the destiny 1080p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-destinys-xbox-one-resolution-raised-after-kinect-gpu-reserve-removal

I love the way you still feel this is a debate.

Same question to you that Bucks avoided.

Would you now honestly advocate someone getting a One over a PS4, if financially constrained?

That's what this thread is about.

I love the way you still feel this is a debate.

Same question to you that Bucks avoided.

That's what this thread is about.

I have not avoided anything apart from the personal abuse that you love to dish out to anyone who does share your deep seated love of the PS4. My view remains as it has been throughout, I can see that there are merits to both consoles and it depends on what the user wants. I cant be bothered to rehash all of the pages of reasons why on here, which anyone can read. I would just say again that its particularly worth reading the views of people who own the console that they praise, or criticise

I have not avoided anything apart from the personal abuse that you love to dish out to anyone who does share your deep seated love of the PS4. My view remains as it has been throughout, I can see that there are merits to both consoles and it depends on what the user wants. I cant be bothered to rehash all of the pages of reasons why on here, which anyone can read. I would just say again that its particularly worth reading the views of people who own the console that they praise, or criticise

Answer the question, dude.

I have done. It depends on what the buyer wants. The merits of each, which will not appeal to every buyer, are spelt out at length in these 8 pages

Yeah, most people come on here to express an opinion, not collect splinters from fence panels in their rectal cavities.

Most of your input on here has either been teeny snipes at me (the good stuff) or just fúcking wholly inaccurate (the shít stuff).

You won't recommend the One above the PS4 because:-

1) You know I'm right

2) You don't want to catch shít for advising people to buy an inferior machine

What were you saying about rested cases?

Yeah, most people come on here to express an opinion, not collect splinters from fence panels in their rectal cavities.

Most of your input on here has either been teeny snipes at me (the good stuff) or just fúcking wholly inaccurate (the shít stuff).

1) You know I'm right

Open minded and non abusive as ever. Good to know you are consistent at least.

1) You know I'm right

Good Luck in finding a future game that doesn't have resolution parity. That non issue is sorted.

The inferior console is the one that can only be updated once in a blue moon.

Yes I know that you dont accept any view that differs from yours.

Yeah, I do. This thread alone has examples; corrupted save files and broken down controllers. If anything, it has been the stoic defenders of the XBox One that have refused to budge. Shít, you're not even talking about consoles anymore, and there is a very good reason for that; you've no case to make.

I've qualified my points throughout. The thread is called XBox One or PS4. I've stuck my neck out and said which one I think people should buy.

If you're not in a position where you can answer that question without a whole lot of "depends", then this thread is not for you, my chum. Give a recommendation or try a less demanding issue. I'm easy either way.

Yeah, I do. This thread alone has examples; corrupted save files and broken down controllers. If anything, it has been the stoic defenders of the XBox One that have refused to budge. Shít, you're not even talking about consoles anymore, and there is a very good reason for that; you've no case to make.

I've qualified my points throughout. The thread is called XBox One or PS4. I've stuck my neck out and said which one I think people should buy.

If you're not in a position where you can answer that question without a whole lot of "depends", then this thread is not for you, my chum. Give a recommendation or try a less demanding issue. I'm easy either way.

I have given my view, but I do appreciate that it does not compute for you, because it is not PS4 every time for everyone. Sorry I will try my best to agree 100% on other things, which amazingly I do sometimes on other threads.

I have given my view, but I do appreciate that it does not compute for you, because it is not PS4 every time for everyone. Sorry I will try my best to agree 100% on other things, which amazingly I do sometimes on other threads.

Ah FFS, Bucks - cut it out.

Try to put this thread in context. I've spotted a foaming fanboy in Nolan spouting nonsense about the XBox One being the better purchase, despite the fact that at the time, it was more expensive, less powerful and had stuff that didn't work properly. I said that the PS4 would leap massively ahead in sales. It did, and it still is way out there in front, despite all the u-turns and desperate attempts to claw some market share back. It's now getting outsold by the PS4 in its strongest market week on week.

As I've said from the start, I'll get a One when decent exclusives start to land; really depends if Fable is any good. It will only ever be an exclusives machine, tho'. Not worth turning it on for anything else.

If it was someone wanting a next gen console for their kid, I'd be gutted if someone accidentally bought a One because of something Nolan said.

At least you label all your posts 'pap' you're very honest with that.

And I'm glad your xbox one purchase will be coming so soon.

I see you put as much research into your put-downs as you do your console purchases.

Next time, consult the following. Plenty to go with here. I particularly like the ones centred around nipples.

papdef.png

Whatever. Just stop taking the píss badly.

• 1 month later...

I've got both but it's more rewarding playing on the xbone.

Why?

Interface is easier to navigate with Kinect voice but the biggie is...

Instant on. WTF has the ps4 NOT got that?

I've got ten or 20 mins to play a bit of TLoU on the PS4, but. 5 of that is loading the save up.

Xbox is on and playing from exactly where I left off when I turned off, instantly.

It's just more usable

Microsoft have pulled a rabbit out of the hat in terms of media server / dlna functionality. And the current user interface is second to none. Game wise, graphics have now pretty much reached parity.

And halo, Sunset overdrive, Forza horizon on top of the multiple platform games.

The market has spoken. 10 million PS4's in homes, 1 million of those in UK homes.

All MS have got in the tank now is paying a lot of money to companies to stop things from being released on the PS4 for a bit.

Industrial bribery, essentially. Tells you almost as much as them sales figures.

The market has spoken. 10 million PS4's in homes, 1 million of those in UK homes.

All MS have got in the tank now is paying a lot of money to companies to stop things from being released on the PS4 for a bit.

Industrial bribery, essentially. Tells you almost as much as them sales figures.

The market also give the impression that One Direction are a good music act. ..

Brilliant if you haven't forked out on an XBOX One.

Wow you really resent people having fun on the xbox one don't you. ..

Everything people have wanted on it. Microsoft have done.

Sony users, you've got your dash themes, and you'll shortly have your 'stability' update.

I, along with many other people know we've made the right long term choice, for a workable, adaptable, games console and media centre.

Edited by Nolan

Wow you really recent people having fun on the xbox one don't you. ..

Everything people have wanted on it. Microsoft have done.

Sony users, you've got your dash themes, and you'll shortly have your 'stability' update.

I, along with many other people know we've made the right long term choice, for a workable, adaptable, games console and media centre.

Nah. I'll get on myself when they drop below £200. Christmas, probs :)

The ps4 controller has got that cool feature of a speaker in it.. Works really well in the last of us/left behind DLC

The touch pad? Meh

GFX between the two ? You'd be hard pressed to spot the difference between them

It's down to the exclusives. I like naughty dog games, so the PS4 is a must have... But as a console, the xbox is easier to live with; the os is just better.

Good example is when PSN is down, last of us hangs on the splash screen.. No explanation.

The xbox will tell you is there's a network issue and at least you can play your offline content with no problems

• 2 weeks later...
Historically, look at how Sony failed to significantly update the ps3 over the years. So far with the ps4 they've managed to win the useless (to most) blue light on the task of the controller, where as the xbox one has had mostly updates based on user requests.

Just gonna put this here:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2556089/did_destiny_sell_more_on_ps4_or_xbox_one.html

UK Sales of Destiny: 46% PS4, 36% XBOne…

Had both consoles since launch but my XBOne has been gathering dust since I played Titanfall in March.

There's not a lot in it now due to Microsoft's infamous 180s on pretty much all their anti-consumer policies of 2013 and the constant patching that the XBOne has received since its release but I still much prefer the PS4 myself.

The UI on the XBOne is complete garbage, everything is hidden away and über confusing, the best way to navigate is with Kinect but it doesn't understand me most of the time and it's extremely frustrating having to repeat myself more than 3 times for a simple command.

The XBOne controller is not as good as the 360 controller, the sticks are too long, the bumpers feel weird and you can't press them properly and the haptic feedback on the triggers is a complete and utter gimmick, and incredibly annoying.

The UI on the PS4 is über quick, snappy and everything just feels more intuitive and user friendly to me, the PS4 controller is better in pretty much every single way as well. Yes the Touchpad is redundant but the rest of the controller is so tight I couldn't really care less if they never fully utilise it.

No M$ excluives apart from Forza Horizon 2 interest me either, just 'meh' across the board. Whereas PS4 has BLOODBORNE, BLOOD F_UCKING BORNE from the director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Edited by BlakeySFC

Just gonna put this here:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2556089/did_destiny_sell_more_on_ps4_or_xbox_one.html

UK Sales of Destiny: 46% PS4, 36% XBOne…

I know. Sony must be incredibly P'd off with those numbers.

Sony paid for exclusive advertising rights (Microsoft weren't allowed to admit the game was even coming to the platform it seems). Sony paid for timed Exclusive content. They have a reportedly massive lead on Xbox One. A percentage lead that would surely mean they should have had a bigger percentage than 46% to 36%. or roughly 4 copies sold on Xbox One for every 5 copies sold on PS4.

Why were sony players avoiding the game?

Then add the fact that the game sold 14% on Xbox 360, and 4% on PS3. Thats a total of 50% on Sony and 50% on Xbox.

Can Sony afford to spend money so unwisely on exclusivity deals?

no i think the point you made nolan about the xbox one being the players choice look a load of rubbish oh and also on your point of console parity..... http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/lords_of_the_fallen/news/lords_of_the_fallen_is_900p_on_xbox_one_1080p_on_ps4.html i thought the console are now equal. i think you will find your both have provided enough evidence that you dont know what you are on about. oh and yes the xbox has had a lot more updates but it had alot of catching up to do.

Unless Sony pull their finger out their a**e any time soon & start supporting DLNA, I will be trading in my PS4 for an Xbox One !!

Let me know when you do. I'll film it. There's a good chance that a couple of the game shop staff will faint on the spot.

ta62tag.jpg

• 3 weeks later...