This Season's What If's

Gemmel

I know, know, it works both ways, but as great as a season that we have had, the "What If's'" are mounting up....... Champions league doesn't quite look as stupid as it did pre season when you start adding these up.

1) Southampton 1 sunderland 1 - How? Totally battered them and absolutely deserved the three points. Ironically, we needed a last minute goal to rescue a point.

2)Norwich 1 Southampton0 - By all accounts we deserved to lose and not a great performance, but a stonewall penalty not given.

3) Southampton 0 West ham 0 - Another How?????? Completely dominated and battered them, but they might have stole it at the end.

4) Stoke 1 Southampton 1 - Being doing this for 35 years, could do it for another 100 and I will never see as freaky goal as the opener.

5) Southampton 2 Aston Villa - LMFAO - Same as above, how we didn't win that match is a mystery.

6) Southampton 2 Tottenham 3 - Can think of any real defining moments, out side of the fact we deserved a point and were unlucky not to get one.

7) Everton 2 Southampton 1 - Clattenburg you cock. Great game deserved a point.

8) Sunderland 2 Southampton 2 - Smashed, , battered and ripped them a new arse and ended up with a point.

9) Southampton 2 Stoke 2 - Should have one simple as that.

That's 16 points and we would be in third.

Before anyone takes this to seriously, it is just a laugh......

That's a fail I'm afraid turkish

Why? It was a genuine question.

Sunderland will look at our game at home and think if only they held on for another minute, west ham, if only

Collins had hit he back of the next rather than row z in the 86th minute, Man United, if only Rooney shot at 1-0 up had been a couple of inch lower instead of hitting the bar, etc

Why? It was a genuine question.

Sunderland will look at our game at home and think if only they held on for another minute, west ham, if only

Collins had hit he back of the next rather than row z in the 86th minute, Man United, if only Rooney shot at 1-0 up had been a couple of inch lower instead of hitting the bar, etc

Put this one to the list Gemmel. Man Uniteds goal was offside ;)

That's a fail I'm afraid turkish

Put this one to the list Gemmel. Man Uniteds goal was offside ;)

Okay replace It with chamak (however it's spelt) rounding Boruc and scoring which was easier rather than diving and being booked to put palace 1-0 up.

Read the first six words

So you're saying if we'd got every decision, taken all our chances, opponents had missed theirs, we'd won every game we should have won and also still won every game we shouldn't have won, we'd be doing so much better, yes?

Okay replace It with chamak (however it's spelt) rounding Boruc and scoring which was easier rather than diving and being booked to put palace 1-0 up.

You think we would have no chance what so ever turning that game around if that had happened?

Of course we can discuss this back and forth but I think his post on this was more "what if we had had more luck going our way" and the fact that the games he put up on the list were games where we in most cases were the better team.

So you're saying if we'd got every decision, taken all our chances, opponents had missed theirs, we'd won every game we should have won and also still won every game we shouldn't have won, we'd be doing so much better, yes?

Have a rest mush..... Read the opening and closing lines.

You think we would have no chance what so ever turning that game around if that had happened?

Of course we can discuss this back and forth but I think his post on this was more "what if we had had more luck going our way" and the fact that the games he put up on the list were games where we in most cases were the better team.

No I'm not saying that at all but palace will look at that as potentially 3 points or at least one thrown away, the same way gemmel is. 1-0 up is a different game.

Only game where I think we were 'lucky' was Swansea at home.

The proof of the pudding is in our GD that is up there with the Man U-Everton-Spurs group and the fact that we have the most draws in the league while dominating the possession tables. Which is to say on balance we were closer to turning draws into wins than losing from drawing positions.

Admittedly we didn't do enough in some of those games to deserve the win -too little bite in the final third; but I count at least 5-8 points that we probably left on the table.

Edited by shurlock

There have been a few games we've completely dominated and only had to take 1 of our multiple chances to have come away with a win instead of a draw.

The biggest one was the Villa game. 99/100 we'd have won that. Just a complete freak of a game.

Hopefully we're saving our luck for the FA Cup.

Arsenal 2 Saints 0: What if Boruc had put his foot through the ball as Giroud approached' date=' and Shaw hadn't got injured, could we have snatched a win and gone top?[/quote']

If Lovren had been fit that day too.

I know, know, it works both ways, but as great as a season that we have had, the "What If's'" are mounting up....... Champions league doesn't quite look as stupid as it did pre season when you start adding these up.

1) Southampton 1 sunderland 1 - How? Totally battered them and absolutely deserved the three points. Ironically, we needed a last minute goal to rescue a point.

2)Norwich 1 Southampton0 - By all accounts we deserved to lose and not a great performance, but a stonewall penalty not given.

3) Southampton 0 West ham 0 - Another How?????? Completely dominated and battered them, but they might have stole it at the end.

4) Stoke 1 Southampton 1 - Being doing this for 35 years, could do it for another 100 and I will never see as freaky goal as the opener.

5) Southampton 2 Aston Villa - LMFAO - Same as above, how we didn't win that match is a mystery.

6) Southampton 2 Tottenham 3 - Can think of any real defining moments, out side of the fact we deserved a point and were unlucky not to get one.

7) Everton 2 Southampton 1 - Clattenburg you cock. Great game deserved a point.

8) Sunderland 2 Southampton 2 - Smashed, , battered and ripped them a new arse and ended up with a point.

9) Southampton 2 Stoke 2 - Should have one simple as that.

That's 16 points and we would be in third.

Before anyone takes this to seriously, it is just a laugh......

What he said

Villa is the one that really grates. And Sunderland away. What is so pleasing is that we haven't had any proper doings. Chelsea did us fair and square but even those games weren't batterings.

Annoying the top 6 are so consistent as could easily be on course to challenge for that.