Ross Barkley wonder goal

Barry the Badger

Am I missing something? I didn't think it was that good. Seen numerous press references to Maradona v England today, which I cannot fathom. Hype hype hype.

Perhaps I'm being a miserable bastard, but I don't see how this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b67GQaghB8

Is in any way truly comparable to this.

In reality, it is surely more comparable to this...

It was good goal! I have drafted him into my world cup team cos of this goal! My World Cup team is now:

---ROONEY---STURRIDGE---WELLBZ

---LALLANA---GERRARD---BARKLEY

BAINES---JAGIELKA---CAHILL---JOHNSON

-----------------HART

Fairly decent goals are quite often hyped up too much, there was nothing Maradona-esque about tht at all. The only goal I've seen come close to Maradona was by Leo Messi against Getafe, in fact I even prefer it to the one scored by the fat Argie ******.

Look how crazy the media went for Rooneys volley at the weekend, which we've seen Beattie do against Sunderland and Chelsea, even skate Matt Taylor done the same once, yet people think it's better than Beckham's legendary goal against Wimbledon. Not even close IMO.

As far as I can see, he didn't have to beat a single player other than the 'keeper. One guy chasing behind him, never put a challenge in. Right sided CB stood off him, completely static and didn't get within 3 yards. Left sided CB just fell over. Some decent skill dribbling at that pace but nothing out of this world.

Not as good as Maradonna, Anders and Owen's similar goals.

As far as I can see, he didn't have to beat a single player other than the 'keeper. One guy chasing behind him, never put a challenge in. Right sided CB stood off him, completely static and didn't get within 3 yards. Left sided CB just fell over. Some decent skill dribbling at that pace but nothing out of this world.

Not as good as Maradonna, Anders and Owen's similar goals.

Which Anders goal?

If it is the one I mentioned, he didn't beat a man either. Spurs just stood off and let him run at them.

Apologies if it is a different one.

Which Anders goal?

If it is the one I mentioned, he didn't beat a man either. Spurs just stood off and let him run at them.

Apologies if it is a different one.

No, you're right. In my mind he skipped past a couple of defenders at the start of that move. Roses tinted glasses and all that. Yes, very similar goals.

No, you're right. In my mind he skipped past a couple of defenders at the start of that move. Roses tinted glasses and all that. Yes, very similar goals.

I thought the same thing. re-watched it just before I made my initial post, and yeah it is just really shoddy defending.

Still always really liked Anders though.

I thought the same thing. re-watched it just before I made my initial post, and yeah it is just really shoddy defending.

Still always really liked Anders though.

Scored a similar one (perhaps beating a man along the way) away to Leicester too I think?