The 14/15 Goalkeeper HCDAJFU thread

Rasiak-9-

If they do it'll be competition. They're always signing players but not many leave.

And if Hart left he'd walk straight into a trophy winning team elsewhere.

What makes you say that?

Because why would stoke sell unless it was to one of the big clubs? Stoke see us as a rival, would we sell Schneiderlin to villa for example?

Because why would stoke sell unless it was to one of the big clubs? Stoke see us as a rival, would we sell Schneiderlin to villa for example?

Talking with a Stoke fan through work back in January, he said there was a widely held view amongst their supporters that the club had resisted bids last summer, but 'gentleman's agreement with the player that he'd stay another season for them. The Stoke board perhaps hopeful another good season and a world cup might raise his value.

Why would they sell to us ? Simple answer is £££ , if we offer more - or better terms - than another club, I don't suppose they'd give a monkeys whose money it is.

Talking with a Stoke fan through work back in January, he said there was a widely held view amongst their supporters that the club had resisted bids last summer, but 'gentleman's agreement with the player that he'd stay another season for them. The Stoke board perhaps hopeful another good season and a world cup might raise his value.

Why would they sell to us ? Simple answer is £££ , if we offer more - or better terms - than another club, I don't suppose they'd give a monkeys whose money it is.

But why would Begovic, probably one of the best keepers in the PL, sign for a club who are barely above the one he's currently playing for. He'll have his pick of clubs, he'll go to one who are playing European football. Everton I expect, Howard is getting on a bit now.

But why would Begovic, probably one of the best keepers in the PL, sign for a club who are barely above the one he's currently playing for. He'll have his pick of clubs, he'll go to one who are playing European football. Everton I expect, Howard is getting on a bit now.

The question I was responding to was "why would Stoke sell to us" rather than would he join us, which is quite different.

Villa aren't a close rival. We'd resist selling Schneiderlin to anyone but could end up selling him to Spurs/Arsenal/Everton/Utd, a team that's above us but not miles away. That's how I see us in relation to Stoke.

Stump up the cash (which would have to be considerable, to be fair) and we'd have every chance of getting him.

Fabianski's always looked decent when he's played but would have to prove a lot to earn his place. I suppose that's exactly what we're looking for, though. Schmeichel will stay at Leicester.

Edited by DuncanRG