Monty Python Live

sussexsaint

"Found this spoon, sir!"

That is utterly wonderful, in fact that whole film is a work of barely equalled genius - so many wonderful lines and vignettes - the fact that it enraged the church was just an added bonus.

'he has a wife you know?'

That is utterly wonderful, in fact that whole film is a work of barely equalled genius - so many wonderful lines and vignettes - the fact that it enraged the church was just an added bonus.

'he has a wife you know?'

It's still the funniest film I've ever seen. I've got so much admiration for the way they went about their films too; whatever the setting, just fill it full of British people with contemporary accents and views. On what other level would "leave that Welsh tart alone" even work?

I also took Latin at school, which makes the whole Romanes Eunt Domus bit extremely funny. Well, funnier than the past pluperfect anyways :)

Have got tickets for this as couldn't afford to go to the real deal - surprise for the wife who is a big fan.

Looking forward to it, although slightly apprehensive because there's no way it can ever be as good as the original series or films...

I saw Monty Python do a live show at the St. Lawrence Centre in Toronto in June, 1973. One of the highlights was Eric Idle doing the Travel Agent Sketch.

I saw them at The Gaumont (now The Mayflower) in April 1973. Had front row tickets and can remember them brushing past my legs as they were leading Eric Idle away at the end of the travel agents rant! Great night.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's still the funniest film I've ever seen. I've got so much admiration for the way they went about their films too; whatever the setting, just fill it full of British people with contemporary accents and views. On what other level would "leave that Welsh tart alone" even work?

I also took Latin at school, which makes the whole Romanes Eunt Domus bit extremely funny. Well, funnier than the past pluperfect anyways :)

Idem. Best comedy film ever made. It's one that once you start watching you can't stop.

• 1 month later...

July 5th approaches :) the more I read about it and see clips of them rehearsing stuff the more I'm sure this is going to be epic. All told its going to be 3 hours ! Stephen Hawking as recorded bits for the galaxy song and they are auctioning off chances to be a 'Bruce' for charity. Watched Meaning of life with the boy on Saturday as part of his 'homework' , he was in stitches - forgotten quite how many fantastic bits were in there. It was great watching them with someone who hadn't seen it before - he nearly choked laughing at 'Oh God, ooo you are so big , gosh we're all really impressed down here I can tell you'

Looks like a pain in the arse venue to get in and out of though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...