impact of new manager on attracting players?

NickG

The bookies have Koeman as our new manager. Would such a well known ex-player benefit us when trying to attract new players?

Particularly Dutch players? Even looking at the team he has just left, would he want to / be able to sign these?

LB, Daryl Janmaat, 24, linked with £3m move to Arsenal as contract nearing end.

LB/CB Bruno Martin Indi, 22, linked with top clubs for around £8m.

AM, Jordy Classic, 22, Hollands Xavi, linked with Man U for £12m.

Elsewhere in Holland, CF, Depay, 20, linked with Man U for £15m.

That's 4 players for £38m.

If we are losing Lambert, Shaw, Lallana, Osvaldo for about £60m, another £22m just of new money to spend.

Saw highly rated CB Stefan de verijs linked with £6m move. Seems some good deals with dutch players. (Fit in better than Italian / Spanish?).

Not sure of de Boer as manager but there maybe 'big name' in Holland benefits.

We know English players plus premier league experience costs, maybe why board will want to use this to our advantage and balance squad?

We attracted Gaston and Osvaldo 2 internationals - didn't do us much good.

This is why I am worried if we go for Hughton, Mackay, Mclaren as no way can I see them getting what we

need.

Moyes also for me we need someone to run the club apart from Reed - Moyes has that experience we require

and wont bugger off in 18 months if doing well. We might get the frizzy haired goal scorer flop Fellaini from Man U on the cheap as well.:D

Looks like we will need the new manager to bring some players with him. Kpeman is a good draw obviously for dutch players.

But i agree with Batman. Given the loss of key players managers coaches and the morale issue- plus the fairly obvious confusion upstairs at the highest level they need a credible epl operator who is someone who can hit the ground running in the EPl and stop the rot. That man is Moyes.

The bookies have Koeman as our new manager. Would such a well known ex-player benefit us when trying to attract new players?

Particularly Dutch players? Not sure of de Boer as manager but there maybe 'big name' in Holland benefits.

We know English players plus premier league experience costs, maybe why board will want to use this to our advantage and balance squad?

How are Koeman or de Boer viewed in Holland as coaches, revered or with indifference ?

Was looking at Koeman's managerial track record on Wikipedia last night. Doesn't seem to have set the world alight in his managerial career and doesn't seem to stay anywhere longer than a couple of seasons (which seems to be all the rage these days anyway....). Doesn't mean he couldn't do a decent job for us though of course.

Was looking at Koeman's managerial track record on Wikipedia last night. Doesn't seem to have set the world alight in his managerial career and doesn't seem to stay anywhere longer than a couple of seasons (which seems to be all the rage these days anyway....). Doesn't mean he couldn't do a decent job for us though of course.

Length of tenure has changed and even though MoPo wasn't even with us for 18 months, he was still the 7th (I think) longest serving Premiership manager! Although the main reason for that was Clubs sacking managers, as opposed to managers moving on!