How did we get on today ?

Ed Rooney

Lambert scored a cracker of a free kick against us, but Messi levelled the scores at half time. Ramirez gave the ball away too much but he will come good eventually, Cork should have started the game. Wanyamas passing was woeful again. Respectable draw away from home first game of the season.

Lallana got 2, Lambert got 10 and Lovren got 8.

But Pelle Scored 21

FT - L'Pool 20 - 21 Southampton

I thought Pelle was poor actually apart from his finishing. Too soon to say he is a dud, but not impressive.

Dany N'Guessan was great though. What an inspired signing, was great versus Leverkusen and again today.

A few "ins" to even out the "outs" would be nice, it's becoming a little bit nauseating seeing the Crown Jewels walk out of the door.

i know, but players will come. I am not ITK but know that we will not start the season with as weak a side as many people on this forum seem to believe. It would have been nice to do business early, BUT we have held out for right price for us and not let players go on the cheap. FAR from it! letting players go on the cheap has been saints before? Not the saints now. Maybe many of our signings were involved in the World Cup final or third and fourth place play off, hence why they are not over the line yet. How nice would that be, saints with players that have been involved in those sort of games. 3 that were sold were not even regulars for a side that didn't even make it out the group...

God as a club we have had some proper **** players represent us and been in some real **** times and seen some really poor saints teams play in the top tier of England. But in the past we never had as much money, a football legend as manager with many many contacts, a top of the range training facility.

Some may do well to remember what we have been, these are the most positive times I have had as a saints fan for over 30 years.

Before we had terrible players BUT we unfortunately had to stick with them as we couldn't buy anything else.