JayRod loves Mopo

saint_ed

In which case it will be interesting to see Spuds win everything this year and Poch goes on to maange Argentina and win the world cup. We finished mid table and got dumped out of the cups yet the man is a footballing genious? Remind me again JRod about how much Poch has won in the game please.

He's clearly poisoned the mind of his favourites once he knew he was off. Afterall, why would he want to see the club improve even further after his departure, particularly when his new club would have effectively been our rivals from a league position sense.

You have to give it to him, he's pretty calculated and conniving.

In which case it will be interesting to see Spuds win everything this year and Poch goes on to maange Argentina and win the world cup. We finished mid table and got dumped out of the cups yet the man is a footballing genious? Remind me again JRod about how much Poch has won in the game please.

I was listening to one of the better programmes on Talk****e, and one of the pundits mused how well MP will do at Spuds saying that the success that he had at Saints was largely down to the set up already in place. While there might be some truth to that, I do think it a little disingenuous as he is widely reported to be quite the tactician.

I was listening to one of the better programmes on Talk****e, and one of the pundits mused how well MP will do at Spuds saying that the success that he had at Saints was largely down to the set up already in place. While there might be some truth to that, I do think it a little disingenuous as he is widely reported to be quite the tactician.

Is he though? He did seem to be a bit of a one trick pony and I did wonder how he would deal with more and more teams working out how to counter the high pressing game. His tactics worked well away from home but all too often we came unstuck at home against weaker opposition. Perhaps with better players in depth he will show us what he is made of. He did luck out when he came to us as the basis was already there. He without doubt built on that. Different situation at Spuds so will be very interested to see how he gets on there!

Is he though? He did seem to be a bit of a one trick pony and I did wonder how he would deal with more and more teams working out how to counter the high pressing game. His tactics worked well away from home but all too often we came unstuck at home against weaker opposition. Perhaps with better players in depth he will show us what he is made of. He did luck out when he came to us as the basis was already there. He without doubt built on that. Different situation at Spuds so will be very interested to see how he gets on there!

We were on of few teams to actually have a clear playing style, which is certainly a decent achievement. Plus, he improved some players immeasurably, or at least put them in a system they could shine in.

Little doubt that he is a very good coach. Time will tell, but he could be superb. Or he could be found out a bit. But he certainly got us playing the best football Ive seen Saints play in the top flight in 20 years.

Sometimes you end up at the right place at the right time. Lawrie Mac did very well here but tried the same at Sunderland and came unstuck. Perhaps if they had given him more time it would have worked, we shall never know. We shall aso never know if he (Poch) could have taken us further but we will find out what he can do with Spuds. There is no doubt that he managed to get the best of of a number of players (not all though) and he did well in his one full season here. The fact remains though that he has yet to win anything. Talk to Fergie about potential and realising potential - Pochettino now has to deliver and he wont do that by playing weakened teams in FA cup matches ;)

He's clearly poisoned the mind of his favourites once he knew he was off. Afterall, why would he want to see the club improve even further after his departure, particularly when his new club would have effectively been our rivals from a league position sense.

You have to give it to him, he's pretty calculated and conniving.

This has been confirmed. It happened in January. He was never going to stay once Cortese left.

I agree that the "weaker" sides were quite happy having a very very deep back 5, 6 or more sitting on the 18 yard box, and we did seem to have a lot of difficulty sometimes breaking that down. And yes, Spuds a different situation, and as Talk****e very patronisingly said, that the big clubs experience different pressures and expectations unlike at Saints, so who knows what might happen. I read in one of these ****e articles, that the clique he had Saints probably only worked because of our small stature and the small stature of our players and this wouldn't be so easy at a big club with big players.

As I said in another piece, Pochettino should arguably have done much better with the group of players he had, if he was that good and they were that good.

But at the end of the day you're only as good as your weakest link, make up your own mind whether that's KD,Gazzaniga,Jos or even Gallagher or Guly. That's why 7 teams finished above us, they didn't have weak players of that level or at least have to use them.

But at the end of the day you're only as good as your weakest link, make up your own mind whether that's KD,Gazzaniga,Jos or even Gallagher or Guly. That's why 7 teams finished above us, they didn't have weak players of that level or at least have to use them.

Shush, don't pee on my anti-Pochettino bonfire ;)

Exactly right. When you take that into account, we basically won the league that we were really able to with the players we had. I still maintain that our first XI last season was at least on par with Everton. The difference was that they had Stones as their fourth CB and we had Hooiveld and whilst they could bring players like McGeady and Mirrallas off the bench, we had Guly or JWP.

As I said in another piece, Pochettino should arguably have done much better with the group of players he had, if he was that good and they were that good.

In all honesty I was a little disappointed with last season in that we didn't get more points and finish higher. I see no reason why we shouldn't have got 10 or even 15 more points. For example - 2 dropped away at Sunderland and 3 dropped away at Spurs. But my real disappointment was reserved for Osvaldo. OK, he scored the best goal of last season, but if he had played properly and knocked in the goals as he was brought in to do, then who knows how many more points we would have got. Looking at ManC and Liverpool, they both scored nearly twice as many goals as us. And who brought him in? Cortese or Pochettino or both?

In all honesty I was a little disappointed with last season in that we didn't get more points and finish higher. I see no reason why we shouldn't have got 10 or even 15 more points. For example - 2 dropped away at Sunderland and 3 dropped away at Spurs. But my real disappointment was reserved for Osvaldo. OK, he scored the best goal of last season, but if he had played properly and knocked in the goals as he was brought in to do, then who knows how many more points we would have got. Looking at ManC and Liverpool, they both scored nearly twice as many goals as us. And who brought him in? Cortese or Pochettino or both?

I think every team can look at games where they could have done better but also there could be games where we should have lost but nicked it. I am sure Spuds are kicking themselves over not getting 4th spot. If we had bought another striker instead of Osvaldo who knows. If Boruc hadnt got injured. If Puncheon had stayed. Ifs and buts and all down to hindsight.

Jay's Dad retweeting an article 'Will Liverpool come in for Jay Rodriguez before the window shuts".

Will be utterly amazed if he is here beyond the end of this season unfortunately.

Link? Is it a genuine account? I find it bizarre the actions of Corks dad and seemingly Jayrods, so unprofessional.