Results day

pap

Good luck to her! 3 years ago since I went and picked mine up. Seems like a lifetime ago. I always feel that the drama and excitement of getting your results is now ruined by the email/text you get from your uni saying if you're in or out. I think I got a text at 8am from Warwick to say I had a place, then had to wait until 11 (maybe 12) to actually open the envelope. So I already knew I had good enough grades to get into Warwick, so it was a bit of an anti climax when I opened them.

A great day to (hopefully) celebrate the culmination of 2 years of work!

She needed 3 A's. My particular motivation in this instance was to put on my best 'Ampshire accent and say "there's no fkn way you'll get those grades!!!" early on. She knew it was crappy reverse psychology (she was doing the subject, FFS!).

All things are now known. She got her grades and her first choice place.

Sleepless night for me. Unfortunately No 1 son not done well enough to get into Southampton uni so no excuse for me to go to more matches than usual. :(

From his point of view, he's got into Sussex so can doss at home for another four years.

Was quite lucky; Juvenile Unit #1's mates are all quite swotty. They all got into their first choices too - one of them is going to Cambridge. Bit more worried about Juvenile Unit #2, as despite being academic, she does cheer-leading and has mates with different priorities.

I think #1 is secretly bricking it about moving to London.

My daughter just phoned to say she got two Bs and a C. In my day that was brilliant but she sounded a bit down. Given she hardly did any work for English C is a result. She has a place in art college next year so another year of CSA payments, but I am happy for her.

I managed to get 4 B's. I needed ABB for my first choice (University of Sheffield) and fell short by 5 marks - but I've requested a remark so here's hoping.

If not, I'm guaranteed a place at Brighton.

Took my daughter to Sheffield, and many other places as she was making her deliberations. Looked to be a good city, but don't be too disheartened if the re-mark doesn't go well. Uni, more than any other form of education you've done so far, is about what you can learn yourself, not what you're taught.

What are you hoping to study?

Good luck to her! 3 years ago since I went and picked mine up. Seems like a lifetime ago. I always feel that the drama and excitement of getting your results is now ruined by the email/text you get from your uni saying if you're in or out. I think I got a text at 8am from Warwick to say I had a place, then had to wait until 11 (maybe 12) to actually open the envelope. So I already knew I had good enough grades to get into Warwick, so it was a bit of an anti climax when I opened them.

A great day to (hopefully) celebrate the culmination of 2 years of work!

Picked mine up in 1968.

It WAS a lifetime ago.

:(

Where did she get into in London Pap?

King's College London. Think it was the last place we looked at, but her first choice thereafter. Wasn't too keen initially, which probably spurred her on if I'm honest. Pleased now though.

King's College London. Think it was the last place we looked at, but her first choice thereafter. Wasn't too keen initially, which probably spurred her on if I'm honest. Pleased now though.

Know some people there, and they really enjoyed/enjoy it. Dead centre in London as well, which I think most people enjoy - especially with halls in first year!

Picked mine up in 1968.

It WAS a lifetime ago.

:(

Me too. I got my first two in 1966. Good luck to all those of you out there. Let's hope all turns out well and remember, university isn't everything, sometimes getting out there and getting work experience is better in the long run. And there's money being earned!

I muffed up my A Levels, as was expected TBF, although I did better than my predicted grades. I'd lost all love of learning in sixth form and just wanted a job. Thinking I'd missed out on a uni place (and not being fussed) I went and got a job. I eventually got a call from one of my unis (Brunel in Uxbridge) saying that I could go there, but only if I did a joint English/Music degree. I'd been on scholarships all through my school life for music, but ended up hating it and just wanted to do English. Still, through parental pressure I accepted the joint degree and a place at Brunel.

I hated it. Many reasons. I dropped out 8 months later and went and got my job back, and I've been happily working ever since. I've since learned not to force any children I may bear to do anything they don't want to do.

She needed 3 A's. My particular motivation in this instance was to put on my best 'Ampshire accent and say "there's no fkn way you'll get those grades!!!" early on. She knew it was crappy reverse psychology (she was doing the subject, FFS!).

All things are now known. She got her grades and her first choice place.

So was it the postie or milkman back in the day, who was a member of Mensa?