London gatherings

Can I just double check with that because I thought we were going for The Sheaf?

Fine with me. Does anyone have a view of whether the Sheaf is likely to be less rammed than the Wheatsheaf usually gets? Might make it easier to grab a suitable spot for the all important discussions about other posters and the eventual voting ;)

Fine with me. Does anyone have a view of whether the Sheaf is likely to be less rammed than the Wheatsheaf usually gets? Might make it easier to grab a suitable spot for the all important discussions about other posters and the eventual voting ;)

Sheaf will be quiet a **** on Tuesday I imagine, usually is.

M

It is a good pub - but a better one is the Sheaf round the corner on Southwark Street

http://www.redcarpubs.com/The-Wheatsheaf.

Run by the guy who used to run the Wheatsheaf on Stoney St (previous post). When that was closed to extend the rail line into London Bridge he moved into the basement of the old hop cellars round the corner. Then the original Wheatsheaf opened again meaning there were two pubs of the same name within a minutes of each other - confusing! The Sheaf is a bit less expensive than the WS, good pub food, sport on TV and excellent beers. Market Porter also excellent next to the WS. I work near there so know every pub in a mile radius. Great area.

Actually ignore me - I can't make the meet up in a couple of weeks!

For Jeff's benefit - Sheaf info. Its just around the corner from the WS, almost opposite the Costa Coffee place, entrance at street level but everything else down below.

Is the pub going to have phone reception, being underground and all, if someone can't find it are they going to struggle to get hold of us...

Yes, good 3G in most of it but 4G goes away nearer the back tables. O2 and Voda that is, I don't carry an EE

All still on for tomorrow night? Making sure before I walk to the train station in the morning instead of driving...

Bit of an effort for me - trains messed up by ongoing engineering work and no other real reason to be in London tomorrow now, but then have a solid attendance record to protect, so I will be there :)