1988/89

mynameisthehulk

David Axcell...... I have a **** memory but will never forget that ref...... Should have done time for we he did that match

Was there that day and saw Davis clock Glenda, then the idiot of a ref played 8 or so minutes extra time. Was not happy and remember it kicking off big time afterwards..think he got an 8 game ban. Seems a long time ago tho !

Was there that day and saw Davis clock Glenda, then the idiot of a ref played 8 or so minutes extra time. Was not happy and remember it kicking off big time afterwards..think he got an 8 game ban. Seems a long time ago tho !

That was the same season arsenal won the league with that injury time winner at Anfield. Had Paul Davis not punch Glen Cockerill then we'd have won and they'd have no chance of winning the league that night.

I remember that game well - the ref ( I think his name was Axton or something like that) was determined to play until Arsenal scored. Matt Le Tiss and Danny Wallace absolutely ran them ragged.

That match was part of my stag weekend. I can rewmember more of that match than the rest of the weekend.

On Tuesday night I thught that that ref had come back to haunt us. Why do these refs seem to want to play on until Arsenal make it 2 - 2??

That match was part of my stag weekend. I can rewmember more of that match than the rest of the weekend.

On Tuesday night I thught that that ref had come back to haunt us. Why do these refs seem to want to play on until Arsenal make it 2 - 2??

They also got a late Injury time equaliser in 2004 the season when we went down making it 2-2. So referees adding time on has won them the league and got us relegated.

I really don't get the connection. What point is being made here?

We had the same record as now after 5 games, were sitting 4th (behind Millwall and Norwich). Finished 13th, with a certain amount of nervousness at the end of the season, as I recall. All the other stuff I looked up.