How Nathaniel Clyne became a professional footballer

Saint-Armstrong

The most inspiring thing I've read about football in long time. That Scott guy's a hero. This bit is good:

“He came back and told me he’d scored four, but Arsenal reckoned he was too small. I still remind them of that when their scouts come down: we sent you Nat and now you’d pay a lot of money for him, and he’s just knocked you out of the [Capital One] Cup".

I do hope Clyne, the England international, goes back occasionally and pays his dues.

Going by the media today it looks as if woy will be starting Chambers instead of Clyne , will be an absolute joke if so!

To every fan in the country besides Arsenal fans it will be a joke. Standard England mentality though if it happens - go for the guy who is second choice at a big club rather than the guy who is first choice at a smaller club (and the best right back in the league at the moment).

I won't bother watching the game off if Clyne doesn't start. I can't get behind a team that solely exists to stroke the ego's of the big clubs and players at the big clubs. It's utterly amazing (and frustrating) to me that Ryan Shawcross can't get in this England squad when we have only one decent centre back (Cahill).

would be odd if Chambers started at RB ahead of clyne....considering he was not even in the original squad.

either way, clyne is worth a start in one of these games

So would be the keepers, does Joe Hart really need to play in both of these????

would be odd if Chambers started at RB ahead of clyne....considering he was not even in the original squad.

either way, clyne is worth a start in one of these games

So would be the keepers, does Joe Hart really need to play in both of these????

Was it really a surprise to any of us

no. roy is an idiot. Just listening to him makes you want to smash the radio/TV to bits

This selection of a player not in the original sqaud shows what he about.

Milner, ffs.

To be fair to Milner, he's been playing really well for City. He'd be in my England team at this moment in time. That doesn't really say much about the quality of the squad though, does it?

Chambers playing just strikes of ''He plays for one of the top 4, therefore he will play''.

no. roy is an idiot. Just listening to him makes you want to smash the radio/TV to bits

This selection of a player not in the original sqaud shows what he about.

Milner, ffs.

Agree...the man is an absolute clueless fool...Feels he has to pander to the so called top teams, but to be fair

every manager is the same, we will never get one who isn't as they wont be allowed the job.

The man and his gang couldn't pick a sensible squad if they tried...

Just what justification is there in playing Chambers ahead of clyne when he was not deemed worthy of a place in the original squad.

it just makes no sense what so ever.

I take that, he was going to play stones at RB...which is/was just plain ridiculous

We will storm this group, rooney will be our greatest goal scorer by whacking in the goals against san marino and estonia

and we will then get embarrassed at the Euros, again

Just what justification is there in playing Chambers ahead of clyne when he was not deemed worthy of a place in the original squad.

it just makes no sense what so ever.

I take that, he was going to play stones at RB...which is/was just plain ridiculous

We will storm this group, rooney will be our greatest goal scorer by whacking in the goals against san marino and estonia

and we will then get embarrassed at the Euros, again

If we don't it will be a the biggest joke ever.

We will always be an embarrassment at any competition as we are crap...

Roy Hodgson and the England National Team can **** right off. ****ing old ****, **** off. What a chance in a game that counts to play Chambers as centre back to see if he's the long term solution alongside Cahill, and give the best right back in the league on current form his first start, and Hogdson has ****ed it right up. Clown.