Man City 3 Saints 0 reaction

Mr X

Koeman says today he almost knew we'd not win yesterdays game. So if that was the case why didn't he blood one or two youngsters to inspire their careers and see what they could do. Tadic and Mané soon showed once again they aren't up to doing what they should be doing. Guess thy're exhausted or brain dead like the state Prowsey reached last year, so may need resting.

McQueen is back, and so is Lloyd Isgrove, both showed promise in pre season and are pretty good crossers of the ball. When a game doesn't look like going our way, we've everything to gain by giving these lads ago.

If Koeman or his team don't feel they're up to it, then something is seriously wrong and needs addressing. It is many years since there was such a breakdown in the flow of Academy graduates. After all we only lost Chambers, who already had one foot in the first team.

Blaming Koeman may not be right and maybe it was Pochettino and his band who left this void.

Obviously the TV Taters here (Peter Drury & Kevin Kilbane) could hardly hide their glee at us being put in our place.

Drury is by far the most annoying, patronizing, tongue-up-the-a## of the 'big team' commentator ever. Makes a game pretty much un-listenable to. Does he still do ITV commentaries? He now does some worldwide feed ones so have to suffer him sometimes.

Not surprised at all that he loved Saints losing.

Very down this morning. Cant even bring myself to read the "told you so's" in the tabloids.

It was fun, but now its over. 6th-8th beckons. The only hope I have is if we bounce back on Wednesday..

Cheer up Alpine ! 6th or 8th would be an immense achievement. We were beaten by a team that are a grade above us and there is no shame in that. We have two ore difficult games before we have a chance to play teams at our level. Keep on beating the latter and we will finish comfortable mid table or better. It could be worse, we could be in a relegation scrap !

Koeman says today he almost knew we'd not win yesterdays game. So if that was the case why didn't he blood one or two youngsters to inspire their careers and see what they could do. Tadic and Mané soon showed once again they aren't up to doing what they should be doing. Guess thy're exhausted or brain dead like the state Prowsey reached last year, so may need resting.

McQueen is back, and so is Lloyd Isgrove, both showed promise in pre season and are pretty good crossers of the ball. When a game doesn't look like going our way, we've everything to gain by giving these lads ago.

QUOTE]

I really do agree - for example, why on earth hasn't Reed been given a bit more game time this season?

QUOTE]

I really do agree - for example, why on earth hasn't Reed been given a bit more game time this season?

With the benefit of hindsight, this wouldn't have been a bad idea. At least citeh wouldn't have known much about Reed or Isgrove. They had our main squad comprehensively nailed tactically.

That was a f**king embarrassment.

i don't care who we are playing:.. 3 goals in 1 half, 2 against 10 men and a complete nothing performance.

Probably more of the same on Wednesday.

Think that's harsh, sounds like you would prefer the football either end of the M27, your choice?

Bit late for us, although I can't blame him for our loss, unfortunately. This lack of a game is effectively a fine of a few thousand pounds for him.
Had Fonte got sent off and they got a penalty hate to think what the score would have been. Hope never to cross Jones again. Worst referee on the circuit,

Had Fonte got sent off and they got a penalty hate to think what the score would have been. Hope never to cross Jones again. Worst referee on the circuit,

It wouldn't have been a red as there were others covering and Agüero wasn't running towards goal but even so it wouldn't have been pretty. Once they scored it was always going to be a struggle.

The MOTD analysis of just how hard Man City worked to nullify us was very good indeed, also saying how each of their players put in top performances; the skill of Aguero was awesome; sometimes you just have to accept you get beaten by a better team on the day. I really hope this result will make us stronger and more determined in the future.

I didn't find it that depressing - they are an excellent side.

We could have surrendered at 1-0 but we chased the game and got punished.

Had Pelle connected in the 85th minute it could have been different - we pushed to get back from 2-0 and got hit again.

I'd rather we went down trying to get something from the game than park the bus for a 1-0 defeat.

Let's see how the players react over the next couple of games before getting too suicidal.

To put the game in perspective you have to remember, "Rome wasn't built in a day"...do you remember how long and how much money was spent to get Man City where they are today? There were several seasons that, despite their expenditure they looked to be marking time. We're doing well...you have to expect the occasional set-backs against stronger sides. We dropped 3 points...it happens.

hi lads, new user. thought I'd weigh in...watched the game live (while abroad in africa...) - thought we actually played quite well....pelle hasn't had the best past 3 or so games but I actually thought tadic, davis, fonte and toby put in a good shift.

ultimately they are last seasons champions for a reason and whilst I did wonder whether we'd nick a point or three, they probably do have better man-for-man quality.

totally changed my perspective on arsenal mid-week though. they really don't have the man for man quality as man city do, and the fact that so many players are injured (I read somewhere that flamini is playing LB for tomorrows game...) gives me a lot of confidence actually

QUOTE]

Are you really questioning Koeman?! 26 points. 3rd in the league. After an unprecedented summer of transfer activity. Absolute crackpots - the pair of you. We were beaten by a better team on the day. Move on.

With the benefit of hindsight, this wouldn't have been a bad idea. At least citeh wouldn't have known much about Reed or Isgrove. They had our main squad comprehensively nailed tactically.

Hahahahahaha. Wait, this is a joke, right?